All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Shoot me for posting but really I don't care.... I've seen 2 level 5s having spots in jumps to back from Indy..... No!!!!!!!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Hi Underestimated!

I'm not sure who you are, but after reviewing a few of your posts, it certainly seems like you know who I am and have quite a few opinions about my gym. I would love to actually meet you one day and perhaps have a conversation to get to know each other!

One of the teams you are mentioning here is my Small Senior 5 (Rain Athletics-Steel City Aqua). We are a first year gym with 16 of our 19 girls on Aqua brand new to Level 5. This was our first National competition, and thus our first bid competition.

Our goal for this season was to build up these 19 girls physically, mentally, and emotionally to be able to compete in the Small Senior 5 division, and hopefully earn a bid to Worlds. The development of each athlete in these three categories, and the team as a whole, are our number 1 priority (as it is for each of our teams).

The girl in question has worked so hard to gain her jumps to back this season - working nearly 6 days a week through a mental block - to achieve a skill she previously didn't think possible. After analyzing the situation and discussing with Jamfest reps who assured me it's legal, I decided this girl needed the confidence boost of throwing the skill in competition - even if she needed someone there screaming for her and tapping her on her back. Is it ideal? Absolutely not, but this girl's growing confidence and pride in herself was more important to me when making the decision to allow her to throw the skill. With her added confidence after this weekend, we are working on removing the "spot".

This weekend, for us, wasn't about winning. It was about trying to hit a routine that would have been impossible 7 months ago when these amazing girls were just learning each other's names. We were thrilled to nearly hit our routine Day 1 (a few timing and technique errors and one touch down), and earn 3rd place in the Small senior 5 division. After a few additional mistakes on Day 2, we ended in 6th and earned a bid to Worlds, which was more than we anticipated this early in the season.

While we certainly don't claim to be perfect, we are improving and are endlessly proud of our girls. As a coach, seeing my girls proud of themselves and their teammates - and achieving the "impossible" is more important than anything else.

In closing, I hope our "spotter" didn't cause you too much frustration, and I hope this post sheds some light on our team, and our goal as a gym. I love this sport for all it's intensity and the positive benefits and life lessons it teaches these young girls and guys. You can't always please everyone, but as long as our kids/teams are happy, healthy, and consistently improving, I will continue to believe in what we are doing.

Oranges technique in tumbling is flawless. But that dance isnt giving everything...maybe it's the Angle the video is at-_-

Okay, since I watched quite a lot level 5 videos after the last weekend I have a question:

Why is it so difficult for level 5 athletes to not have their thumbs out in the beginning of a routine when standing still?

There is almost no level 5 team out there where the athletes and/or coaches care about that little detail. And somehow it drives me insane that level 1 teams are able to do that, but level 5 teams aren't.

Hi Underestimated!

I'm not sure who you are, but after reviewing a few of your posts, it certainly seems like you know who I am and have quite a few opinions about my gym. I would love to actually meet you one day and perhaps have a conversation to get to know each other!

except he never mentioned your gym or team (or the second team he noticed doing this, also) and you just called yourself out. with 7 paragraphs of excuses...

except he never mentioned your gym or team (or the second team he noticed doing this, also) and you just called yourself out. with 7 paragraphs of excuses...

I am beyond proud of what we did this weekend and not ashamed to raise my hand and say "that was us", so certainly not excuses - simply insight.

They have a guaranteed chance of making finals in Large senior. They aren't bad at all. At this point this division needs more teams. Everyone is always saying that, yet whenever a team does go large we are so quick to say they shouldn't be large.
It seems like "they" say every new team to the division would be better in medium LOL. :D

I am side eyeing anyone who thinks Orange is not a contender in Large Senior. Stars are my favorite in this division but in my opinion, right now Orange looks like the team to beat.
Anyone who underestimates any of these teams
I am side eyeing anyone who thinks Orange is not a contender in Large Senior. Stars are my favorite in this division but in my opinion, right now Orange looks like the team to beat.
I would not underestimate ANY of the teams in this division. They are all competitive and the routines you are seeing now, wont be what you see at NCA or Worlds. Buckle up...it is gonna be a wild ride!!!

Large Senior is giving me a headache! THESE TEAMS ARE ALL SO GOOD! Honestly for me if these teams were to compete and hit tomorrow, I would currently rank them as 1. Stars 2. Panthers 3. Orange 4. SE - I never really see SE being good competition until they compete at Worlds and make a million and 1 changes. I honestly want Orange to take Gold at both NCA & Worlds and break this Large Senior curse for good!

Large Senior is giving me a headache! THESE TEAMS ARE ALL SO GOOD! Honestly for me if these teams were to compete and hit tomorrow, I would currently rank them as 1. Stars 2. Panthers 3. Orange 4. SE - I never really see SE being good competition until they compete at Worlds and make a million and 1 changes. I honestly want Orange to take Gold at both NCA & Worlds and break this Large Senior curse for good!
nope i need Stars to win worlds, and someone else can have NCA. ;) but holy cow, is large senior going to be a war that im not looking forward to on fierceboard.

I think you have left out a couple of teams....

I think you have left out a couple of teams....

Oh sorry, I meant no harm! I havent really seen any of the other teams. I did some research and it looks like these teams are also in Large Senior:

Cheer Tyme Allstars Love
Exxcel Allstars Extreme Divas
KC Cheer Fearless
New Jersey Spirit Explosion X5
Rocket Cheer Villains
Charlotte Allstars Imperial

I love that this division has almost doubled in one year!

Oh sorry, I meant no harm! I havent really seen any of the other teams. I did some research and it looks like these teams are also in Large Senior:

Cheer Tyme Allstars Love
Exxcel Allstars Extreme Divas
KC Cheer Fearless
New Jersey Spirit Explosion X5
Rocket Cheer Villains
Charlotte Allstars Imperial

I love that this division has almost doubled in one year!
No harm taken! Looks like Imperial and Villains have competed in other divisions, so they may not be in the Large one anymore. That leaves 7 in the division so far.

Back