All-Star 2014-2015 International Open Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wish Green Bay Elite would make one

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I just feel like they would not be able to get enough boys in since they havent really been to big on coed.. now an open all-girl team i could definantly see from from but they don't really have too many seniors since their gym is really young. I mean lime was just changed from a Junior team to Senior in 2012 so next season would be the year for some of those girls to age out. Maybe it could happen. i would lovee to see it happen!

I just feel like they would not be able to get enough boys in since they havent really been to big on coed.. now an open all-girl team i could definantly see from from but they don't really have too many seniors since their gym is really young. I mean lime was just changed from a Junior team to Senior in 2012 so next season would be the year for some of those girls to age out. Maybe it could happen. i would lovee to see it happen!

I guess I never thought of that, but you're totally right. I know if they did start one then my sisters and I would tryout in a heart beat!

East Celebrity Elite has A Coed I5 And all girl i5 team . Full house has a I6 team and Baystate has a I5 Team and pretty sure spirit central has one as well . Fingers crossed that Pro Athletics will have one but from what im hearing they arnt
It would be awesome if pro would field one, they're a little closer to my school than ECE but not by much haha

East Celebrity Elite has A Coed I5 And all girl i5 team . Full house has a I6 team and Baystate has a I5 Team and pretty sure spirit central has one as well . Fingers crossed that Pro Athletics will have one but from what im hearing they arnt

Spirit Central had an IO5 last year, but not this year AFAIK. I forgot about Baystate's I5. I know Pro has tried in the past to have an I5 team and it didn't work.

@stuntjumptumble - if Pro had one you could make the drive in an hour along rt 2. I cheered on an open team in Leominster (same town as pro) when I was at UMass. Bay State could work for you, it's probably just over an hour drive as well.

Theyve had senior teams forever. They just didnt really start competing level 5 until the past couple years.
I know they had Pink in small senior 5 at least in 2010 and 2011, I can't remember when they started. And I think they may have had a coed team at some point but I'm not sure on that part.

I don't think there is an Open 4 around, but Infinity (Fairfax, VA) has an IOC5 this year! I don't know any info on tuition though, sorry!

Oh, I know about Infinity's IOC5 team (CP went to their parents' night out fundraiser) - but HAHAHAHA to my ancient body being able to perform a worlds-level routine. I mean, my jumps are the stuff and I'm a fearless base and backspot (for my youthies lol) but dear lord my tumbling is ... I might be able to pull a tuck ... maybe ... or I might fall and break my hip. Fairly certain they want athletes and not ancient wannabes, lol. But I could hang with a fun IO4 team!

Is O4 always coed? Or can you be IOAG4?
There's no split listed on the age grid, it just says Open 4- females/males. Obviously you could be all girl, but you would compete against coed teams according to that. I guess looking at that too, there is no limit on the number of guys, I never realized that before. It's closer to the senior age breakdown than the other open age levels.

There's no split listed on the age grid, it just says Open 4- females/males. Obviously you could be all girl, but you would compete against coed teams according to that. I guess looking at that too, there is no limit on the number of guys, I never realized that before. It's closer to the senior age breakdown than the other open age levels.

All Male O4 team anybody??? ;)

I feel like so many gyms are sooooo worlds based now a days that they forget about the NON worlds athletes. Especially the "aged out ones". Open 4 is STILL a stretch for some, as it's still a pretty advanced level, BUT we tried the I5 thing when that was all that was available, and it's just not feasible for some athletes. It was the ONLY choice there was, so we would ALWAYS compete against worlds teams which was humbling to say the least. They created open 4 last year as a trial division, and then when they decided to make it a real one, we were all for it! We haven't actually competed against anyone this year (yet!) but the athletes are fit, doing what they love, not spending a ton of time or money, and still get to hit that mat at a more attainable level for most people over 18, AND don't have the pressure of YOU MUST WIN WORLDS and get a bid! Man, I remember when all stars was levels 1-2-3 (beginner intermediate advanced) and only nationals had spring floors things have changed so much in the last 10 years, and sometimes I think we've lost the focus of the true sport. Lost the focus of the fact that levels 1-3 are the future of our gyms... That worlds teams aren't all that matter. I'm glad they've created ways for people not to age out, and even more glad they opened Int Open 4. Now I just wish more gyms would jump on the bandwagon so we could actually compete and realize there IS a market for cheerleaders over 18 that aren't worlds focused, and that's ok! :) sorry. Off soap box now.

Ashley

Ya there is no breakdown. All girl. Co ed. As many boys as you want. There are so few teams in the division, I don't think it does any good to separate it at this point. :)

Ashley

Ya there is no breakdown. All girl. Co ed. As many boys as you want. There are so few teams in the division, I don't think it does any good to separate it at this point. :)

Ashley
I really hope more gyms start to offer this division. I was on one back in the 2011-2012 season, and it was really nice to be on a team where there's no stress of worlds and i wasn't pushed to get tumbling I don't have. But there was only one or two other teams in the country so there was nobody to compete against. Once I'm out of school, I would love to do it again.

If anyone is going to attend USF or UT or even UCF, Tumble Tech in oldsmar, FL *should* being having an IOC 6 team! Right now just a bunch of current USF cheerleaders, alumni and other over 18 year old cheerleaders just get together on Fridays and stunt but the coaches have been in talk of making it an official team for next year :)

Back