All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Really!! You have to stay on the same team until you age off?
At CEA, not everywhere. And the rule is probably that you have to stage in the same age group until you age off, not necessarily the same team. For example if you start out at 8 on a Junior 2 but have a double by the time you're 12, you can move up the levels but still stay in the junior age bracket. So if you're put on the highest level team in that age group (Junior 5) you would be staying on the same team until you age out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, @mstealtoyou

Last edited:
NJSE X5 looks like they would fare better in medium. Not a LAG routine in my opinion.

At CEA, not everywhere. And the rule is probably that you have to stage in the same age group until you age off, not necessarily the same team. For example if you start out at 8 on a Junior 2 but have a double by the time you're 12, you can move up the levels but still stay in the junior age bracket. So if you're put on the highest level team in that age group (Junior 5) you would be staying on the same team until you age out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, @mstealtoyou

You're right. But an 8 year old would have to do YE until they aged out. If they wanted to be considered for 2 teams they could be eligible for a Jr team.

We aged off YE and she was on Jr's too.... Then when she aged out of Youth JE was her primary team and we opted for her to be considered for a Sr team as well. So, she's done JE and Coed/SE for 3 season's.

This was just her situation.........KT is right in that kids will do an age appropriate team (whether it's 2, 3, 4 or 5 doesn't matter) and have the option of doing a team an "Age Up".

I agree. To my knowledge they have 31 girls, they should take one off/put her on another team and just go medium

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

They have a guaranteed chance of making finals in Large senior. They aren't bad at all. At this point this division needs more teams. Everyone is always saying that, yet whenever a team does go large we are so quick to say they shouldn't be large.

Back