All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can we just get rid of the 3 per country rule? It seems so unnecessary now.
It's a win /lose kind of situation. If you got rid of it, I think it would be unfair to the international teams, cause let's face it the majority of finals would probably be all US teams. Plus what's the point of calling it worlds, and not having international teams be apart of it past prelims.

It's a win /lose kind of situation. If you got rid of it, I think it would be unfair to the international teams, cause let's face it the majority of finals would probably be all US teams. Plus what's the point of calling it worlds, and not having international teams be apart of it past prelims.

2011: gold, silver and bronze in IAG6 went to international teams. Bangkok tied for gold in IOC6.
2012: international teams took silver in both IAG5 and IAG6.
2013: silver and bronze in IAG5 went to international teams. gold and bronze in IAG6 went to international teams. silver in IOC6 went to an international team, and bronze went to Puerto Rico...which is a U.S. territory and to be honest I'm not sure how that's scored.
2014: gold and silver in IAG5 and bronze in IAG6 went to international teams. gold in IOC6 went to an international team.

The rule is unnecessary. Teams that score the highest will win, regardless of country of origin. Even *with* the rule, some divisions are still going 1-2-3 American teams. What's the use of sticking a team with zero chance of winning a medal in finals?

Can we just get rid of the 3 per country rule? It seems so unnecessary now.
Especially when there's teams like OO5 and Black out-scoring teams who made finals by over 150 points but still not making it out of semis because of that rule. ICU was created for a reason. There is no reason for the team in dead last in semis to make finals because they're one of two teams from Costa Rica in the division. I understand they want a true "Worlds" competition but that's ridiculous. People constantly forget International teams can enter senior divisions, but almost never do because they're practically guaranteed a shot at finals because of the 3 per country rule. If the International teams aren't up to par with the American teams, why are the American teams being punished for it? Makes absolutely no sense.

2011: gold, silver and bronze in IAG6 went to international teams. Bangkok tied for gold in IOC6.
2012: international teams took silver in both IAG5 and IAG6.
2013: silver and bronze in IAG5 went to international teams. gold and bronze in IAG6 went to international teams. silver in IOC6 went to an international team, and bronze went to Puerto Rico...which is a U.S. territory and to be honest I'm not sure how that's scored.
2014: gold and silver in IAG5 and bronze in IAG6 went to international teams. gold in IOC6 went to an international team.

The rule is unnecessary. Teams that score the highest will win, regardless of country of origin. Even *with* the rule, some divisions are still going 1-2-3 American teams. What's the use of sticking a team with zero chance of winning a medal in finals?

In all honesty, the IOC 5 division is the only one really taking a big hit from the 3 per country rule. International teams would still be doing well in the other 3 divisions without it.

It would be unfortunate for the non-US teams, but I wouldn't call it "unfair". "Fair" would be letting the highest-scoring teams into finals without regard for the GPS coordinates of their practice facility. ICU is country-vs-country. Worlds is supposed to be gym-vs-gym.

In all honesty, the IOC 5 division is the only one really taking a big hit from the 3 per country rule. International teams would still be doing well in the other 3 divisions without it.
I also think it's because it's easier to compile a team at that age level with guys and girls (not that it's an easy division- considering the top 5 of that division could outscore almost anyone at any time)...You have a team of 23 girls and one guy, you're probably going IOC versus cutting him and staying IO.

I don't think we even HAD more than 3 or 4 IO6/IOC6 teams from USA last year anyway. It affects IO5 a bit, but not really as plenty of Int'l teams are on par or outscore us in that division as well.

It would be unfortunate for the non-US teams, but I wouldn't call it "unfair". "Fair" would be letting the highest-scoring teams into finals without regard for the GPS coordinates of their practice facility. ICU is country-vs-country. Worlds is supposed to be gym-vs-gym.

The two things that definitely would be unfair about it: there are US (and now Canada) trials, and none for the rest of the countries (to get the jitters out and make routine-adjustments based on the feedback from judges), and (this will be a lot more difficult to fix) worlds is in Orlando year after year - while US teams pay a lot less in travelling costs, the non-US team have huge bills year after year for flying to Orlando and they have to fight the jetlag that is worse with a multiple hour time difference (that is more than the 4 hours from west to east coast). That means based on the GPS coordinates of their practice facility the teams have different preconditions. If you fix those two things, I wouldn't have any problem to take the best teams to finals in the open divisions - no matter where they are from.

Especially when there's teams like OO5 and Black out-scoring teams who made finals by over 150 points but still not making it out of semis because of that rule. ICU was created for a reason. There is no reason for the team in dead last in semis to make finals because they're one of two teams from Costa Rica in the division. I understand they want a true "Worlds" competition but that's ridiculous. People constantly forget International teams can enter senior divisions, but almost never do because they're practically guaranteed a shot at finals because of the 3 per country rule. If the International teams aren't up to par with the American teams, why are the American teams being punished for it? Makes absolutely no sense.
International teams don't enter the senior divisions because for the majority of countries cheer isn't developed enough for them to field a team at that level with only athletes aged 12-18.

The two things that definitely would be unfair about it: there are US (and now Canada) trials, and none for the rest of the countries (to get the jitters out and make routine-adjustments based on the feedback from judges), and (this will be a lot more difficult to fix) worlds is in Orlando year after year - while US teams pay a lot less in travelling costs, the non-US team have huge bills year after year for flying to Orlando and they have to fight the jetlag that is worse with a multiple hour time difference (that is more than the 4 hours from west to east coast). That means based on the GPS coordinates of their practice facility the teams have different preconditions. If you fix those two things, I wouldn't have any problem to take the best teams to finals in the open divisions - no matter where they are from.
US trials would go away, so that isn't an issue.

Address the unfairness of the "preconditions" a different way if you want, but I firmly believe that once the event starts, your performances and scores should be all that matter.

There shouldn't be built-in advantages for any team. Would you suggest that Top Gun Orlando should have a tougher path into finals than California All Stars? One team drives across town and the other has to fly over 2,000 miles. (For that matter, Jamaica is 2000 miles closer to Orlando than Oregon, but Jamaica gets the theoretically easier path to finals.)

Again, Worlds is not supposed to be about the countries - that is ICU.

I also think it's because it's easier to compile a team at that age level with guys and girls (not that it's an easy division- considering the top 5 of that division could outscore almost anyone at any time)...You have a team of 23 girls and one guy, you're probably going IOC versus cutting him and staying IO.

I don't think we even HAD more than 3 or 4 IO6/IOC6 teams from USA last year anyway. It affects IO5 a bit, but not really as plenty of Int'l teams are on par or outscore us in that division as well.

I have a feeling that the international teams are going to do a lot better. I am hoping the uk will do quite well in the IOC5 and for the first time the 3 per country with apply for us aswell with unity black, Coventry dynamite, genesis, aviators, oblivion and rising stars midnight in IOC5

International teams don't enter the senior divisions because for the majority of countries cheer isn't developed enough for them to field a team at that level with only athletes aged 12-18.

In uk it might be possible in the next year or so to field a level 5 for the senior division as the talent is really getting there but most are at least 16+ quite a few in their 20's who realy have the skill

Back