All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There's a pause compared to a team like Lady Lightning who just bounce off the floor into their next jump, but Orange does the same thing. Both teams use the exact same jump technique minus arm placement. And the fact that someone could actually look at Senior Elite's jumps and call them bad, say they're awful, cringeworthy, or anything other than "stunning" is enough to make me want to rip my face off and never subject myself to the idiocy that takes place on this website sometimes again.
Not sure if you're talking about me, but I never said SE's were bad, I think they are very good (which is saying a lot coming from me), I just wish they made them look slightly more effortless, that's all, nothing "idiotic" about that. Lady Lightning has my all time favorite jumps, I love when the jumps are just immediately bounded like that, I wish more teams did that, but that's just a personal preference I guess.

There's a pause compared to a team like Lady Lightning who just bounce off the floor into their next jump, but Orange does the same thing. Both teams use the exact same jump technique minus arm placement. And the fact that someone could actually look at Senior Elite's jumps and call them bad, say they're awful, cringeworthy, or anything other than "stunning" is enough to make me want to rip my face off and never subject myself to the idiocy that takes place on this website sometimes again.

bwahahahaha You just made me laugh......

I'm sure I've never noticed because I'm just used to it. I happen to think we had the best jumps in the division the last 2 season's. I don't think they're quite that good this year but I wouldn't call them cringe worthy either.

So, serious question here.......suggestions so they don't look so labored? How do you think they could fix that? @luv2cheer92

Not sure if you're talking about me, but I never said SE's were bad, I think they are very good (which is saying a lot coming from me), I just wish they made them look slightly more effortless, that's all, nothing "idiotic" about that. Lady Lightning has my all time favorite jumps, I love when the jumps are just immediately bounded like that, I wish more teams did that, but that's just a personal preference I guess.

Not specifically referring to you, just some of the posts about their jumps. I think if you actually put Orange and Senior Elite side by side at the same time, you'd see they sink about evenly, and Orange actually sinks longer between hurdles/pikes. As someone who learned to jump on a gym floor, I can honestly tell you rebounding is not fun as a cheerleader. Sure it's easy on a spring floor, but the second you try and take that jump technique to a non sprung floor... God save your ankles.

bwahahahaha You just made me laugh......

I'm sure I've never noticed because I'm just used to it. I happen to think we had the best jumps in the division the last 2 season's. I don't think they're quite that good this year but I wouldn't call them cringe worthy either.

So, serious question here.......suggestions so they don't look so labored? How do you think they could fix that? @luv2cheer92

The ONLY criticism I have, is that many girls are compensating lack of hip rotation/flexibility with dropped chests this year. Not as much in the past but a bit more this year. Teams like Panthers (though they have the most laboured jumps of the 3) and Orange just seem to have a bit more effortless jumping when it comes to anything above 180 degrees.

When teams reboud immediately it more often than not makes the jumps looks sloppy. They don't finish one jump and bring it all the way to the floor before starting the next to theres arms and legs flailing about all over the place and it looks sloppy. Its too rushed.

I watch a team's jumps for timing and togetherness. I love how senior elite is like in unison in their jumps, great examples would be worlds day 2 last year and NCA either day this year. Haven't seen such perfect jumps from a team besides spirit of texas med coed.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm exactly the same, why have bad timing and uneven leg heights when you can take a small pause and have flawlessly synchronised and remain in a tight formation like SE and SOT? I would much rather see that anyday!
Its obviously not harming either of them otherwise something would have been said years ago.

When teams reboud immediately it more often than not makes the jumps looks sloppy. They don't finish one jump and bring it all the way to the floor before starting the next to theres arms and legs flailing about all over the place and it looks sloppy. Its too rushed.
LLs have never looked rushed or sloppy to me, but now that I think about it (and am not focused on the stress of that bball game) it probably wouldn't look as good and clean as theirs if a large team did it. But I think we can all agree that SE and oranges are all better than WCSS lol, they need to get it together. They're my all time fav and their letting me down haha

LLs have never looked rushed or sloppy to me, but now that I think about it (and am not focused on the stress of that bball game) it probably wouldn't look as good and clean as theirs if a large team did it. But I think we can all agree that SE and oranges are all better than WCSS lol, they need to get it together. They're my all time fav and their letting me down haha

LL's don't look sloppy at all (a little rushed to me, but as you mentioned earlier you prefer one style and I another and thats cool!) but I would say they are the exception.
However they do tend to drift out of their original jump formation - which tends the common trend for most teams who adopt this style of jump. Its very easy to do with the amount of rebounds - your feet are naturally going to shift a bit.

I agree, it would be difficult for a large team to look remotely nice doing these. It could be done I'm sure, but it would take a heck of a lotta time and work.

LL's don't look sloppy at all (a little rushed to me, but as you mentioned earlier you prefer one style and I another and thats cool!) but I would say they are the exception.
However they do tend to drift out of their original jump formation - which tends the common trend for most teams who adopt this style of jump. Its very easy to do with the amount of rebounds - your feet are naturally going to shift a bit.

I agree, it would be difficult for a large team to look remotely nice doing these. It could be done I'm sure, but it would take a heck of a lotta time and work.

Let me tell you, you get on a floor that's not 100% and have a team rebounding and one person gets slightly off time, it's not fun for anyone around them. We competed this year and had always had it drilled to us not to rebound but once competition came, people went back to old habits (understandably). There was once I actually couldn't jump because I was "double bounced" per say after my hurdle when I was trying to sink into a pike.

I personally find the LL jump style way more difficult. I cheer high school and then at ICE in the off season and for high school we jump SE style because were dead mat and it makes more sense. I personally think my jumps look more sloppy the way ICE teaches them. I have a hard time controlling my body gracefully. I think the slower, more pause-y style looks much cleaner and easier.

I'm exactly the same, why have bad timing and uneven leg heights when you can take a small pause and have flawlessly synchronised and remain in a tight formation like SE and SOT? I would much rather see that anyday!
Its obviously not harming either of them otherwise something would have been said years ago.

i would definitely say orange had some of the best jumps at NCA. their timing and formation was practically flawless.

i would definitely say orange had some of the best jumps at NCA. their timing and formation was practically flawless.

Agree, Orange should have been included in my above list. Their jumps are beautiful. Whilst I still prefer Senior Elite's than Oranges because I think they have more grace and flow - you will always have bias towards Stingray teams and that is cool! :) I'm so happy that orange start with their arms down now in jumps, wasn't digging at the start of the season when they started near their head.

Back