All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

okay then answer my question. should they switch their lyrics in their music?

I'll answer this, since no one seems to be able to drop it.
And maybe I'm being a bit explicit, however.
Talk of performing sexual acts in the back of a limo, talk of a man... releasing... himself onto your outfit, talk of a man not "bringing the towel" to clean up the mess... It doesn't belong in a cheerleading mix. I love the song, but Beyoncé is a 32 year old woman, married to her husband of almost 6 years. That content is fine for her, that content is not fine for children.

It's ok to be bitter but respect is a must.
NCA is in less then 2 weeks. Everyone just needs to bust their but for the next two weeks in their gym and let their routines do the talking! Karma is a ........ That's all I'm saying.

Congrats to all the winners at cheersport & all over the country!

I'll answer this, since no one seems to be able to drop it.
And maybe I'm being a bit explicit, however.
Talk of performing sexual acts in the back of a limo, talk of a man... releasing... himself onto your outfit, talk of a man not "bringing the towel" to clean up the mess... It doesn't belong in a cheerleading mix. I love the song, but Beyoncé is a 32 year old woman, married to her husband of almost 6 years. That content is fine for her, that content is not fine for children.
Random thought, not sure why I was questioning your Beyonce knowledge but I legitimately thought there was no way they got married 6 years ago so I looked it up. Wow I feel old, it didn't seem that long ago.

Anyway, I agree with you. That song has no business in a cheer mix.

Well going off the scoresheet did they have 75% do a combo to full or double to score in the high range? 75% of 18 would be 13 and I counted 10 combo/doubles throughout the routine. I may be wrong or off a little but if they didn't have 13 then they should have been in the high range?

I too was a little confused on placement while watching vids last night.

okay then answer my question. should they switch their lyrics in their music?
Yes. See how much easier that was?
While I'm not naive and I'm a bit more relaxed when it comes to "explicit" content and/or lyrics, those lyrics are not family friendly. I still can't hear them, but I trust cheyeaah and everyone else who knows the song and its lyrical content.

Well going off the scoresheet did they have 75% do a combo to full or double to score in the high range? 75% of 18 would be 13 and I counted 10 combo/doubles throughout the routine. I may be wrong or off a little but if they didn't have 13 then they should have been in the high range?

I too was a little confused on placement while watching vids last night.

You know, there are more categories on a scoresheet than just the tumbling-difficulty ;).

That's what I saw too. And that apparently someone tweeted that they were sooo happy not to have to represent Cheersport at Worlds. Where are the coaches during this?! Especially the trophy/medals in the trash part, because onlookers might see the athletes doing this and make judgements about your program. Eek.
CSP tweeted something along the lines of "keep it classy on twitter CEA, you all hit great routines this weekend" but that didn't seem to stop it. I hope they get a talking to at practice about it and someone apologizes because a lotttt of people have been talking about it and the LL/BSW girls are probably offended or at least annoyed by it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The thing that has really bugged me about the whole situation is that LL girls and Brandon girls and random people have replied and responded to the SSX tweets.
If they had just ignored them SSX would look stupid and bitter but they all replied and started being disrespectful back.

As soon as I started seeing the SSX tweets I was hoping SO much that none of the LL girls would even care and have more class than to respond to it :(

Yes. See how much easier that was?
While I'm not naive and I'm a bit more relaxed when it comes to "explicit" content and/or lyrics, those lyrics are not family friendly. I still can't hear them, but I trust cheyeaah and everyone else who knows the song and its lyrical content.

I'm relaxed with content too, for adults. I happen to LOVE the song, and listen to it pretty much daily. I do not, however, play it for children. And yes, the lyrics he quoted earlier are the exact words of the song. So you're right - definitely not family friendly!

Moving on... Trophies in the trash? Classy. :rolleyes:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The thing that has really bugged me about the whole situation is that LL girls and Brandon girls and random people have replied and responded to the SSX tweets.
If they had just ignored them SSX would look stupid and bitter but they all replied and started being disrespectful back.

As soon as I started seeing the SSX tweets I was hoping SO much that none of the LL girls would even care and have more class than to respond to it :(
Oh teenage girls. Glad I never was one.

I cant even believe you talked about brandon and LL to have more class after what SSX posted. I can tell you already that they will paint themselves as a victim once again and that cheersport was out to get them or whatever. I bet if this happened at another gym the kids would be removed from the gym.

I cant even believe you talked about brandon and LL to have more class after what SSX posted. I can tell you already that they will paint themselves as a victim once again and that cheersport was out to get them or whatever. I bet if this happened at another gym the kids would be removed from the gym.

Of COURSE what SSX did was much worse. I would never deny that.
However I wasn't making a comparison between LL and SSX in any way.
I was saying I disappointed (better word?) that LL would even bother responding to the stupidity of the SSX tweets.

Also, I don't think you are at liberty to make assumptions on how Cheer Extreme or any gyms discipline their athletes.

Back