All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

why do i feel like all of their changes are based off shooting star routine... from taking out the toe fulls and just doing standing full, to the jump sequence, to the tumbling into the load ins.... all seems a little too similar.
Toe fulls were only put in for majors/Jamfest scoresheets on several teams and it was clear they'd come right back out after we finished that competition. My cp's team had them too. As for the turning jumps I see everyone doing that now that were all looking forward to nca and varsity scoresheets. There's even a whole thread about turning jumps here. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of those from pretty much everyone if they're going to max out the scoresheet. I know all of my cp's teams got them added last week. I do think that will separate a lot of teams in technique scores (good and bad) one of my cp's teams does them really well...one of the others...eh, not so much.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Eh I guess, to each her own. There's plenty of tumbling to be seen in the hundreds of level 5/IO5 teams that I don't think it's a big deal if level 6 eschews it in favor of building.

I agree that level 6 scoresheets should favour building more than any other division, however it is extremely refreshing to see level 6 teams with competitive tumbling. It makes the routine a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Senior Elite's changes just made large senior a little more interesting to me. I felt like Senior Elite was bringing up the rear and had been that 4th place team in my mind all year and now I'm not sure if they still are. The changes show off the skill level a lot more. Still not in love with the second part of that stunt, or the 2nd stunt (after the ball ups), but overall they're looking a lot better than at The Majors IMO.

why do i feel like all of their changes are based off shooting star routine... from taking out the toe fulls and just doing standing full, to the jump sequence, to the tumbling into the load ins.... all seems a little too similar.
It's not the first time they've tumbled into a stunt... And it seems like everyone is doing jumps like that after LB did turning jumps last year.

I like a lot of the changes sr elite made but I still feel like their routine is kind of choppy. They just go from one part to the other with very little choreography in between. I hope that they will be adding some transitions to that routine.

I still feel like world cup has it all over them this year. they have the difficulty in the stunts for the first time this year and they also have great choreography to go with it.

If 2012 taught me anything it's don't count out Senior Elite till the globes have been awarded. I agree with many who are saying they just can't get into this routine, but I have no doubt it will all come together and that CSP has plans.

That said I do like the changes, especially the high to high tick tocks in the opening.

I like a lot of the changes sr elite made but I still feel like their routine is kind of choppy. They just go from one part to the other with very little choreography in between. I hope that they will be adding some transitions to that routine.

I still feel like world cup has it all over them this year. they have the difficulty in the stunts for the first time this year and they also have great choreography to go with it.

I agree with you that Stars has a more cohesive routine, but looking back at their video from the Majors, they had a lot of really awkward, silly mistakes. Last pass did a half to the floor. At the end of the pyramid one of the flyers gets caught in someone's legs while doing a forward roll out of the stunt. It's not as clean as I remember thinking originally. I think if SE continues to progress their routine SS will have real competition come worlds.

First: I love how SE's jumps have improved from the beginning of the season until now. But can someone please tell them to not drop their chest so much?

And does anyone know if they will ever fix that pyramid thing where the little flyer comes out from under the stunt and is then thrown backwards over the girl in the prep in the middle? That thing always goes sideways, and it looks like whoever should get her all the way up there doesn't have enough power left to do that. I feel that it takes a lot away from that pyramid-moment and I sooo wish that she would finally go straight over that middle-layer.

Contrary to a lot of others here I really like SE's routine, but those two things bug me every time I see them.

And does anyone know if they will ever fix that pyramid thing where the little flyer comes out from under the stunt and is then thrown backwards over the girl in the prep in the middle? That thing always goes sideways, and it looks like whoever should get her all the way up there doesn't have enough power left to do that. I feel that it takes a lot away from that pyramid-moment and I sooo wish that she would finally go straight over that middle-layer.

I think she goes sideways to not face plant with the girl in the prep but that's just what I'm guessing based of the videos.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

I agree with you that Stars has a more cohesive routine, but looking back at their video from the Majors, they had a lot of really awkward, silly mistakes. Last pass did a half to the floor. At the end of the pyramid one of the flyers gets caught in someone's legs while doing a forward roll out of the stunt. It's not as clean as I remember thinking originally. I think if SE continues to progress their routine SS will have real competition come worlds.

They did have a lot of stupid mistakes at the majors. Senior elite had a bunch of tumbling mistakes too. Stars hit much better in providence last weekend.

Senior elites routine is getting better but I still don't think it compares to stars right now.

My prediction right now is if stars hit they will win worlds.

Back