All-Star 2014-2015 International Open Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone know how far away Cheer Command is from the city? I remember seeing them at CSG and they had a pretty exciting I5 team to watch.

By car they're not too bad (there's a train too -that's the fastest way but you'd need a ride from the train station). It would take about 45 minutes to an hour in peak rush hour times from the loop (the middle of downtown - not sure where you'd be, but uic, u of c and depaul are all around there. Northwestern is much farther north and would take significantly longer).

Going north or south of the city is easier than going west. Interstates that run east-west = parking lots during rush hour.

Do you mean University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC)? They're in my school's conference so we see them sometimes at basketball tournaments. They're coed, pretty sure they don't compete.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

UIC and U of C are 2 different schools, with very similar names. :D (but fairly close to each other geographically) U of C is like the Harvard of Illinois. Veeerrryyy upper crust school - I know they have cheer but I don't think it would be anything serious. But then again...people don't go to U of C for athletics I guess.

@KimKardashian are you looking at any particular schools? (And I don't know where you live now, but I hope you like being cold!)

These times were clearly not clocked by someone who has ever actually driven from the city to Aurora - unless it was on a Sunday morning. Just food for thought for anyone planning on school in the city and trying to do an open team - Aurora is a haul from here. We consider it Iowa. :D (and we consider UA's home in Wauconda, IL as Wisconsin)

As for university of Chicago, I'm pretty sure they're sideline only as well. Their focus is definitely academics not sports.

Amen. Drive times vary GREATLY by time of day. For reference, I can make it from my house in the SW suburbs to the loop in about 45 minutes during the day/late in the evening, but if I hit rush hour, it takes about 1.5 hours.

Amen. Drive times vary GREATLY by time of day. For reference, I can make it from my house in the SW suburbs to the loop in about 45 minutes during the day/late in the evening, but if I hit rush hour, it takes about 1.5 hours.

Side note: to avoid rush hour drive times, just-a-mom works in the south loop... just sayin'

You could visit me! :D

ECE has an IOC5 team (It could be IAG, not 100% sure) in Tewkesbury.
Boston University is 30 minutes away (according to googlemaps, but as justamom said they aren't always 100% accurate. Its 25 miles). They have an AG squad that cheers sideline, and competes regionally and then ends the season at NCA nats in Daytona.

Northeastern University is also 30 minutes/25 miles. They have a coed squad that side line cheers and a separate team that competes competitively, finishing at NCA Daytona.

Brandeis University, 30 minutes/25 miles. Small all girl squad that is mostly sideline based. Sometimes compete.
You are actually the best! I'm planning on doing ECE even though it's over an hour from my school. I believe they have IOC 5 and IAG but I'm not sure which or if both are attending worlds

Are there any International teams in Missouri?
I don't think so. We used to have one at Spirit of Missouri but the gym closed. I haven't seen any others, I looked at some of the bigger gym's sites and they don't seem to have them.
@Just-a-Mom amen to that... University of Chicago was my sister's dream school, she didn't get in with a 32 ACT and like a 3.9 GPA.... It was the only school she wasn't accepted to.

ICE Allstars will have an IOC5 in the 14/15 season!
Location - Aurora IL

Northern Illinois Uni is 35 minutes away - All Girl and Coed squad, sideline and competes at NCA college nationals in Daytona.
Illinois State is 45 minutes away - All Girl and Coed squad. Mostly sideline, only rarely compete.
U Of Illinois is 45 minutes away - Coed squad, unsure if only sideline/competition.
U Of Chicago is 45 minutes away - couldn't see anything about a squad, anyone know
Northwestern University is 50 minutes away - All Girl, sideline only

ICE is $329 per month, May and April are $165 and $428 for uniform. Sometimes the fees/uniforms costs are different for International teams but no info has been posted for them yet!

IGNORE. my sister posted the same thing as me...awkward

I don't think so. We used to have one at Spirit of Missouri but the gym closed. I haven't seen any others, I looked at some of the bigger gym's sites and they don't seem to have them.
@Just-a-Mom amen to that... University of Chicago was my sister's dream school, she didn't get in with a 32 ACT and like a 3.9 GPA.... It was the only school she wasn't accepted to.

The only people I know who've been accepted there had over a 4.0 (and a straight 4.0 through 4 year's of college if they applied for grad school) I think it's one of the more overlooked schools as far as the "creme de la creme" of colleges - like no one outside of Illinois has even heard of it? (Except you and your sister. :D ) I was supposed to do my clinicals there but I changed my major - I probably should have done the clinicals just for the connections I could have made!

The only people I know who've been accepted there had over a 4.0 (and a straight 4.0 through 4 year's of college if they applied for grad school) I think it's one of the more overlooked schools as far as the "creme de la creme" of colleges - like no one outside of Illinois has even heard of it? (Except you and your sister. :D ) I was supposed to do my clinicals there but I changed my major - I probably should have done the clinicals just for the connections I could have made!

We've heard of it! Fabulous school that former cp will never get into. I also keep telling her how cold Chicago is :p.

South Elite has a IO Coed team that is less than an hour from University of Washington (coed) in Seattle. I think that is the only one in Washington state though..

ICE Allstars will have an IOC5 in the 14/15 season!
Location - Aurora IL

Northern Illinois Uni is 35 minutes away - All Girl and Coed squad, sideline and competes at NCA college nationals in Daytona.
Illinois State is 45 minutes away - All Girl and Coed squad. Mostly sideline, only rarely compete.
U Of Illinois is 45 minutes away - Coed squad, unsure if only sideline/competition.
U Of Chicago is 45 minutes away - couldn't see anything about a squad, anyone know?
Northwestern University is 50 minutes away - All Girl, sideline only

ICE is $329 per month, May and April are $165 and $428 for uniform. Sometimes the fees/uniforms costs are different for International teams but no info has been posted for them yet!
hmm.. so thats why their uniforms are so pretty.

Anyone got any info for Massachusetts? :)

You'll be in Western Mass, so not a lot of options.

Spirit All Stars in Hamden, CT - 90 minutes to 2 hours? IO6 and IOC6. IO6 hasn't gone to worlds.

ECE in Tewksbury, MA - 60-90 minutes. IO5 and IOC5. IOC5 goes to worlds, last year they had an O4 team instead of IO5.

Full House - 2 hours. IO6 and IOC6. (holla!) We have a about 4 people who drive from your area or even further west. 2 of them drive 3 hours each way, yikes. Lots of UMass alums :)

ECE CT used to have an open team, but I don't think they still do.

Last edited:
You'll be in Western Mass, so not a lot of options.

Spirit All Stars in Hamden, CT - 90 minutes to 2 hours? IO6 and IOC6. IO6 hasn't gone to worlds.

ECE in Tewksbury, MA - 60-90 minutes. IO5 and IOC5. IOC5 goes to worlds, last year they had an O4 team instead of IO5.

Full House - 2 hours. IO6 and IOC6. (holla!) We have a about 4 people who drive from your area or even further west. 2 of them drive 3 hours each way, yikes. Lots of UMass alums :)

ECE CT used to have an open team, but I don't think they still do.
Thank you so much this info is awesome :)

Back