All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone know why the one stunt group marked everything? Did they have a base missing both days..?

There was an injury, but just curious....if you mark a stunt you get full credit as if it hit? I have to admit Im pretty surprised that they got 1st and a full paid bid.

on another note, Varsity did surprise everyone and award an additional paid bid.

I still remember wathing videos with his first attempts with standing fulls. And look at him now. His standing fulls are perfection.
He is a hard worker. I watched him bust his double for over a year (literally probably 300 times) before he started hitting it. And he's "cheer smart" as Tye Hill calls it. He fulled his pass this weekend because he knew he came out of his Russian (if you know tumbling you recognize he doesn't punch front, he Russians....result of a male gymnast for his life long cheer tumble coach) a bit off. He'd rather hit a full with good technique than push that double if he's not feeling the set for it. Same reason he didn't push that coed stunt to a lib, (it's supposed to) she was toe-ing down a bit for his grip and he didn't think they'd hit it clean so he grabbed her foot and just pushed it to two leg extension rather than risk a deduction. They work well together though, he seems to be able to tell her when to do that or not just by how he has her feet.

The standing full actually came a lot faster than the double did. Coach Dave at CEA Charlotte showed him some drills one day last spring and he just worked and worked and worked them on his own until the result you see here. Thanks for the comments though, I'm going to miss that kid in another year when he trades his cheer uniform in for an Air Force one. Trying to savor the time I've got left.

He is a hard worker. I watched him bust his double for over a year (literally probably 300 times) before he started hitting it. And he's "cheer smart" as Tye Hill calls it. He fulled his pass this weekend because he knew he came out of his Russian (if you know tumbling you recognize he doesn't punch front, he Russians....result of a male gymnast for his life long cheer tumble coach) a bit off. He'd rather hit a full with good technique than push that double if he's not feeling the set for it. Same reason he didn't push that coed stunt to a lib, (it's supposed to) she was toe-ing down a bit for his grip and he didn't think they'd hit it clean so he grabbed her foot and just pushed it to two leg extension rather than risk a deduction. They work well together though, he seems to be able to tell her when to do that or not just by how he has her feet.

The standing full actually came a lot faster than the double did. Coach Dave at CEA Charlotte showed him some drills one day last spring and he just worked and worked and worked them on his own until the result you see here. Thanks for the comments though, I'm going to miss that kid in another year when he trades his cheer uniform in for an Air Force one. Trying to savor the time I've got left.

That's impressive. I'm trying to think if I would be able to follow along if my stunt partner didn't let go of my foot and pressed to extension instead of lib. I'd probably try and pull it out of his hand and make a mess of the stunt.

That's impressive. I'm trying to think if I would be able to follow along if my stunt partner didn't let go of my foot and pressed to extension instead of lib. I'd probably try and pull it out of his hand and make a mess of the stunt.
Well it had happened once or twice earlier in the week during practice (and the first time it might've been a mess, not sure) but they figured it out with each other. But you can see he just doesn't let go of her left foot and pushes them together in a platform. They're good partners.

-@12stepCheermom your son's standing full is gorgeous. he basically floats.

-TGLC's routine is gorgeous and they're not even done with it yet.

-The girl in the back basket on TGLC can basically write a novel in the amount of hang time she's
got up there.

-(can we please clarify the whole 'naming minors' rule because I feel like if you've been on a documentary it's okay to name you...) The "highly-motivated former Twinkle who got upset at NCA in the Twinkles documentary and has since been on Stars for the past few years since aging off Twinkles" has the best facials I've ever seen in a stunt.

-Everyone looks very good for this point of the season and I'm very excited for the second half to begin.
Are you talking about the mixed flyer? Shes gorgeous in the air.

I have to say....SOT's routine is way more fun and difficult than Obsession's...
I was thinking the same thing. After the coaches video of saying they were trying to bring new stuff to the industry, I was expecting more. Maybe they have some stuff they still need to add!

There was an injury, but just curious....if you mark a stunt you get full credit as if it hit? I have to admit Im pretty surprised that they got 1st and a full paid bid.

on another note, Varsity did surprise everyone and award an additional paid bid.

Wouldn't you just get a lowered score for not having the maxed number of stunt groups - or whatever it's called - when they count that you have X number of athletes and aren't putting up that number divided by 4 (dropping any remainders). Of course, I don't know if that's worse than having a fall, but I'd guess it wouldn't be.

Back