High School 2014-2015 Season!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 20, 2014
I was just curious as to when everybody else had their try outs and then when practices started for them? Try outs for us just ended on Friday.:D We'll start having practices about a week into June to prepare for camp which we have at the end of June! How does it look for everybody else? Have your tryouts happened yet? When do you go to camp? How many practices do you get in before camp?

I was just curious as to when everybody else had their try outs and then when practices started for them? Try outs for us just ended on Friday.:D We'll start having practices about a week into June to prepare for camp which we have at the end of June! How does it look for everybody else? Have your tryouts happened yet? When do you go to camp? How many practices do you get in before camp?
We have 2 more comps and then have 1 team going to Worlds and at least 1 going to Summit. We have try outs the 2 nd week of May and begin it all over again in June.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

(high school section y'all)
Our tryouts were Tuesday and Wednesday last week (I made Varsity!), spring break is this week, and practices start April 1st! Our camp is mid-June, so we'll have quite a few practices beforehand but it won't be focused on camp. We compete in July (MO is weird) so we're getting choreography in May and then mainly working our routine from then on. State (which is what really matters) is in October.

congratulations!! @cheernerd5678

we have a couple more weeks still. normally have them sooner, but spring break was scheduled at a weird time this year! we do clinics all week and then a tryout on friday afternoon. we start practices the very next monday and go 4 days a week.

Tryouts for us start at the end of April, we are one of the first schools in our area to try out our girls for the upcoming season.

Last edited:
Tryouts are next month... Sometimes we do camp in like June or July, choreography in August and we start competing in December. Nationals and states (the two big ones) are in February

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Congrats everyone! At the school where I coached, we've done email results in recent years so I have not been able to see that moment when girls know they made it. They always seem super excited when they walk into the team meeting, though!

The program (and will judge this year) is a "clinics all week and tryout on Saturday" school.

Summer practices are 3x/week before school is out. After school is out, we ramp up to 4x. Camp in July and choreo the week before school starts in August.

Normally, our tryouts are at the end of March/beginning of April, but due to softball schedules and spring break, I'm not holding tryouts until middle of May, one week before school is out. I'm actually excited to have a longer break this year, it's much needed. I'm already feeling rejuvenated and ready for next season!!

I will have a meeting the week after tryouts (it's finals week so, no practices) then we will start practices after Memorial Day.

I think I am going to forgo camp this year, haven't been real thrilled with the private camps the last two years (only learning one floor cheer, two sidelines, and one dance that the girls are sick of by the end of camp is not a lot of material to learn) and I'm instead going to hold 6 full day skill building practices.

Back