All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This was my next question. I feel like there's a rule somewhere that says that if you compete half the year with one team you cant switch to other gym for Worlds or somthing like that. Plus she earned a bid with Smoed and didnt earn one with SE so how is that going to work? Im sure she wasnt on SE's alternate list when that bid was earned. But Im not too savvy with Worlds rules and things. Can anybody clarify?

Not sure I agree with this but every year our gym has tryouts for our worlds team (after the regular season is over). So even if you were on the team all season and were on the team when they earned their worlds bid, you could be replaced. You have to earn your spot. So I guess you don't have to be on the team at all all year to be on the team that goes to worlds. Obviously the bulk of the team stays the same but there are always some replacements.

It's a double-sided coin: those teams we decry about going to worlds for the 'experience' are the same teams that would weep over second or seventh at NCA, and those teams that have the audacity to be unhappy with second are the teams earning the scores needed to be truly competitive at Worlds.

It's comparing apples and oranges. You think Mustafina was 'happy' she got to compete at the Olympics, and to heck with the All-around? Some girls were just happy to make finals! There are people that compete and there are COMPETITORS. Their wants, desires, and needs are different. To insist someone should essentially 'shut up and be happy' is comically naive. 10 years from now, those girls who have been on these teams might remember that somewhat winning season with a silver cap and smile, but don't think that there are those who would trade that gladly for a ring on their finger.

CheerForce_Nfinity_L5_Open_Coe_01c5a1deb5df3d35b0900444b2b57757.gif

This makes me happy, seeing someone dance with joy after hitting their routine. :cloud9:

Not to call any gyms out - but please don't think for one second that these gyms do not cause,create and weigh in on countless acts of cheer drama. They are N O T innocent. Saying this from personal twitter experience (valid? haha!)

Edited to say - the athletes cause the drama, not the gym specifically. Only one of the gyms you listed above have caused (a heck of a lot of) drama that I have witnessed with my own eyes.
I completely agree with you, but in this case, I believe it was more of CEA as a whole starting the drama. The video does not focus on just one team as it does the entire level 5 program.

I completely agree with you, but in this case, I believe it was more of CEA as a whole starting the drama. The video does not focus on just one team as it does the entire level 5 program.

I think it was JTV not CEA. And I don't think it caused drama as much other people used it as a reason to start drama.

The ending of that SE video gave me the creeps lol. The look on her face was creepy haha. I laughed and died inside. But I'm curious to see how she'll do on that team. Good luck SE!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I thought that was as long as you didn't earn a bid. I don't know where but I swear I read somewhere if you earned a bid you couldn't change programs.. But I may be making that up :p
She just needs a release from Cali, which she has. If you compete with a team after Nov 1 ( regardless of level), you need a release from that gym before you can take the mat at Worlds for another gym. That is the only rule about leaving 1 gym for another in regards to Worlds.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The way the video was presented was going to start drama. Everything about it screamed dramatic and sore loser-ish lol

I saw it as more of a motivational video for CEA athletes. If you look at the video imagining you're a CEA athlete (which I am not, just can see it from their view) it is a motivational and inspirational video as they go into the next few months of Worlds training. Also shown through the songs in the vid.

Agree to disagree? :) (Lets stay friends!)

Back