All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love this routine up until the awkward running tumbling/ dance section... They need to be separate. I thought they were doing their dance, but then i realized it was still running tumbling and it just looks really messy.

Was just about to post this. It is so incredibly awkward. Is it a dance or is it running rumbling?!?! the "Dancing" takes away from the effect of the tumbling as is just confusing.

I just don't get a couple things in this routine...
The first part of the routine being off center or the dance during/before running tumbling. I don't get it.

I could never figure out where to look. Very awkward.

We will just refer to the dance during tumbling as rumbling from now on.

Actually day two was a much better performance, but you all are not the only one's that didn't like it. The judges didn't like it either. We were trying to do something different that just didn't work. It will be changed before our next Nationals and I expect a much better performance from Generals BOTH DAYS. As for the opening into the baskets....... it is different, but so far the judges have loved that part of the routine so we are going to keep it for now. Hopefully you all will like the routine we put on the floor in two weeks much better.

Actually day two was a much better performance, but you all are not the only one's that didn't like it. The judges didn't like it either. We were trying to do something different that just didn't work. It will be changed before our next Nationals and I expect a much better performance from Generals BOTH DAYS. As for the opening into the baskets....... it is different, but so far the judges have loved that part of the routine so we are going to keep it for now. Hopefully you all will like the routine we put on the floor in two weeks much better.
I applaud you for trying to do something outside of the box though! It didn't turn out as planned but I have no doubt y'all will recreate it into something amazing, especially with your eye on a 3rd consecutive NCA title!

i got a bit confused at first with the dance and tumbling being done at the same time, but the more and more i watched it the more and more i kind of liked danced mixed in with the tumbling section. it just looked a bit congested and thats excusable since you were putting yourself out there (and doing that mixup for the first time?). it looked like something that could work if choreographed correctly. maybe not having dance so much in the center and having the tumbling run through it, but having the dance in the back of the mat and having the tumbling done in front of it? kudos to putting yourself out there. i wouldnt take people not liking it as a reason to shelf the idea. people dont always like new things that deviate from tradition, but that doesnt mean that it wont be accepted in the future, imo.

Not that I don't think the opening scores well by any means, I just don't love asymmetry in cheerleading routines where unnecessary! Just a personal preference, Generals are still one of my favourite teams!

This may be my favorite small senior routine of the year. I love the opening and how the order isn't the typical order that a routine goes.
i got a bit confused at first with the dance and tumbling being done at the same time, but the more and more i watched it the more and more i kind of liked danced mixed in with the tumbling section. it just looked a bit congested and thats excusable since you were putting yourself out there (and doing that mixup for the first time?). it looked like something that could work if choreographed correctly. maybe not having dance so much in the center and having the tumbling run through it, but having the dance in the back of the mat and having the tumbling done in front of it? kudos to putting yourself out there. i wouldnt take people not liking it as a reason to shelf the idea. people dont always like new things that deviate from tradition, but that doesnt mean that it wont be accepted in the future, imo.

Thanks for the input! We definitely would not be changing it if the judges liked it. However, we received very specific comments from some pretty good judges that we will be seeing through April...

In love with everything about General's routine. This is going down as one of my all time favorite routines. I hate that they are changing their dance/ tumble section! It is definitely different and gives a completely different feel to the end of a routine. I honestly laughed out loud at how tickled I was from some of the creative things they pulled off in that section alone. I could see why some judges would want it separated, makes it easier for them. How dare you make them work for their coins!! Sucks that their perception on things really dictates the limitations on some aspects of our sport.

Back