All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How many times does SE need to touch their team mates hips in front of them? Because they did it THREE TIMES IN THE FIRST MINUTE. How many times do they have to booty pop? How many times do they have to make a heart or hold hands or just pose? Why can't we see a little innovative choreography that does not include a stunt or a motion that looks like they're posing for a camera. Their routines don't look like routines anymore. Is it because it's basically the same exact thing every year? Or is it that there's no choreography? Doing a skill, running to your next spot, do another skill, do a stunt, run to another place on the mat, do a booty pop and then run to the next part does not constitute as choreography, sorry. They are skilled cheerleaders but their routines do not show off all they have to offer. I used to be a die hard teal fan. But that was back in 2009 when they actually had a nice routine. Their routines look like they are there to hit the score sheet and that's it. Do the skills and leave. You wanna know why people love WCSS so much? Because they put on a show while doing their skills. Because their routine allows them to. And yes, when they're having a rough day, Shooting Stars still perform their hearts out. No matter if its a real competition or not.Saying SE routines look hectic is at points, and understatement. Half the time I'm thinking "what they heck are they doing? Where is my attention supposed to be drawn too?" There's too much going on at once that it's overwhelming.

For Christmas, I'm asking Santa to give Senior Elite a brand new routine. Please Santa, please. I've been so good this year.
But if it works why change it?

Cheer Dad = broke dad

But if it works why change it?

Cheer Dad = broke dad

A very good point. I believe Courtney/members of the CEA community have said that multiple times regarding their routines. They hit the scoresheet well, that's a given since they score well at almost every competition. It's just not an aesthetically pleasing routine and there's a lot that's going on the jumble of skills that are being thrown. Besides the skills, cheer is very much a performance sport and I think SE has lost a lot of that.

A very good point. I believe Courtney/members of the CEA community have said that multiple times regarding their routines. They hit the scoresheet well, that's a given since they score well at almost every competition. It's just not an aesthetically pleasing routine and there's a lot that's going on the jumble of skills that are being thrown. Besides the skills, cheer is very much a performance sport and I think SE has lost a lot of that.
They perform differently than most. It's more about the emotions and the feel of the routine and the "moment". Just because they aren't snatching wigs every 5 seconds doesn't mean they don't perform.

They perform differently than most. It's more about the emotions and the feel of the routine and the "moment". Just because they aren't snatching wigs every 5 seconds doesn't mean they don't perform.
Did you have to go there????

I just got "feel this moment" OUT of my head after last season. Now it's back in there! :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Different teams have different strengths, different weaknesses, and all put on a different show.

If you don't like the teal broadway, don't buy tickets.
Senior elite are a team that has never really "danced their booties off." Have they ever needed to? Not really - they've scored where they've needed to score. Other teams dance their butts off because that's a part of their show. Other teams, not so much.
Not caring for the dance is completely acceptable, but long dissertations describing each motion you don't like - to me, is unnecessary. And that's for any team - teal, black, or polka dotted.
I find it funny that people keep mentioning 'dance their booties off'. Because CEA doesn't have a whole lot of hip-thrusting. And still had the highest scoring dance at that big competition that seems to matter a lot. I feel like if I keep mentioning that about 35 more times, people might remember that bumping and grinding and twerking doesn't automatically a good dance score make.

I don't know how anyone can even attempt to judge their dance based on a video that fit about 1/3 of the team into the frame. Am I missing something?

I have to agree, though, that the first thing I thought when watching was "They look exhausted." Overall, it seems to me SE's routine is still being figured out and I would be shocked if they bring the same routine to BUTBT. I still don't feel like I've seen a finished product from them, so I'm going to hold off on forming any type of opinion until I see them actually compete.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the biggest CEA fan (besides SSX). The only part of SE's routine that I really just don't get is all the craziness in their stunts. It's like 5 different sequences going on at once and when it's over I feel like I missed 1/2 the stunt section. I like the routine other than that. I also feel like it fits them. I don't think they've ever been the "best dancing" team in LSr. They're know for stunts/pyramids...I just feel like their stunts have too much going on. Just my opinion. Good luck to everyone and back to the videos!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I agree! A few nights ago I watched this video over and over again! The music and choreography are on point and the girls are pretty much nailing it!!

I would expect these girls to be nailing it, it would be pretty silly if they didn't .....aren't alot of these girls Junior Mafia kids from last year.... please correct me if I'm wrong!

I feel like SE's pyramid music is really slow. Wasn't that an issue at World's? Maybe Taylor Swift isn't the best musical choice for such an exciting pyramid. Also, I know that pause midway through the pyramid is supposed to be for dramatic effect but it just throws me off a little bit. SSX has such divalicious music and then I feel like I'm horseback riding through a Nicholas Sparks novel when I hear SE's music. =/ lol.

Does anyone have some videos to post from this past weekend? All this talk over SE. I was always told its not how you start its how you finish, so people should really stop being so hard on this team. They always put on a "show" when it counts. <3

Craziness.

I'm a die hard Senior Elite Fan. Does World Cup look more polished than CEA? Yes. Does WC look better than CEA right now? Yes. However, I am also a huge supporter of Courtney and how her brain works. I have no doubt that she will take all judges notes and industry friends notes and get the routine polished for when it matters - WORLDS. Until then - I will enjoy ALL of the Large Senior teams routines and scream the loudest for Senior Elite at Worlds. Every year I feel like SE looks sloppy/rushed but it pulls together as the routine evolves. From the sounds of CEA SE parents on the board - it sounds like they have that same faith that Courtney and her staff will get the team ready for when it matters. Ive never liked a Senior Elite dance except for 2008 - but that still doesn't take away that they are my favorite team to watch. There is more to a routine than a dance.

Ok, I really try to stay out of any argument CEA related as I have been known in the past to be a harsh critic of CSP. However, even I am getting tired of reading all this nonsense about SE! Goodness gracious, they haven't even officially competed yet! I believe it was CSP that starting "leaking" her teams videos early that started the entire industry doing the same. A few years ago, everyone tried to keep their routines hush hush til NCA. She put her teams out there to be criticized and bashed and we are all reaping the rewards of that...i.e. getting to see everyone's routines in Sept, Oct, Nov now. I get that this is a message board for conversations relating to all things cheer. But to sit here and over and over and over criticize the lack of a video being put out, or the way she choreographs her routines (which are pretty much identical every single year for the simple fact that IT WORKS FOR THEM). It's one thing to state your opinion and that's that. But to rehash it over and over and over is just getting silly.

If you don't like them this year...just...keep...scrolling. RANT OVER.

Cheer Sport California Sharks run 2 at Nationals on Friday. A couple of the formations in the opening are off 'cause one girl is injured and scratched her tumbling in warm ups.

Back