All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Great job to all the teams that competed this weekend!! I'm going to be catching up on video's for a week. LOL

I wrote a whole long post quoting @crazyredhead and @njallday and debated whether or not I'd send it (on long, passionate speeches, I often hold off for a few hours to make sure it's what I REALLY want to say and doesn't get TOO snarky ;)). Look, my thing is this- like the teams you like. Dislike the teams you dislike. That's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions. Just be HONEST and own up to the fact when you're criticizing a team for something just because you don't like their style. If you don't like when SE has two different stunt sequences (or when any team does anything), that's fine. Just don't turn around a couple months later and moon over YOUR favorite team when they do it. That makes you a fair bit hypocritical. When I can look at a video and already know the posters who are going to say something based on the team..I dunno. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure I've been just as guilty at times, but I've also (particularly this season) tried to be more fair/honest about my critiques of all the teams I watch, favorites or not. I've also refrained from commenting on quite a few teams whose style isn't my favorite, because it feels rather silly to me.

What defines someone as a hater?

i don't think i am even slightly a hater. i do have a very clear bias, but i can objectively take a step back and realize that every single team (especially in large senior) puts in just as much work, time, and dedication into their routine as my favorite. my love and knowledge of stars also gives me the ability to be a much harder critic about them, because i know the ins and outs of the team. (though i would never bash them publicly - but if you were in my head while watching them you'd know :p)

i do not like the varying stunt sequences for any team. no matter what the reason they may be choosing to go that route, whether it be to highlight certain people, it looks pretty, or just because their competitors are doing it - i will always assume that it is to mask or hide something.

for stars, they have had notoriously awful flexibility. their newest crop of incoming flyers have beautiful flexibility, hence the straight legs, but even i can admit in years past they looked like they were struggling to pull doritos. so, when the 2 sequences are occurring, i assume that those girls doing the back sequence have janky bow and arrows so they do a different sequence that lets them only do an arabesque.

I haven't analyzed SE enough to give you my assumption for them yet, but all i know is i find myself concentrating so much on the graduating senior stunt sequence that i literally miss what the other groups are doing (like i actually have to replay the video a separate time) i am sure those 3 girls would be highlighted regardless since it is their last year, so maybe i am wrong about them. (i will also say at the majors it flowed much more nicely than in past performances - since their routine changes so much my opinion changes on a competition to competition basis)

to be fair, i also assume the same about panthers - that the groups not twisting are probably shaky and not solid enough for competition. the groups on the outside also just don't do a lot of elements, also for the same reason. (not completely different stunt sequences, but two versions of the same stunt)

or maybe i just need to be medicated for ADD and then i could focus on what every group is doing at the same time? because i can't, currently.

This might be a really silly question to someone more educated on score sheets than I am but how would someone go about scoring the teams when they are doing 2 pretty much entirely different stunts?
I assume all 3 (SE, Stars, Panthers) would max out but how would an actual score be given?

i realize i could just be overly sensitive about the topic but the motions at 1:07 make me feel uncomfortable and made my stomach turn. its okay to have a gym associate with "guns" as many do i just feel there has to be a line somewhere where it becomes a little inappropriate

is it just me or do snipers dance to woodlands elites generals dance from 2 yrs ago?

Nfinity is absolutely amazing. They are gonna be the dark horse of IOC..I think they could take it all. Probably the most innovative routine i've seen in a while with genuinely cool visual skills. I like the music too. It sounds like upbeat workout music without too many voiceovers. I'm digging it.
I competed at hamfest indy and all this weekend so I havent gotten a chance to send out the voiceovers for their music lol

Latest posts

Back