All-Star 2013 Cheer Extreme Showcase......come Be A Vip!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Smooshed to oblivion for space.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Maybe that's why I was confused by that post. You mention things happening in the newbie section- perhaps we cat/cow it out of them there so that by the time they get to regular board I never see it :D So it SEEMS like we're picking and choosing which gyms we get upset about, but in reality we get upset about everyone- it just so happens it was mentioned here and not in newbies. Or in both newbies AND regular.

Anyway- fabulous showcase. Lake Norman Royals music is VERY sassy/diva. I love it.

Just to make life easier, can someone make a list of what we're allowed to talk about?

In the cheer athletics thread someone asked about a specific athlete (peyton maybe?) and we spent the next 3 pages reading about what a horrible person she must be for even asking, as that is just NOT done on the fierceboard. :rolleyes: Then someone asks on here about this Taylor something and everyone is all hugs and kisses and rainbows and she moved and we miss her. Sooooo... can we talk about athletes or not?

If we talk about THIS performance, it's "only October" and "look at how far they came from last year's showcase to worlds!" But if *we* bring up last year's worlds and say something negative then we're "haters" and it's over and so last year and we need to let it go. So if we want to talk about things from last year we can, as long as it's nice? But if it's negative then we should "move on because that was last year" - or we can always start our own thread.

My head hurts from rolling my eyes so hard at the hypocrisy in this thread. :rolleyes:

That being said, after watching the youth elite and junior elite videos, it doesn't look like the teal reign at the top is going to end any time soon. Just...wow.

You read my mind, thank you

Just to make life easier, can someone make a list of what we're allowed to talk about?

In the cheer athletics thread someone asked about a specific athlete (peyton maybe?) and we spent the next 3 pages reading about what a horrible person she must be for even asking, as that is just NOT done on the fierceboard. :rolleyes: Then someone asks on here about this Taylor something and everyone is all hugs and kisses and rainbows and she moved and we miss her. Sooooo... can we talk about athletes or not?

****Point taken.....but it's true I do miss her.

If we talk about THIS performance, it's "only October" and "look at how far they came from last year's showcase to worlds!" But if *we* bring up last year's worlds and say something negative then we're "haters" and it's over and so last year and we need to let it go. So if we want to talk about things from last year we can, as long as it's nice? But if it's negative then we should "move on because that was last year" - or we can always start our own thread.

****I didn't see anyone from CEA saying it's only October. We want to hit and look good regardless of the time point of the season. I asked the what about Panther's question because it's honestly something I've been pondering over the summer and never understood why SS Army pinned that on us when either way SS wasn't going to win anyway. I asked because I was curious and people were already talking about it and I still appreciate Cheeyhhh (Sp) answering. Come on...nobody get's talked about more than we do and sometimes it's hard to read things about the people you know (kids who include your own kid) and not say something. I can admit it's get's exhausting...to all of us....lol

My head hurts from rolling my eyes so hard at the hypocrisy in this thread. :rolleyes:

****Hypocrisy is a pet peeve of mine so forgive me if I crossed that line.

That being said, after watching the youth elite and junior elite videos, it doesn't look like the teal reign at the top is going to end any time soon. Just...wow.

****True story girl. YE always goes first team of the day and it's because they always kill it on the floor and bring a certain energy that set's the tone for the whole day!!! Love those little Butterflies!

She does... is that Mini Maddie?
Yes, it is Mini Maddie & she does have wings. She put them on after her tumble pass. She is Tinkerbelle and she does the one girl cupie w/Chanel during jumps. She took them off after baskets. This is only for our Showcase and X Evolutions.

:cow: 'ed into oblivion too... poor newbs. (I'll refrain from getting on my "stop being mean to kids asking innocent questions" soap box)

But back to the topic... I really enjoyed watching CEA yesterday. I thought the whole thing was done really well. Except for having that Dance Mom lady there. I really don't understand that.
My reflections on Abby Lee: (because I really don't want to comment on any team - even the ones my kids are on - because I'm too gunshy of the fireworks). I don't have the intestinal fortitude to even try to enter into one of these threads and discuss teams. I didn't (really) before we were CEA and I really don't now. I'm not a hater (clearly) and I'm also not a member of the "teal army" outside of paying tuition. All that being said....

1) the kids (not mine, kids and spectators in general) really seemed to enjoy Abby Lee. If it was meant as a gift to her kids (which is what I think, it wasn't about cheer it was about giving her kids a treat) it was certainly successful.
2) I think the photo ops made some good money for the Charlotte and Raleigh gyms as a fund raiser.

And I must admit I was totally snickering to myself when the worlds session started and the commentary (at least in the arena, don't know if she was talking on the live feed or not) but her PA commentary when completely silent. They even said something to her about how she wasn't talking anymore, after the first few teams.

That's hard when your jaw is planted firmly on the floor.

I don't watch Dance Moms but I read enough here to understand she's not been particularly complimentary of cheerleading. I'm sort of feeling like XXX, Coed, SSX and SE (and the sheer riotousness of the arena when they hit different sections) may've adjusted her opinion.

And that, I think, is a good thing for cheerleading regardless of the color you wear.

Plus it was funny as h#!! to watch if you weren't necessarily a fan of ALM in the first place :)

Yes lol to stay on topic... not sure why Abby Lee was there. I'm not a fan of that.

I do really love watching YE. I'm always amazed.

So far I've only watched the videos on my phone, so I can't really say much about SE. It's a whole lot of girls and a whole lot going on at once...on a little 5 inch screen.

Jumping off point.........Abby Lee's visit to CEA was a success. The kids were so happy she was there....AL gave some very nice comments to the kids........gave out a few trophies to kids who stood out to her....took pictures graciously.....I could see her from where I sat and she she was clapping and really engaged in the routines in front of her...beeebooping with the music......she loved the IOC team from Raleigh...made a few comments about not realizing there were so many boys in cheerleading........When the MC was talking about how many viewers were watching on CheerLive she made a well placed joke about 69 million people watching her show.......kind of like "Let's keep this in perspective". LMAO Competitive dance and allstar's isn't that far apart in starting young, working hard to perfect each skill which build's on another skill and making all those things hit with style and performance at the right place and the right time hoping for success. I think she could really appreciate that a lot of those kids started on a young team and worked their way up to those Worlds performances. Despite some knocks of cheer for drama on her show, in person she was nothing but engaging and seemed to be completely entertained.

I will admit to being skeptical that her appearance would over shadow what I feel is the important part of our Showcase and that's the kids. It's about them. All of them. From Tiny's to the International teams and that's the way the day went. So, ALM won me over on this one and CSP was right and I was wrong to be skeptical.

My kid thinks there was 38 people on the floor. I agree with an earlier poster that the uniforms around the mat maybe make it appear that the floor was more crowded then it was.

My reflections on Abby Lee: (because I really don't want to comment on any team - even the ones my kids are on - because I'm too gunshy of the fireworks). I don't have the intestinal fortitude to even try to enter into one of these threads and discuss teams. I didn't (really) before we were CEA and I really don't now. I'm not a hater (clearly) and I'm also not a member of the "teal army" outside of paying tuition. All that being said....

1) the kids (not mine, kids and spectators in general) really seemed to enjoy Abby Lee. If it was meant as a gift to her kids (which is what I think, it wasn't about cheer it was about giving her kids a treat) it was certainly successful.
2) I think the photo ops made some good money for the Charlotte and Raleigh gyms as a fund raiser.

And I must admit I was totally snickering to myself when the worlds session started and the commentary (at least in the arena, don't know if she was talking on the live feed or not) but her PA commentary when completely silent. They even said something to her about how she wasn't talking anymore, after the first few teams.

That's hard when your jaw is planted firmly on the floor.

I don't watch Dance Moms but I read enough here to understand she's not been particularly complimentary of cheerleading. I'm sort of feeling like XXX, Coed, SSX and SE (and the sheer riotousness of the arena when they hit different sections) may've adjusted her opinion.

And that, I think, is a good thing for cheerleading regardless of the color you wear.

Plus it was funny as h#!! to watch if you weren't necessarily a fan of ALM in the first place :)

You mean she had her dance girls there? Is that who you mean by her kids? Or her personal kids?

I still don't understand why they would have her there. She was a complete bafoon in the audio that I heard. Why would anyone care what she has to say about a cheer routine when she doesn't seem to know much about cheer? And then she'd give an award after each performance, is that right? Ugh.
I don't let my daughter watch that show. But that's just me.
As a person who has only been in this AS cheer world for about a year, I enjoyed watching another "big gym" and the way they do things and CSP seems like a really awesome gym owner. But having that lady there, to me, just brought everything down a notch.

My 2 cents. :)

Knowing CEA to be the trendsetters they are, it'll probably be a thing now to have celebrity emcees at your showcase.

We are on a pretty tight budget so Ill probably have to settle for a local alderman or the Gator Festival queen. I wonder if Drew Brees is available? Hmmmm

Knowing CEA to be the trendsetters they are, it'll probably be a thing now to have celebrity emcees at your showcase.

We are on a pretty tight budget so Ill probably have to settle for a local alderman or the Gator Festival queen. I wonder if Drew Brees is available? Hmmmm

If the Gator Festival Queen is busy, I'll bet you could book Mamarazzi.........No charge for the idea!!!!

Makes me think of this saying... Always be yourself. Unless you can be a Gator Festival queen. Always be a Gator Festival queen.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

You mean she had her dance girls there? Is that who you mean by her kids? Or her personal kids?

I still don't understand why they would have her there. She was a complete bafoon in the audio that I heard. Why would anyone care what she has to say about a cheer routine when she doesn't seem to know much about cheer? And then she'd give an award after each performance, is that right? Ugh.
I don't let my daughter watch that show. But that's just me.
As a person who has only been in this AS cheer world for about a year, I enjoyed watching another "big gym" and the way they do things and CSP seems like a really awesome gym owner. But having that lady there, to me, just brought everything down a notch.

My 2 cents. :)
I mean the spectators and the CEA cheerleaders who signed up in droves to get pictures with her. I have no idea if her personal kids were there, I don't know anything about her and I don't watch her show.

As for the commentary, There were some good moments I think she did get (not the language or vocabulary of cheerleading, but then again i often wonder if the World's commentators get that either) it. I don't remember which team it was but one of them had a really hard day and the kids were clearly very upset that nothing hit in their routine and that was the first ounce of respect I gained for her. She was fabulous to them. She told a background of how they basically have a week from choreography to competition for the show and sometimes it's all new, you haven't had time to really practice it and it just doesn't go like you want. I think she really made those kids feel much better about it and for that I appreciated her kindness toward them. She drew some relevant correlations from our world to hers that even made sense to me.

I was totally skeptical just because I really don't like the show and the person she tends to be to those kids (i saw it once) but it wasn't the train wreck I thought it would be and the kids in that arena were over the moon about it. I also think they worked a little harder to perform for her (from tiny's to seniors) just because they knew she was watching, and for what it's worth she's got some credibility in judging the "performance" factor which I think is probably a hard thing to coach.

I heard Abby Lee on the Web cast say choreography, choreography, great choreography after SSX and heard her say that any of those girls on SE could run for president to be that coachable (if you watch her show that is high praise) and I don't remember exact words. But, yes, she was impressed and I enjoyed hearing her comments, but we watch the show at our house.

I get that Abby lee miller might not know much about cheer however that doesn't mean she doesn't get the world at all. She knows what it takes to be a fierce competitor, to hit high level skills in competition, etc. kudos for Courtney on this new relationship. I hope more happens in the future with them potentially working together. I think it's an exciting thing for CEA.

Yes, it is Mini Maddie & she does have wings. She put them on after her tumble pass. She is Tinkerbelle and she does the one girl cupie w/Chanel during jumps. She took them off after baskets. This is only for our Showcase and X Evolutions.
Seriously so cute! I wish she could do that for competitions too. Or maybe I could join the team and be Tinkerbelle...?

Back