All-Star 2014-2015 International Open Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Platinum Athletics will be fielding an International Coed Level 5 Worlds Team for this upcoming season! Tryouts will be the end of August with practices starting shortly after. We have found sponsors to help offset the costs that many International Teams incur. Can't wait to come strong out the gates our first year! Looks like it will be an amazing turnout. Excited to be the first International Team in our area. So much talent in St. Louis that has never been under one roof before!!!

Last edited:
Amplify elite has an IO6 out of Joplin, MO. I think it's more of a fun thing for college kids and coaches than a team going for a bid to worlds though.
I'm not sure they've even been around the whole season. They weren't at the last comp where we saw Amplify in January.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Anyone know around South Jersey or not so far into Pennsylvania for an I5 team? I know SJS has one, any others around that area?

Anyone know around South Jersey or not so far into Pennsylvania for an I5 team? I know SJS has one, any others around that area?
NJSE has had one the last few years. I don't think it worked this year, but I'm sure you could contact them to see if they are thinking of forming one for this next year.

I feel like so many gyms are sooooo worlds based now a days that they forget about the NON worlds athletes. Especially the "aged out ones". Open 4 is STILL a stretch for some, as it's still a pretty advanced level, BUT we tried the I5 thing when that was all that was available, and it's just not feasible for some athletes. It was the ONLY choice there was, so we would ALWAYS compete against worlds teams which was humbling to say the least. They created open 4 last year as a trial division, and then when they decided to make it a real one, we were all for it! We haven't actually competed against anyone this year (yet!) but the athletes are fit, doing what they love, not spending a ton of time or money, and still get to hit that mat at a more attainable level for most people over 18, AND don't have the pressure of YOU MUST WIN WORLDS and get a bid! Man, I remember when all stars was levels 1-2-3 (beginner intermediate advanced) and only nationals had spring floors things have changed so much in the last 10 years, and sometimes I think we've lost the focus of the true sport. Lost the focus of the fact that levels 1-3 are the future of our gyms... That worlds teams aren't all that matter. I'm glad they've created ways for people not to age out, and even more glad they opened Int Open 4. Now I just wish more gyms would jump on the bandwagon so we could actually compete and realize there IS a market for cheerleaders over 18 that aren't worlds focused, and that's ok! :) sorry. Off soap box now.

Ashley

Sidebar: I think we might be in the same age bracket? As in, I was already cheering in college when Worlds started.

Ex: When I started competing all stars (in middle and HS), in many cases, all stars was a separate division at *gasp* a SCHOOL COMP. We didn't even have our own comps. Then as comps got bigger, you were leveled as novice, intermediate, or advanced.

We even had to do CHEERS at some comps. Yes, cheers.

I tell my all star kids (most are young enough that there has ALWAYS been Worlds to them) some of those things (especially that Worlds is a relatively recent development) and they're seriously like "TELL US MORE GRANDMA!"

Sidebar: I think we might be in the same age bracket? As in, I was already cheering in college when Worlds started.

Ex: When I started competing all stars (in middle and HS), in many cases, all stars was a separate division at *gasp* a SCHOOL COMP. We didn't even have our own comps. Then as comps got bigger, you were leveled as novice, intermediate, or advanced.

We even had to do CHEERS at some comps. Yes, cheers.

I tell my all star kids (most are young enough that there has ALWAYS been Worlds to them) some of those things (especially that Worlds is a relatively recent development) and they're seriously like "TELL US MORE GRANDMA!"

I'm 29 and remember ALL that so we must be of similar age. Lmao. We had SIGNS in an all star routine back in the day. and yes. Beginning. Intermediate. And advanced. And then when it went to levels there wasn't immediately 5 I don't believe. This has evolved SO much in 10-15 years it's crazy!

They see all this worlds hype and glory (yes I follow it and think it's awesome too!) BUT the other levels and athletes are JUST as important. They are the future of the sport. And a nationals jacket doesn't list level. Just says champion :) that's what I tell all my kids!

Ashley

I feel like so many gyms are sooooo worlds based now a days that they forget about the NON worlds athletes. Especially the "aged out ones". Open 4 is STILL a stretch for some, as it's still a pretty advanced level, BUT we tried the I5 thing when that was all that was available, and it's just not feasible for some athletes. It was the ONLY choice there was, so we would ALWAYS compete against worlds teams which was humbling to say the least. They created open 4 last year as a trial division, and then when they decided to make it a real one, we were all for it! We haven't actually competed against anyone this year (yet!) but the athletes are fit, doing what they love, not spending a ton of time or money, and still get to hit that mat at a more attainable level for most people over 18, AND don't have the pressure of YOU MUST WIN WORLDS and get a bid! Man, I remember when all stars was levels 1-2-3 (beginner intermediate advanced) and only nationals had spring floors things have changed so much in the last 10 years, and sometimes I think we've lost the focus of the true sport. Lost the focus of the fact that levels 1-3 are the future of our gyms... That worlds teams aren't all that matter. I'm glad they've created ways for people not to age out, and even more glad they opened Int Open 4. Now I just wish more gyms would jump on the bandwagon so we could actually compete and realize there IS a market for cheerleaders over 18 that aren't worlds focused, and that's ok! :) sorry. Off soap box now.

Ashley
I've done open teams for maybe 7 years? The last 4, my current gym has gone to worlds. I kind of miss sometimes the other teams I was on where we didn't. Not everything was focused on one weekend in April, competing was fun. Now it's stressful, like "oh man we have to get a bid, there's only two comps we cancer one at." And we compete the bare minimum to get a bid to save money. We've only gone to two comps this ear - our all girl 6 team competed just once because they got a bid their first time out.

I've done open teams for maybe 7 years? The last 4, my current gym has gone to worlds. I kind of miss sometimes the other teams I was on where we didn't. Not everything was focused on one weekend in April, competing was fun. Now it's stressful, like "oh man we have to get a bid, there's only two comps we cancer one at." And we compete the bare minimum to get a bid to save money. We've only gone to two comps this ear - our all girl 6 team competed just once because they got a bid their first time out.

I have found that if you are taking your entire full season program to a competition that they will let International Teams "exhibition" for free, especially the smaller local ones. Also setting up performances at various events will help keep them out in front of a crowd. Also, some local small competitions that offer spring floors only charge $35 (or less) to compete. Also, some have a flat rate of $100 per team to exhibition (which is roughly $5 per person) so its something affordable we can offer to compete multiple times instead of just once or twice.

The hottest new program is located in Addison, Illinois is having tryouts for two open teams (cheer and dance) and one level five senior all-girl next season! Our doors have only been open since November but our success has won 20+national titles and still counting including 3 Summit Bids, NCA Champions, plus co-owner Marissa being nominated for Coach of the Year and Small Gym of the Year by the USASF.

Clinics for cheer are on April 22nd & 24th with tryouts on April 26th. Our next clinic is May 13th & 15th with tryouts on May 17th. Tryouts are May 15th for jazz and pom, May 16th for hip-hop, and May 17th for all styles (jazz, pom, and hip-hop).

You can visit our website at Welcome to ILLINOISALLSTARS.COM for more information and tryout forms! or (630)-607-0485. Our location is 191 W. Factory Road Addison, IL 60101. Please contact our gym manager Ariel for more information via email at [email protected].

I have a question that some people may or may not be able to answer! But i'm heavily considering doing ICE's open team but I am trying out for Northern Illinois' cheer team, which was mentioned as being both sideline and NCA nationals competitive. I just don't know if it is possible to do both. I'm not too familiar with how open teams run and i'm sure it varies gym to gym but I was wondering if anyone had an insight on that!

I have a question that some people may or may not be able to answer! But i'm heavily considering doing ICE's open team but I am trying out for Northern Illinois' cheer team, which was mentioned as being both sideline and NCA nationals competitive. I just don't know if it is possible to do both. I'm not too familiar with how open teams run and i'm sure it varies gym to gym but I was wondering if anyone had an insight on that!
I can't speak for ICE but most open teams practice once a week. I'm in the same situation as you.... I'd find out how many days a week your school team practices and go from there

Latest posts

Back