All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love everything about lady jags, the collars, the criss cross straps, the skorts, the pink, the lipstick, I love all of it.

I don't understand why people have been getting so worked up lately over things like cutouts, mesh, etc. All star cheerleading is a performance sport, much like figure skating or dance. Also I have to assume that these uniforms are designed with the athletes in mind, If they like them and feel comfortable in them, who are we to judge? Just because we don't know how to wear a bra with it doesn't mean the people actually wearing it don't. It's not necessarily a recipe for a wardrobe malfunction either. It can happen to anyone. I've had a wardrobe malfunction with a uniform that I could wear a bra with that had no crazy cut outs.

I wonder if you guys realize how many athletes all-stars loses, simply because of the image. I run a rec league program, and I've had SO many parents say, "I looked in to XYZ All-stars, but I would never let my daughter wear that uniform and that much make-up. She's just a little girl!" And note, our local all-star gym has a normal crop top and shorts with no cut outs or anything. I've had just as many moms say that as those who object to the cost.

From a purely economic standpoint, I think gym owners would do better to project a more conservative, wholesome image. After all, would anybody quit if they COULDN'T wear a crop top and a pound of makeup?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I wonder if you guys realize how many athletes all-stars loses, simply because of the image. I run a rec league program, and I've had SO many parents say, "I looked in to XYZ All-stars, but I would never let my daughter wear that uniform and that much make-up. She's just a little girl!" And note, our local all-star gym has a normal crop top and shorts with no cut outs or anything. I've had just as many moms say that as those who object to the cost.

From a purely economic standpoint, I think gym owners would do better to project a more conservative, wholesome image. After all, would anybody quit if they COULDN'T wear a crop top and a pound of makeup?

To answer your final question, yes, some people would quit if the required image of all star was more in line with A&T.

It sounds like your area might be more conservative than other parts of the country; nothing wrong with that. But I'm not sure you can take the sentiments of parents you've talked to (and I'm certainly not doubting you that this is the consensus you've heard!) and make broad statements about how many athletes are lost due to image when in other parts of the country, athletes are clearly drawn to the image those in your area are rejecting. Have you asked parents at the all star gym if they chose that program rather than rec due, in some small part, to the performance and flashier aspects of all star? Just another perspective :)

To answer your final question, yes, some people would quit if the required image of all star was more in line with A&T.

It sounds like your area might be more conservative than other parts of the country; nothing wrong with that. But I'm not sure you can take the sentiments of parents you've talked to (and I'm certainly not doubting you that this is the consensus you've heard!) and make broad statements about how many athletes are lost due to image when in other parts of the country, athletes are clearly drawn to the image those in your area are rejecting. Have you asked parents at the all star gym if they chose that program rather than rec due, in some small part, to the performance and flashier aspects of all star? Just another perspective :)

No, I'm actually from the Chicago area - not exactly the Bible belt.

And I disagree. Of the parents who I've talked to who have chosen all star over rec, it's been in spite of the image, not because of it.

Really, if someone objected to a full top vs a crop top... Where are they going to go? What sport/activity is LESS conservative than all star cheer? Not many.

Of course, without taking a scientific poll, it's all speculation. But I strongly believe that gyms would do better economically with a more conservative image.

Friday I found myself standing in Dallas at the Nfinity "pro shop party", and my Mom, who is not educated at all in the area of uniforms, stopped in front of the Rebel table and her jaw literally dropped at the monstrosity on their mannequins-they told her they "put crazy designs into their magazines and at events so that people will be able to see that they can truly do whatever they want through their company"...like I get the concept, "the customer is always right", and they want nothing more than a positive name in the industry...but when they put out insane, unattractive prototype-uniforms...how do they expect to obtain this positive name in the industry? They have done some great uniforms, like CE and Madtown, but seriously? I feel like they should re-think their publicity process.
On another note, I very rarely enjoy subliminated uniforms because they're just not my cup of tea, and I have to admit, when I saw those TG 04 unis in Dallas, I was taken back with their beauty. Well done TG.
also cheers to Senior and Coed Elite because I love their new uniforms though I am a little biased ;)

I wasn't aware that Rebel had a bad reputation. They have a lot of crazy sample/demo uniforms, but I think all of the ones they've done for real customers have turned out fabulously. I haven't heard any complaints about them from their customers.

They're clearly not hurting for work. They're only taking a limited number of new customers next year. Just because you or I don't like what's in their look book (and it's a look book, not a catalog) doesn't mean that it's not doing it's job of turning heads and getting attention - and new customers.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that Rebel had a bad reputation. They have a lot of crazy sample/demo uniforms, but I think all of the ones they've done for real customers have turned out fabulously. I haven't heard any complaints about them from their customers.

Agree with this completely! We all joke about some of the designs they make but ones that gyms have gotten made generally look great!! I don't think I have every read any complaints about uniform quality or problems

I don't get why people feel like we need to be on two ends of the extremes. It's not like our choices are full tops and knee length skirts or nipple tassels and a g-string, hair so high it hits the door-frame or a straggly mess hanging in our faces...so tanned you glow neon or dark circles under your eyes. THERE IS A MIDDLE GROUND- one that involves a touch of sass, a bit of bling, performance ready and not 'performance' ready. If you can't hold up a stunt because you're sweating your mascara into your eyes, it's too much. If your hair is your 4th base, take it down an inch or two. If the only person less covered than you is a naked baby, add a scrap of fabric or six.

Barbie isn't real. Perfection is impossible. Sometimes I wish we'd focus more on the everyday things that bring confidence instead of an artificial reality that substitutes for it.

Little late but, I hope they use the white Allen HS uniform on p.22, since they use the v-neck one on that page, and it's definitely cute in person:p
That one in the book looks like it was photoshopped on her body, especially the gradient lol.

Friday I found myself standing in Dallas at the Nfinity "pro shop party", and my Mom, who is not educated at all in the area of uniforms, stopped in front of the Rebel table and her jaw literally dropped at the monstrosity on their mannequins-they told her they "put crazy designs into their magazines and at events so that people will be able to see that they can truly do whatever they want through their company"...like I get the concept, "the customer is always right", and they want nothing more than a positive name in the industry...but when they put out insane, unattractive prototype-uniforms...how do they expect to obtain this positive name in the industry? They have done some great uniforms, like CE and Madtown, but seriously? I feel like they should re-think their publicity process.
On another note, I very rarely enjoy subliminated uniforms because they're just not my cup of tea, and I have to admit, when I saw those TG 04 unis in Dallas, I was taken back with their beauty. Well done TG.
also cheers to Senior and Coed Elite because I love their new uniforms though I am a little biased ;)
Just to add to what you said (and thank you :) ), Rebel had nothing to do with the designs of our uniforms. They only manufactured them. We (both Madtown Twisters and CE) worked with @BuegeSmalls to come up with those designs. I know they own the designs now though.

Last edited:
Back