All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

^That wasn't terrible. Not every gym has a Cheer Athletics-esque pool to pick from. And it's still wicked early in the season.
No, wasn't terrible for the kids. It's the coaches I question. You don't just have 8 random kids that decide to touch down on competition day. Typically they're touching down at practice too if they collapse on the floor like that. Then the poor flyer that got dropped twice. Excessive tumbling busts and falls indicate that the routine is too hard.

I would typically give almost all teams especially lower ones a break since it's their first comp of the season in order to get out nerves, etc. but come second or third of it's still this bad, then clearly it's a coaching and placement issue.

That senior 3 routine has a LOT of potential actually, its the advanced stunts that they are trying to showcase and their just not there.. Its tragic really - I say keep them level 3 but just change some stunts around so they are hitable - starting with the pyramid..

The CAC videos make a good case for a valid reason to have their USASF membership suspended for blatant safety issues.
There are so many gyms that place athletes (or entire teams) on levels they shouldn't be on. Of course the teams don't do well and then the kids feel bad, when it's not there fault. Makes me feel so sad for the athletes especially if it's the only gym where they live.

They should try their hand at level 2, the level 5 team should also try their hand at level 2.

The level 5 team pulled 0 body positions and their libs were beyond shaky... the ones that stayed in the air.

The level 3 team managed to do very low, shaky arabesque.

Even if they weren't busting tumbling passes, their stunting still needs work. They need to go back to basics.

Suzy's Dad also needs to stop posting videos until they get their life.

Based on the results posted for that competition the Youth level 1 team from that gym got Best of level 1. That's promising that the lower level team was not a disaster.

I am a parent of 2 athletes from Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading Main in Matthews, NC and have been for the past 11 years. Prior to last year, all the locations were owned under one company. This year these gyms have separated into 2 different owners with the "original" Charlotte Allstars Cheerleading still located in Matthews, North Carolina. CAC Main has one facility and is under the original ownership of Julie O'Brien and Kevin Brubaker. CAC Main is home of Teal Squad and Midnight who have placed in the top ten at Worlds many times, placing as high as 2nd place. Currently for the 2014-2015 season Teal Squad is a Sr Medium Coed level team of 30, with 22 girls and 8 boys, they are being coached by the CAC Program Director, Robert Burns (formally of Top Gun) and the original Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading founder, Kevin Brubaker. Their level 5 program is thriving and all of the CAC Main teams are growing daily. Actually looking at the Charlotte Cheersport Grand Championship results from last weekend, the entire CAC Main program is doing very well, including numerous 1st place finishes and an overall Level 3 Grand Champs from our Jr 3 team. The videos shown of Purple Heart and Black are teams that come from a different location, that as per the Cheersport schedule is now called Charlotte South, the other location is called Charlotte North, again per the Cheerspot schedule. Neither of these locations are a part of the "original" Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading Main in Matthews.

After speaking with the owners of CAC Main we all agree that the purpose of this thread was to show new strong cheerleading for the 2014-2015 season. The posting of these videos is hurtful to the athletes performing in them and should be removed from this site.

I am a parent of 2 athletes from Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading Main in Matthews, NC and have been for the past 11 years. Prior to last year, all the locations were owned under one company. This year these gyms have separated into 2 different owners with the "original" Charlotte Allstars Cheerleading still located in Matthews, North Carolina. CAC Main has one facility and is under the original ownership of Julie O'Brien and Kevin Brubaker. CAC Main is home of Teal Squad and Midnight who have placed in the top ten at Worlds many times, placing as high as 2nd place. Currently for the 2014-2015 season Teal Squad is a Sr Medium Coed level team of 30, with 22 girls and 8 boys, they are being coached by the CAC Program Director, Robert Burns (formally of Top Gun) and the original Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading founder, Kevin Brubaker. Their level 5 program is thriving and all of the CAC Main teams are growing daily. Actually looking at the Charlotte Cheersport Grand Championship results from last weekend, the entire CAC Main program is doing very well, including numerous 1st place finishes and an overall Level 3 Grand Champs from our Jr 3 team. The videos shown of Purple Heart and Black are teams that come from a different location, that as per the Cheersport schedule is now called Charlotte South, the other location is called Charlotte North, again per the Cheerspot schedule. Neither of these locations are a part of the "original" Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading Main in Matthews.

After speaking with the owners of CAC Main we all agree that the purpose of this thread was to show new strong cheerleading for the 2014-2015 season. The posting of these videos is hurtful to the athletes performing in them and should be removed from this site.

I'm sorry you feel these videos were posted out of spite! However once any team takes the mat especially at a formal competition, then its fair game. If you feel strongly enough about your athletes and your program to put them on the floor for a competition I don't know why you would be upset to receive feedback both good and bad. Videos go up and down on this board daily but the videos posted of those CAC South teams on youtube were posted by a parent. They apparently saw nothing wrong with the performances and sharing them with the world. Which raises another question, was that the best they had performed those routines till now????

If main is trying to separate itself from the north and south locations (if they're not actually affiliated anymore as you're saying...or as I think your saying) then someone needs new uniforms. Either main or the former satellites. CAC is a very recognizable name in cheer and if they don't want to be associated with the other locations they need to get their brand under control. On a competition floor I'm not going to a great deal of trouble to listen to announcers or read the schedule. When I see that uniform I think CAC and that's the end of it.

As to the videos, the season has started, any gym that doesn't want their routine seen shouldn't put it on the floor.

CAC Main actually sold two of their locations to someone else and didn't think about protecting their brand/image represented by the CAC logo?

ETA: why are they all still using the same website? It really looks like they may have different staff at each location but may still be owned by the same person/entity. Not saying it is, but as an outsider looking in it certainly looks that way.

*no respect for those who post inflammatory pictures of a minor and think they did no wrong*

Last edited:
Well I don't know why someone wouldn't make them change their name and uniform -

Also companies don't choose to call you those name.. It's how you register.

Sometimes we register as stars cheer and tumbling, other times stars vipers, and other times just Vipers.
That's how we get called at competitions because we registered like that.

If they are completely not the same they are damaging the CAC name and someone should do something about that.

Eta
Or what 12step and Cheer Dad said.. Im slow at typing I see

Back