All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I noticed that base who was very short! Props to her for being able to stunt with girls who look 5" taller than her, esp at an elite level, but would that stunt be counted as fully extended, or....
But this. I'm really curious as to how a judge would score that. Was there really nobody else at a somewhat more even height that could base with her to put that stunt up so it doesn't look like it's below the other base's shoulders? When I first watched it, I legitimately thought the middle stunt was at prep level just because of how the other base is holding it.

As far as SSX goes I think the stunt as a whole was just shaky not exactly sure if it is a heigh problem or not. Props to them for keeping it up though - when it comes around you can see it is not fully extended its at like forehead level lol

I personally like the elite stunt and how two of them extend and double around at the top ! What I dont like is how at 48 seconds the flyers are just dead walking to go to the tumbling into stunt. So much room in there to add sass and/or add in a little spice instead of just walking .. I cringe everytime !

I love SSX's routine this year and I love them every year I just want more for them lol ! Im needy ;)

they typically all throw it to a full. But at both days that didnt happen so something isn't working??
I have to agree with this! Although it's an awesome mix it's not giving me the "Snap for the Queens" vibe I'm used to...especially after last year's WORLDS mix!!! But any MDT alum or avid follower knows that the world teams generally get one or two "Remixes" by NCA/Worlds so my fingers are crossed for a new Fierce Mix come Feb or March. Lol

Not naming names but I have seen a good few F5 fans (not members of the team or anyone affiliated with the program) expressing their delight at SE falls instead of just celebrating F5 success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't that how it mostly happens though? Twitter, IG, YouTube and Fierceboard? The comments I hate the most are YouTube stuff like "Rockstar Beatles are better, and they're going to beat you at Worlds." On a Brandon video. Or "Don't forget Smoed, the 3 time World Champion." On a Rockstar video. I just see it all too often in our own division where you see "SE 2024 World Champions" on other teams in our divisions video. Makes me cringe. Lol.

(I sadly have seen worse L5 teams). This teams tumbling was so level 4 - they even had people fall on the jumps to tuck, let alone doing at least 40% layouts in running tumbling (and the fulls they did do were janky :(). However, their center flyer in the elite stunt was amazing though (maybe she'll get put on a better team next year - ;)), and they did have a good pyramid. I can't believe CEA would put a team out there like this - stunt falls are one thing (anyone can have a bad day), but tumbling doesnt lie.

Well when you say CEA each gym is VERY different and ran differently. So, what Kville does is WAY different than Sanford or Raleigh, so it make a huge difference in which gym you are talking about when you say CEA. Now to your point I can think of two reasons why that team (and some others "CEA" teams in NC) would be pushed into level 5. One, all of those kids that are in attendance at the bid event are would be available as subs on any team that may have received a bid at that event. this allows them to mix and match up to ten kids on every bid receiving team at the event. Think back a few years ago at BATC.
And reason two, A well respected name in the cheer world just opened a gym not far from Lake Norman. Maybe its to try make sure the kids that are with cea now, stay since they are on a level 5 team?

Well when you say CEA each gym is VERY different and ran differently. So, what Kville does is WAY different than Sanford or Raleigh, so it make a huge difference in which gym you are talking about when you say CEA. Now to your point I can think of two reasons why that team (and some others "CEA" teams in NC) would be pushed into level 5. One, all of those kids that are in attendance at the bid event are would be available as subs on any team that may have received a bid at that event. this allows them to mix and match up to ten kids on every bid receiving team at the event. Think back a few years ago at BATC.
And reason two, A well respected name in the cheer world just opened a gym not far from Lake Norman. Maybe its to try make sure the kids that are with cea now, stay since they are on a level 5 team?
My understanding was it didn't matter what level you were to be a roster change for a worlds bid....just that you competed on the same floor (to be one of the changes that don't really impact you that much). I wasn't under the impression they had to compete at level five to be a worlds roster change later.

Not sure if that made sense...it made sense in my head.

My understanding was it didn't matter what level you were to be a roster change for a worlds bid....just that you competed on the same floor (to be one of the changes that don't really impact you that much). I wasn't under the impression they had to compete at level five to be a worlds roster change later.

That's how it was back in 2008. Gosh, I'm old.

Yes :) I haven't re-read the rules in awhile as my daughter aged out of senior division, so I have not kept up like I used to. You used to be able to also use 3? of those subs from anywhere you wanted - they didn't have to have competed on the same floor or even with your team- that may have changed since my daughter competed last in 2013 though. So I may be wrong - but I know there was a small number that didn't have to be present.

You are allowed up to 10 alternates. 3 of those do not have to have competed at the competition where you received your bid. The other 7 HAVE to have competed on a team from your gym at the competition where you received the bid...any team any level...as long as they are age appropriate of course. ;)

So they are worried about athletes w/ level 4 or barely R5 skills up and leaving cause they aren't on a world's team? And because of this that team is going to go out there w/ mostly layouts, shakey stunts and people falling on jumps to tuck as a way of retaining customers? If the cheer world really works that way, where anyone who participates feels "entitled" to go to world's, even if they barely have the skills to call themselves L5, I'd say the whole point of world's has become watered down/diluted.

You are allowed up to 10 alternates. 3 of those do not have to have competed at the competition where you received your bid. The other 7 HAVE to have competed on a team from your gym at the competition where you received the bid...any team any level...as long as they are age appropriate of course. ;)
Exactly as I understood it.

Which means these teams don't have to compete at level 5 to be a sub if necessary. And to the other point about trying to keep kids with new gyms opening up....I've never gotten that entire mentality. Kids and parents who think it's so much better for Susie to be on a level 5 like the one posted rather than a level 4 that is competitive and can win.

Maybe I'm too competitive but I'd rather have a team full of kids with the skills for that level (which in that case would be level 4) and win some stuff rather than claim I'm a "level 5" and finish dead last. We've been on both types of teams and I much prefer the former. If I'm finishing last every time I'm on the floor that's the first way for me to find the door to another opportunity.

If people want to go to the other option than let them go. I feel like this could be our gym but isn't.

We want a worlds team, there is no decent worlds team in San Antonio. We have amazing restricted 5s both last year and even more so this year. However last year when CA Austin opened up we lost 3 kids from our j4 (the previous season) to their worlds team. These 3 kids would of all made our restricted 5 but wanted to be a part of a team that went to worlds and I get that and that gym had kids flock to it last year that was able to field an acceptable worlds team that didn't look like the one in the video to where we just didn't have enough talent to do so. Now this season only one of them are there, one of them came back and is on our restricted 5, and the other is making the drive to Plano. We have way more level 5 kids this year than last. However if we would of made them a worlds team last year just for the sake of keeping a few around I guarantee we would of lost way more kids this year.

Sometimes it's just better to do what's best for you and not worry about anyone else. The kids who want to be there will stay and the kids who think their kids are better than what they are can leave to compete on teams that would also look like the one in the video.

And I'm biased I'm sure but I think our level 5 is fab!!

As a parent I would much rather know my kid is going to be safe on the floor and deal with the heartbreak then to go to worlds and get hurt maybe even permanently. As parents, we should be helping kids set realistic goals and to stop the entitled behavior-Worlds is not for everyone!!! Also if i am gym shopping, I would look at the gym in terms of safety first and foremost. That's my job as a mother

Acrobatics & Tumbling - Roster - GoDucks.com - The University of Oregon Official Athletics Web Site

This is the roster for Oregon's A&T team. Notice all the 5'1-5'3 bases. Really the only "tall" girls are backs and by tall I'm talking 5'8. I think this team has won the National Title 3 times in a row? (I could be wrong) So just because someone is fun sized doesn't mean they can't hang or should not be allowed to do their job because of their height.
I'm just very over this whole idea that if your under a certain height you MUST fly and if you don't then get yourself to nugget land. Now ex-cp spent years in the back because everyone told her she was to small to base and she didn't want to fly. Last season she MAIN based on a senior 2 team, the stunt looked pretty much like the one in the video and it was always scored as an extension because Phoebe was extended. There is a reason short people are good gymnasts and bases...shorter quad muscles.

I think it depends on the intent and mentality of the team. We were on a level five worlds team last season that was made up of extremely good experienced crossovers and new to level five kids who were learning level five on safe mature kids. Teams goal was to get a bid knowing they wouldn't be using it but to have achieved it. That experience was one of the best of my daughter's life and when the team disbanded she got to join another team going to worlds. While she fell at least once every competition all year she rocked it out at worlds and I credit it to the amazing kids under her all year teaching her as they went along helping her correct mistakes they felt by being under her. Was it an expensive season without winning Yes but to me it was a heck of a lot cheaper than that many hours and hours of privates and she learned more about being a teammate and what kind of leader she wants to be one day when she too is the experienced athlete!

Back