All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not routine related but too sweet not to share!

...i don't get it. they paid to have an extra, "fun," pretend wedding? i'm guessing to be able to have gym families there without inviting them to the actual wedding? idk. when my coach got married, a few of the older girls and parents went to the church (since anyone is welcome at church) and that was it. they went home and didn't go to the reception. i don't see why they would feel obligated to invite an entire gym.

i mean if you just have that much excess in your wedding budget that you are dying to spend, that's cool i guess. or did i miss the point of this entirely? (i fast forwarded to the last minute after dr. suess up front finished his first sentence so maybe i missed an important detail?)

...i don't get it. they paid to have an extra, "fun," pretend wedding? i'm guessing to be able to have gym families there without inviting them to the actual wedding? idk. when my coach got married, a few of the older girls and parents went to the church (since anyone is welcome at church) and that was it. they went home and didn't go to the reception. i don't see why they would feel obligated to invite an entire gym.

i mean if you just have that much excess in your wedding budget that you are dying to spend, that's cool i guess. or did i miss the point of this entirely? (i fast forwarded to the last minute after dr. suess up front finished his first sentence so maybe i missed an important detail?)

Think of it as an elaborate rehearsal.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

When our gym owners got married a few years ago I thought they had a good idea. Anyone who wanted to attend the ceremony could do so, but the reception was just for their family and friends.

The next day (Sunday) they had a reception for the gym families. It was a very family-feel program so the kids especially wanted to be there and this was a much more economical way to include an extra 250ish people.

They used my high school (because I could cut a deal on the rental fee) a dad was the DJ and they had a big ice cream bar for food. They all got back into their tuxes and dresses and just had a little dance party with the gym for a few hours. It was very well done, not expensive and gave the athletes a chance to celebrate with them.

I can see your point, but I can also see the other side to this. I imagine being a gym owner and/or program manager can be so tricky when it comes to weddings. Gyms often have a family atmosphere. As a gym owner I would not want every family to be included at my wedding, but if you invite some you have then pissed off all that did not get invited and have alienated some kids. Offering families to just come to the ceremony can be tricky. Sometimes the church won't be big enough to hold everyone, and sometimes ceremonies are held in the same location as the reception. Also, you know there would be at least one parent saying "oh sure we aren't good enough to go to the reception".
I think although elaborate, this was a way to include the gym families in her special day. And hey, if you have the money all the power to them, and at least they are spending it on the families that help support their income!

I can see your point, but I can also see the other side to this. I imagine being a gym owner and/or program manager can be so tricky when it comes to weddings. Gyms often have a family atmosphere. As a gym owner I would not want every family to be included at my wedding, but if you invite some you have then pissed off all that did not get invited and have alienated some kids. Offering families to just come to the ceremony can be tricky. Sometimes the church won't be big enough to hold everyone, and sometimes ceremonies are held in the same location as the reception. Also, you know there would be at least one parent saying "oh sure we aren't good enough to go to the reception".
I think although elaborate, this was a way to include the gym families in her special day. And hey, if you have the money all the power to them, and at least they are spending it on the families that help support their income!

i mean i'm not against it and i get it to a certain extent... when my coach got married (like i said before) anyone was welcome in the church but reception was private. in part done because it's expensive to have that many extra heads. in part because she had a rule that no one (her immediate family included) under 16 was even invited. she didn't want to corral little children all day and it was black tie and not exactly the place for children. (some people are against that, i 100% if ever married will also be doing that. no children.) but her other reason was even if she did invite everyone she felt it wasn't right because their attendance would mean a large monetary gift. to each their own.

i commented on it because it was posted in this thread. i more than likely would have never even stumbled across the video and watched if it wasn't posted. they choose to have zero private moments within the gym with JTV so that's what happens. she could have just had a private, special day with her gym families and they all would have thought it was just as wonderful. i don't know. not everything has to be a production worthy of JTV. i still find paying an old man to follow little girls around with a video camera weird, but that's just me.

and this has nothing to do with the video/wedding rehearsal - but do CEA families have to sign a waiver before JTV films them and posts their videos all over the internet? i would not be okay with my child broadcasted on that youtube account even if they were a non-famous, cheerleading nobody. like do the families know he makes income off of youtube for filming their children?

i commented on it because it was posted in this thread. i more than likely would have never even stumbled across the video and watched if it wasn't posted. they choose to have zero private moments within the gym with JTV so that's what happens. she could have just had a private, special day with her gym families and they all would have thought it was just as wonderful. i don't know. not everything has to be a production worthy of JTV. i still find paying an old man to follow little girls around with a video camera weird, but that's just me.
I couldn't agree more with you on this! Everything is a public production with CEA. To each their own but it is too over the top and self-seeking for me.

I couldn't agree more with you on this! Everything is a public production with CEA. To each their own but it is too over the top and self-seeking for me.
whats the difference between his videos and 2by2's though... im sure plenty of the cea athletes have wanted their own personal video for the season or a team video, and jtv was probably easier and more then likely free then using 2by2. yes, there have been a few videos that have been odd to show, but on a personal level i love seeing the behind the scene kinda thing of practices.

whats the difference between his videos and 2by2's though... im sure plenty of the cea athletes have wanted their own personal video for the season or a team video, and jtv was probably easier and more then likely free then using 2by2. yes, there have been a few videos that have been odd to show, but on a personal level i love seeing the behind the scene kinda thing of practices.
I am less of a fan of 2x2, probably because of past twitter postings that just completely creeped me out (although they seem to be better now). I don't see anything wrong if someone wants a personal video of themselves and posts it to youtube, but I think CEA tends to go over the top by scripting things in the video and showing so many "behind the scenes" videos. I feel like they are posted on a weekly basis now. I agree some of it is neat, but I think recently it has gone beyond "oh wow that's cool" and now I don't even watch them because I feel like it is all staged and I get a "reality tv" type vibe from them where it is all about the publicity and not about the great work they do inside the gym.

I am less of a fan of 2x2, probably because of past twitter postings that just completely creeped me out (although they seem to be better now). I don't see anything wrong if someone wants a personal video of themselves and posts it to youtube, but I think CEA tends to go over the top by scripting things in the video and showing so many "behind the scenes" videos. I feel like they are posted on a weekly basis now. I agree some of it is neat, but I think recently it has gone beyond "oh wow that's cool" and now I don't even watch them because I feel like it is all staged and I get a "reality tv" type vibe from them where it is all about the publicity and not about the great work they do inside the gym.
Maybe it seems that way, but it's his job to make videos. Most videos that people put out are just a montage with music playing (sometimes the same music in multiple videos by the same person. Lol). Why not have fun & do something different if you're getting paid for it?
They have there own personal videographer, why not take advantage? But that doesn't mean they're doing it strictly for publicity.
Most of the time it doesn't even seem like they're paying attention to the cameras, with the exception of the occasional wave & "crazy faces" they make at them.

Back