All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't necessarily want stars to win (Sorry, Team Teal/Babs4Lyfe), but I want them to hit as well as they did Day 2 last year. They looked so happy and they've had a rough season. I'd like for them to go out confident. If they happen to win, well, then my teams should have stepped it up ;)

I think part of the 'problem' with LB is that you have a gym like CA where teams look great top to bottom, teams usually are in contention to globe/gold even if they don't win every competition. This is a gym where people are flown in/travel for ages to be on their worlds teams. This is not a first year team, even if it's got a hefty share of new people. There is an expectation of cleanliness, even if they aren't super difficult. It's not like they've just added difficulty and so it's a little rough- they've looked rough all season.
I wouldn't say stars had a rough season this season... they've won every compeition but two.

Stars won Cheersport (beat Orange), The Majors (beat Panthers, SE, and F5), The Ultimate Battle (beat SE & SSX), and Champions League (beat all of the all-girl teams). NCA (lost to Panthers and SE) was definitely rough for them, but UCA they hit day 1 and only had 1 stunt fall day 2, which put Orange on top. They've had a more successful season than most large senior teams this year...

I wouldn't say stars had a rough season this season... they've won every compeition but two.
Stars won Cheersport (beat Orange), The Majors (beat Panthers, SE, and F5), The Ultimate Battle (beat SE & SSX), and Champions League (beat all of the all-girl teams). NCA (lost to Panthers and SE) was definitely rough for them, but UCA they hit day 1 and only had 1 stunt fall day 2, which put Orange on top. They've had a more successful season than most large senior teams this year...
I believe she was referring to last season.

:shimmy: they beat fearless at cheersport too and possibly at UCA.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

That's the thing about the top teams in any division (with the possible exception of TGLC) it's anyone's game on any given day. SE only won once last year....it was worlds. It's just a matter of how hard these teams hit (or don't) for that 2:30. Talent and routine strength are pretty much a dead heat between all of them. Which is why I never count anyone out.

That's the thing about the top teams in any division (with the possible exception of TGLC) it's anyone's game on any given day. SE only won once last year....it was worlds. It's just a matter of how hard these teams hit (or don't) for that 2:30. Talent and routine strength are pretty much a dead heat between all of them. Which is why I never count anyone out.

I completely agree with you. In large senior you absolutely cannot count anyone out, especially Senior Elite because of their ability to make changes between day 1 and 2 to better hit the score sheet! I was referring to the comment that WCSS had a rough season this year, which based on my knowledge of the competition outcomes so far this year, is far from true. Adding to what you said (in reference to SE only winning at Worlds last year), how well you did at all of the other competitions doesn't matter at all at Worlds. You can lose all year and put exactly what you need to win on the Worlds mat and come out successful! Come two Mondays from now, no one will care who won at all the other events!

the two girls ending motions....
743.gif
I had to go back and rewatch it just because of your gif. I'm cracking up.

'We' also got into a huge tizzy over NJSE and crossovers between their Worlds/Restricted team.

To me, regardless of reason, there are now a good chunk of people crossing restricted to worlds teams. While it's still level 5, I'm not quite picking up what they're putting down.

At least they're not going to summit, but I'd still be pretty miffed if I were legit restricted and competing against them.
See to me the whole point of having r5 is to prepare and feed kids into 5/worlds teams. It seems natural you pull from your r5 as spots need to be filled. I think it makes sense to leave them on their original team to continue to hone skills and get more performance experience. Also if say they replaced the kids that move of r5 with 4 kids then that would stuff up the 4 then 3 and that just doesn't make sense to have a mass programme wide team movement mid or late season.

^^^^This. That's what makes it exciting in my eyes.

(Honestly, Top Gun is similar to say, Kentucky in that they HAVE to have a mistake -- like a BIG ONE -- in order to open the door for anyone else. Other divisions are a tad more precarious.)

That's also how med coed and small coed is and has been the last two years as well, totally spirit of texas and smoed's divisions to lose (which sot did last year). But if they hit, no team will touch them.

Okay, the thing with Lady Bullets for me (and I'm normally LBOD) is it just looks like they're going through the routine. I get the feeling like "Okay, I'm in the air. I hit my high v on 5, then I fan myself on 8, then when we set for baskets I do a snap." Not to sound cliché because this is the only thing that fits: They're not giving me life. It's boring to watch...

That's also how med coed and small coed is and has been the last two years as well, totally spirit of texas and smoed's divisions to lose (which sot did last year). But if they hit, no team will touch them.

Eh, maybe not so much medium coed. Obsession, Cali Black Ops, and a few others can definitely touch spirit if they hit, imo. I think smoed has a little bit more of an edge, but there are still a ton of talented teams in both divisions. Any little mistake could mess up their chances.

Back