All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This time of year is early...I can't imagine having my teams go full out at a showcase right now.
whats the point in doing a showcase if your not gonna do half of it. i get why teams may leave out the pyramid or running tumbling to prevent early injuries, etc. but to not do the dance or any jumps on top of that seems pointless.
i dont like to bring up certain programs, etc. , but to have a showcase and not do any tumbling, when the majority of the routine consisted of tumbling. i felt like it was pointless to watch.
idk i feel like if your gonna do a showcase, then actually "show" something significant.

This time of year is early...I can't imagine having my teams go full out at a showcase right now.

I've never had any of my cp's be on a team that doesn't go full out at a showcase, I've always been told and believe a showcase is to show what you're putting out there , I'd rather see someone have mistakes then not perform full out. I lose interest very fast.

Cja is one of my most fav teams but when teams are already getting summit bids and worlds bids, it officially cheer season. To me.

whats the point in doing a showcase if your not gonna do half of it. i get why teams may leave out the pyramid or running tumbling to prevent early injuries, etc. but to not do the dance or any jumps on top of that seems pointless.
i dont like to bring up certain programs, etc. , but to have a showcase and not do any tumbling, when the majority of the routine consisted of tumbling. i felt like it was pointless to watch.
idk i feel like if your gonna do a showcase, then actually "show" something significant.
Do you coach a Worlds team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I've never had any of my cp's be on a team that doesn't go full out at a showcase, I've always been told and believe a showcase is to show what you're putting out there , I'd rather see someone have mistakes then not perform full out. I lose interest very fast.

Cja is one of my most fav teams but when teams are already getting summit bids and worlds bids, it officially cheer season. To me.
I don't disagree, since I don't enjoy watching vids of teams marking...BUT, it is really early up here. Teams may be competing elsewhere in the nation, but not here. The first competition for the region is next Sunday, and it's 1 day that most gyms don't attend. We don't start competing for 3 more weeks. Also, CJA didn't have to release those vids. Their showcase was a friends and family thing. I'm happy we got a glimpse of them. And I really can't believe they were in just sports bras. Craziness is going on up there ;)

I have to say I'm with NJ Coach on this one. Unfortunately it seems like in this industry you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't lol. The very fact that gym owners and coaches have opened their showcases to the public and CheerLive should be commended. Once upon a time a gym showcase was a private event meant for parents and as a dress rehearsal for the teams themselves but now fans expect to see a full out routine as if it's Worlds tomorrow….NOT! Clearly if a coach has chosen not to show a particular portion of a routine it's for a reason. The athletes safety, building confidence, and getting the program excited about the season to come is what's most important for these events.

So please why don't we all take a :chillpill: pill and just applaud our favorite teams for what they did instead of what they didn't do. After all it is more than what we had to look at a month ago lol. Happy Cheer Season Everyone! :D

i have no problem if you don't do your routine full out yet.
all i'm saying is that i won't say a team looks amazing until i see their full out routine.
we all know it can be a little easier to hit your stunts when your not doing any tumbling or vise versa.
except when it's a team we like ;)

I'm tardy to the party- but F5 is looking MUCH cleaner than they have in years past. I'm not sure whether or not their tumbling has improved/stayed the same. Some looks MUCH better (like it's floating) and some looks..eh. Perhaps because for the longest time F5 was known for their tumbling, I mentally expect everyone to look super fabulous (which is why I'm more impressed with other teams).

Shocking for me- That first half of the dance was a big :confused::oops: but near the end was more :D. Maybe the only Queens I like are made of Ice. Or Norwegian. Team Gunz, however...that dance was all that and a bag of potato chips.

Back