All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

General observation, I should never see ANYONE on a Worlds team with bent wrists. Like. Jesus be a Cheer 101 clinic.

Also, I've had athletes complain in the past that people yelling "hit hit hit hit PULL" throws them off.

Is there any truth to that?

(when I last took the mat in college, that wasn't really a thing)

Sorry just found this one. Lol
They've taken out a bit of the more difficult skills since nca but I still love it! Love the new mix as well. I'm just sad they changed the pyramid music. It brought back good memories. Haha

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

General observation, I should never see ANYONE on a Worlds team with bent wrists. Like. Jesus be a Cheer 101 clinic.

Also, I've had athletes complain in the past that people yelling "hit hit hit hit PULL" throws them off.

It's never thrown me off when the crowd does it, but I really strongly dislike teams yelling it while they're doing jumps. That would probably throw me off.

Thank the cheer gods for Cali's lower level/non Worlds teams, and Cali Coed. Nice to see some Cali teams having that Cali swag I always expect from the gym, cause Sparkle, LB, and Smoed are giving me none of it. 3 ridiculously talented teams, but I feel that, like Gym Tyme, the routines just seem so uninspired this year.

No..
If it throws you off then you're listening to the wrong thing during your performance.
If I was listening to the crowd and not the music and the crowd was off then I'd be thrown off. Otherwise that seems silly to me. I always hear it but it makes no difference from when people don't yell it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I've never had an issue with that.... We yell it during our jumps and I can't even hear if the crowd is yelling it over us.I guess if they were off time and really loud it could, but if the people on the floor are yelling it then it's hard to be off or hear the crowd anyway.
When I perform I never hear the crowd. I can tell when they're being loud, and I can tell when all the stunts hit/if they fell because you can hear them get louder/quieter, but that's all I hear. Just the level, not specific words. I'm too into the routine. I scream specifics when other teams are on even though I know they probably can't hear what I'm saying.

Better video of LB

In my opinion, Lady Bullets don't become the "Lady Bullets" I've known and loved these past few seasons until the pyramid... That's where I really see the flyers attack the routine with a performance and the technique feels good. Again, the difficulty is there (I'd argue that they have one of the most if not the most difficult elite sequence in the division) but it doesn't look effortless (and the best/most well executed elite stunt sequences always do).

More than anything, I think it's the standing tumbling timing and technique that throw me off. Easily their weakest area for me in execution. I'm still holding my breath for this team though, they'll be just fine come worlds :)

Oh, and I'm def onboard w/ homegirl's new big hair. Haha. I don't know that I've ever seen a fiercer forward roll transition than hers at 1:26. haha

No..
If it throws you off then you're listening to the wrong thing during your performance.

That's always been my thought process, but I have always wondered if there was any real truth to that.

I was always "in the zone" so the crowd could seriously have been yelling the phone book and I would not have noticed.

Further unrelated side note: Coaching and judging high school cheer makes it really hard for me to not see that ONE person who touches down out of 30 people. Or the one person with struggle jumps in the back. It's almost sad. I cannot un-see anything. lol.

lady bullets - so much improvement! they look awesome!! however, was that video shot from a super weird angle or was their entire routine off-center? my OCD started kicking in and that's all i could focus on :confused: (though unless the mats and backdrop were uneven, i'm going to take a wild guess it's just a weird angle. nonetheless, it still drove me crazy)

I thought the same thing - looks off center but then I was thinking it was just the angle of the video. I thought smoed video looked off center as well.

Back