All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay, I hope I don't come across as rude, but what all did Senior Elite change? Cause I just watched their Day 1 and 2 videos from Worlds and the only big difference I noted was that they changed the standing tumbling in the begging to running. And took out two tick tocks from their second stunt sequence. Other than that I really don't see much difference in the routines and I've ALWAYS been confused when people say SE competed a brand new routine day two because I just don't see that as changing a majority of their routine. That's probably just me though, haha.

Definitely see what you mean.
It was more of a change for the girls than it was for us.
They were practicing their final worlds routine for goodness knows how long and then overnight they changed it.

They changed and adapted to the scoresheet completely even by changing small minor details.

The Fierce Board App! ||

and let the girls, their parents and their own doctors judge what is and isn't healthy for their bodies. Let us instead focus on the flyers amazing ability!

She didn't say anything about them being unhealthy? Just that it's more impressive to use flyers that are roughly the same size as the bases. You read a LOT into her post! (but I do agree with your sentiment, just not that @Dixie 's post was saying what you read)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Watered down or not, I respect the heck out of them for putting up normal size teens. I'd rather watch them than the micro-minis Panthers are holding. Can that PLEASE be worth more points?
Just because they are small doesn't mean they are any easier to stunt. IMO stunting tiny girls is harder especially if they are loose and their feet are so small, which makes it harder to base with. Even girls that look "normal size" could still be super small (weight wise), but give off the illusion that they are "bigger" (because of there body structure). I'd much rather base a tight "normal size" flyer, than a small, loose flyer, with tiny feet.

I think I was being very pro-body image. I've sat in the gym and heard kids and parents comment on this issue. I'm not talking about anorexic kids. I'm talking young, lower end growth chart percentile kids. Unless you've sat in there and watched with you're own eyes and heard with your ears, kids who were on Panthers for 3 years say they were moved off because now they are 'too big', you'll just need to take my word for it. It's not based on flexibility in my case. Most of the bases on my daughters team used to be flyers and still have needles and perfect over stretches (and almost zero body fat so that's not an issue). They are just flat out too 'big' to fly on these teams anymore. But, I respect you speaking out for any kids!

Sorry but thats a pretty deficient argument! Im sure the NBA would tell a 6 10 forward to move aside because we have a 5 10 guy that can dunk and it looks more impressive! No i think they would stick with the tall guy. When was the last time you saw a 250lb jockey? Two football receivers, both with exact same skills, one 5' 10 one 6' 5 guess which one gets the start? Tall guy! Same two receivers but both are equal in skills and size, but one's 22 and one's 28 guess who will stay with the team longer? Welcome to sports where the size and age of the athletes make a difference! If your not taking advantage of this, youre not a very good coach.

To be fair we know of at least 2 flyers that were on Panthers last year that have been moved to other teams to make room for smaller flyers on Panthers. I just can't respect that.

I can think of 3.
It's not even like they have done what Lauren from Smoed has done and stayed on her team but learnt to base, they were all moved from the team they have been on for 3+ years to make way for small flyers.

That's cheerleading I guess. It's not fair, but it happens.

I can think of 3.
It's not even like they have done what Lauren from Smoed has done and stayed on her team but learnt to base, they were all moved from the team they have been on for 3+ years to make way for small flyers.

There's at least 1 past flyer on Panthers that is now a base.

I think I was being very pro-body image. I've sat in the gym and heard kids and parents comment on this issue. I'm not talking about anorexic kids. I'm talking young, lower end growth chart percentile kids. Unless you've sat in there and watched with you're own eyes and heard with your ears, kids who were on Panthers for 3 years say they were moved off because now they are 'too big', you'll just need to take my word for it. It's not based on flexibility in my case. Most of the bases on my daughters team used to be flyers and still have needles and perfect over stretches (and almost zero body fat so that's not an issue). They are just flat out too 'big' to fly on these teams anymore. But, I respect you speaking out for any kids!

I mean it's not like these gyms are out recruiting small flyers to come to their gym. it just happens and if that means taller flyers have their spots taken than so be it. "every athlete has a part in the routine no matter what."

There's at least 1 past flyer on Panthers that is now a base.

One of the flyers that was bumped this year has outright said that she asked to stay on Panthers as a base once they told her she couldn't fly anymore, and they wouldn't let her because she didn't have strong enough basing skills.

I can think of 3.

but there were spots on other teams for those girls to fly. and CA as a whole pretty much spread their talent out through all the teams. it's more than just flyers that were moved.

One of the flyers that was bumped this year has outright said that she asked to stay on Panthers as a base once they told her she couldn't fly anymore, and they wouldn't let her because she didn't have strong enough basing skills.

I wasn't aware of that situation. I just recognized one of the past flyers is now basing a "micro mini."

Back