All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i dont think it really matters, yes i think its kinda upsetting that girls who have been on panthers for a few seasons are knocked off cause a bunch of very young girls are brought in, but it is what it is. CA is one of the premier gyms in texas, and they probably get a TON of kids coming in every year wanting to be on one of the worlds teams.
on the other hand i dont like the whole fetus flyer thing it just rubs me the wrong way. its like "hey you've been great and have won worlds with us, but we like the 12 year old better this year"... ehh idk i cant imagine it feeling to good to know your being replaced by someone who is 12 or 13.

I completely agree. Where I disagree is if the smaller flyer lacks some necessary level 5 skills. How would this discussion change if a small flyer with level 3/4 skills replaced an experienced level 5 flyer with a double? Either way, it's an interesting discussion.

Probably because stunting is a far larger portion of the score sheet than tumbling.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

heck even cheetahs has a 13 and 14 year old on their team this year. i think its just comes down to the popularity of kids wanting to be in that gym.

If the kids have the skills, they have the skills. As long as they are of legal age I'm not complaining. It kind of sucks, but I'm not going to fault a gym for putting out the best product they can. So there's a "small" flyer that replaces a "bigger" flyer. It happens, I can guarantee that an experienced gym (a Rays, TG, CA, Cali, etc) will not just throw someone in there because they are "small". They have a reason for their decision. If someone is better for a spot on a team, then they're better. You have to be able to be the best at your spot on a squad to hold that spot.

It's like cheerleaders think that this sport is exempt from things that commonly happen in other competitive sports... I will never understand why people feel that cheerleading coaches should keep people on teams because of their history on the team, their past contributions, or their personality. In any other sport, it's whoever is best at that very moment, whoever is going to do for the team/country/club/whatever what the coaches need, and often times that isn't who most people think should be kept around, yet in cheerleading that's some sort of capital offence, bad coaching, etc. Mind blowing to me tbh.

I'll say this about the fetus flyer argument... Why is it that no one has an issue with it in the large coed division, and yet some people seem to have an issue with it in large senior? Look at the flyers on TGLC a couple years ago compared to now. Could it be that it just so happens it's all tiny girls trying out for TG these days? Of course. But the demand is higher for bigger and better stunting, and the boys seem to be a little less stunting-oriented these days, and tiny little girls seem to fit best for that situation. It's just interesting to me that it's getting criticized for being done in this division but not in others. I rest my case, it's a stupid argument.

So the team falls at Worlds. The girl who falls is the biggest flyer. How do we feel then? Everyone would be wondering where the fetus was to save the day… Size can matter. Personal feelings do not. Even if it's your first year on the team, and they take you out of the air for a smaller flyer, that's just how it is. As a parent, I would be paying that organization to make the best decisions for the team. So you don't think tiny flyers look good in the air? Tell that to the team that beat you with 5 little girls doing double up stretches, while you have flyers who aren't as easy to base. Yet your bases are the same size, and therefore you probably can't do harder stunts. I agree it is definitely respectable and awesome to see tall, beautiful flyers. And I can understand parents who are upset by their child getting moved from the team they are used to, ect, ect. But at the end of the day, it's a SPORT like we all swear… so the only thing that should matter is what's going to hit on the mat. If it's easier with a smaller girl that's new to the team, fine. If it's easier with a bigger girl who is a veteran, fine. The judges don't care either way.

Last edited:
And for the people who keep telling others to 'wait until Worlds' to see a team's full potential (which I have seen for several videos and teams).. that shouldn't be all that matters. I wanna love a team and see them do awesome all year!! Not just get it together because they wanna win Worlds. :confused:

I'll say this about the fetus flyer argument... Why is it that no one has an issue with it in the large coed division, and yet some people seem to have an issue with it in large senior? Look at the flyers on TGLC a couple years ago compared to now. Could it be that it just so happens it's all tiny girls trying out for TG these days? Of course. But the demand is higher for bigger and better stunting, and the boys seem to be a little less stunting-oriented these days, and tiny little girls seem to fit best for that situation. It's just interesting to me that it's getting criticized for being done in this division but not in others. I rest my case, it's a stupid argument.

People definitely say this about LC teams too. I I see it all the time! But it's an argument that will never end. No one is changing anyone's mind.

All the flyers on panthers are young, but panthers overall is a young team this year! Not just the flyers. Yeah yeah several people don't like that certain people aren't on that team, but CA did what's best for the worlds teams as a whole! They did what's going to benefit each worlds team, instead of just stacking a select few teams.

God has a plan, it will all work out.

Back