All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Uhhh....That's illegal:

C. Tumbling over, under, or through a stunt, individual, or prop, is not allowed.

That's tumbling straight through a prop, isn't it? Or wait, are they going to call that a rebound? Is rebounding technically tumbling, or are they going to argue it's choreography/jump?

9.Flags, banners, signs, pom pons, megaphones and pieces of cloth are the only props allowed. Props with poles or similar support apparatus may not be used in conjunction with any kind of stunt or tumbling. All props must be safely discarded out of harm’s way (example: throwing a hard sign across the mat from a stunt would be illegal). Any uniform piece purposefully removed from the body and used for visual effect will be considered a prop once it is removed from the body.

Is it a sign? Does the fact that it's a hoop with a solid pole frame make it a sign or support apparatus?
You can rebound over people/stunts so I'm assuming it's the same thing.

ETA: My immediate though was Cheerforce last year with the guy rebounding over the swinging stunts in the middle of his tumbling pass.

Uhhh....That's illegal:

C. Tumbling over, under, or through a stunt, individual, or prop, is not allowed.

That's tumbling straight through a prop, isn't it? Or wait, are they going to call that a rebound? Is rebounding technically tumbling, or are they going to argue it's choreography/jump?

9.Flags, banners, signs, pom pons, megaphones and pieces of cloth are the only props allowed. Props with poles or similar support apparatus may not be used in conjunction with any kind of stunt or tumbling. All props must be safely discarded out of harm’s way (example: throwing a hard sign across the mat from a stunt would be illegal). Any uniform piece purposefully removed from the body and used for visual effect will be considered a prop once it is removed from the body.

Is it a sign? Does the fact that it's a hoop with a solid pole frame make it a sign or support apparatus?

ETA: It's awesome. But it was the first thought that popped into my head. I'm going to assume it's not, because TG gets away with all sorts of things, but still.
I'm obviously not 100% sure, but my guess is that it doesn't have a solid pole frame. that doesn't seem smart..

I'm obviously not 100% sure, but my guess is that it doesn't have a solid pole frame. that doesn't seem smart..
It looks to be some type of flexible frame, but still solid. It might not be metal. It vaguely reminds me of bounce boards for filming/photography. You can buy these ones that are fabric but have some type of frame that folds/twists so it condenses to a small circle than 'opens' to it's full size. I wonder if it's a similar material?

I'm going to assume they thought of all this, but potential loopholes make me curious.

Edited.

On another note: I didn't notice they had somebody catch them in the back. At first I was like 'What if they catch an ankle on the edge?!' Because I'm clumsy and these are the things I think about :)

I'd love to see it from the front.

also i wouldnt consider that tumbling through a hoop... maybe a rebound.. closest thing to a pike jump maybe, but i wouldnt call it tumbling
It's a rebound. But the question is: does a rebound count as tumbling? And if that counts as a hoop, it doesn't matter what they do through it as it's an illegal prop. No props with solid supports. Thems the rules.

Yes, blah blah creative awesome and all that jazz. :p But if nobody cares about the rules, why do we bother to have them?

It's a rebound. But the question is: does a rebound count as tumbling? And if that counts as a hoop, it doesn't matter what they do through it as it's an illegal prop. No props with solid supports. Thems the rules.

Yes, blah blah creative awesome and all that jazz. :p But if nobody cares about the rules, why do we bother to have them?
I'm gonna assume that Top Gun knows the rules and probably knows the way around them.

I'm gonna assume that Top Gun knows the rules and probably knows the way around them.
I mean bluecat asked the same question and it's pretty safe to assume he knows the rules and loopholes too. It's a gray area, but TG probably sent in the video to the rules people to make sure beforehand - I guess we'll find out today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back