All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know... lately I've notice something when it comes to music, but maybe its just me... I've noticed that music is becoming less about music for some teams and more about the voice overs and sound effects... I think its also taking away from the routines... not all teams but some... for example I adore, ADORE, love, LOVE, TopGun but I can't stand 005's music!!! Its not music... its just snipit after snipit of youtube videos/clips/ vines/ memes... its literally voice over after voice over... yet Top Gun LC coed 2013-2014 I can sing the entire 2:30 by heart, just like WC 2013-2014, Smoed 2013-2014... this year there's only been a few I actually liked like WC Shooting Stars (really enjoy the retro feel)...

I know as a coach it is hard to find music to fit the routine that you have in mind etc... but I think the right music can make a drab routine fabulous and unfortunately a great or wonderful routine can look like crap with the music... TopGun 005 can perform with no music playing and I might enjoy it more... I love the difficulty and love that when people are screaming so much u can't hear the music that great... but when you go to youtube or soundcloud to hear it, its honestly like BLAH... I'm the Linda they're talking about btw... Linda Linda Listen!!!

Anyway thats my opinion... I think that music is being taken for granted and coaches should work a bit harder to find actual songs to use even if its just 2 8 counts and switch to another song, voice over for transitions and such... I think its just gotten to that point where DJ's (no offense to any) are being paid to just do voice overs and add background sounds... and the sound effects... some are just too much... Cheer extreme ssx I did like the routine but I think their music is not all that and there is one section that it is overpowered by sound effects completely you can't even hear the music playing in the back...

Sorry :rolleyes:
Idk what it is, I'm typically right there with you with preferring more music, but OO5's mix is probably in my top 5 favorite mixes of all time. But, they are probably the only team that I would like a mix like that for, it just fits them.

I don't know... lately I've notice something when it comes to music, but maybe its just me... I've noticed that music is becoming less about music for some teams and more about the voice overs and sound effects... I think its also taking away from the routines... not all teams but some... for example I adore, ADORE, love, LOVE, TopGun but I can't stand 005's music!!! Its not music... its just snipit after snipit of youtube videos/clips/ vines/ memes... its literally voice over after voice over... yet Top Gun LC coed 2013-2014 I can sing the entire 2:30 by heart, just like WC 2013-2014, Smoed 2013-2014... this year there's only been a few I actually liked like WC Shooting Stars (really enjoy the retro feel)...

I know as a coach it is hard to find music to fit the routine that you have in mind etc... but I think the right music can make a drab routine fabulous and unfortunately a great or wonderful routine can look like crap with the music... TopGun 005 can perform with no music playing and I might enjoy it more... I love the difficulty and love that when people are screaming so much u can't hear the music that great... but when you go to youtube or soundcloud to hear it, its honestly like BLAH... I'm the Linda they're talking about btw... Linda Linda Listen!!!

Anyway thats my opinion... I think that music is being taken for granted and coaches should work a bit harder to find actual songs to use even if its just 2 8 counts and switch to another song, voice over for transitions and such... I think its just gotten to that point where DJ's (no offense to any) are being paid to just do voice overs and add background sounds... and the sound effects... some are just too much... Cheer extreme ssx I did like the routine but I think their music is not all that and there is one section that it is overpowered by sound effects completely you can't even hear the music playing in the back...

I'm thinking the mixes with less music and more voiceovers due to copyright issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSX I think, has one of the most difficult elite stunts in small senior. Having said that, they need to work on their jumps though. People (myself included) think that their routine is kinda slow maybe because of the mix's tempo (???)

Same here. Theres two types:
A) Cheer Music - music with voice overs and Sound FX, and if coach/choreographer and dj did a good job, it makes the routine more powerful, emotional (talk about Celine and CEA in pyramids, and "we are the black ops", this is how you do voice overs witj music [emoji7]) and audience can sing along
B) Cheer Mix - mainly voice overs with FX and a little music.

I prefer A over B every day, there is only a small amount of teams with cheer mixes that i love to watch over and over again, no matter how fierce the routine is.

But i know there are many people that love mixes with mainly VOs so - to each their own.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I normally prefer more music less voice overs but maybe it's because I have to listen to it a lot but OO5 music is just as catchy this year as in years past.

We drove to Cheersport and since that is when they released the OO5 music and my kid said she had to know all the words before we got there so well that forced me to hear the music too.

Their music works for them and I think it goes with what little routine I saw.

On day 1 we went into priority but my kid still couldn't see so I put her on my shoulders... Then parents in priority said they wouldn't see so I crouched over to make my kid lower but still as tall as most adults and I stared at the ground... I'm an adult and my back was dying, my kid does a shoulder sit in part of her pyramid and I told her maybe we need to get the girl she sits on a gift ... That is not comfortable. So anyways I couldn't watch on day 1.

On day 2 she got to be very front and I was in the audience where everyone stood on chairs. So I stood on a chair too and could barely see anything still so I couldn't really watch but from what I seen it fits them well.

I normally prefer more music less voice overs but maybe it's because I have to listen to it a lot but OO5 music is just as catchy this year as in years past.

We drove to Cheersport and since that is when they released the OO5 music and my kid said she had to know all the words before we got there so well that forced me to hear the music too.

Their music works for them and I think it goes with what little routine I saw.

On day 1 we went into priority but my kid still couldn't see so I put her on my shoulders... Then parents in priority said they wouldn't see so I crouched over to make my kid lower but still as tall as most adults and I stared at the ground... I'm an adult and my back was dying, my kid does a shoulder sit in part of her pyramid and I told her maybe we need to get the girl she sits on a gift ... That is not comfortable. So anyways I couldn't watch on day 1.

On day 2 she got to be very front and I was in the audience where everyone stood on chairs. So I stood on a chair too and could barely see anything still so I couldn't really watch but from what I seen it fits them well.

We were sitting in there - we couldn't see anything during certain teams in large coed. People were standing in chairs in front of us - words were exchanged by people around us (not nice words). A nice lady from Stingrays said she is a grandmother, she cannot be standing in no chairs! It was crazy - then they made the announcement about not standing in chairs, next large coed team came in - more standing in chairs anyway - so we didn't see much. I am not sure how they can alleviate that problem, but if everyone sat down, they could still see.

We were sitting in there - we couldn't see anything during certain teams in large coed. People were standing in chairs in front of us - words were exchanged by people around us (not nice words). A nice lady from Stingrays said she is a grandmother, she cannot be standing in no chairs! It was crazy - then they made the announcement about not standing in chairs, next large coed team came in - more standing in chairs anyway - so we didn't see much. I am not sure how they can alleviate that problem, but if everyone sat down, they could still see.
I think every year that I went to Cheersport I came on the boards the day after and complained about the seating and suggested bleachers for each hall. I have seen many others suggest the same thing. But why do something sensible lol?!

I think every year that I went to Cheersport I came on the boards the day after and complained about the seating and suggested bleachers for each hall. I have seen many others suggest the same thing. But why do something sensible lol?!

It really is a bad setup for certain divisions. I was waiting for someone to fall off the chair they were standing on. The grown women in front of us just turned and looked at us and smiled and stood up in their chairs when a team they wanted to see came on. I thought a fight was gonna break out when one lady asked another lady to get down she couldn't see - that lady turned to her and said nope..so my two friends and I just sat there, we wanted no part of the nonsense, we were just waiting for our division and daughter's team - we had our own issues we were worried about lol.

Well there was teams where almost every single person in the audience stood on a chair. I can't make the 20 rows in front of me sit down so I either stood up and saw bits and pieces or sat down and saw nothing.

Admittedly I only stood up for 4 teams

Senior elite on day 1
WCSS on day 1
OO5 on day 2
TGLC on day 2

I really wanted to see F5 and the stingrays teams and LL but I felt like I was going to get hurt getting down. I couldn't believe they continued to allow it.

It was more if you can't beat them than join them attitude but seriously Idk why they didn't had bleachers with the floor seating... NCA does a great job in their halls of not only holding people from moving in between teams but trying to ensure none of the seats are bad seats. I enjoy it!

Well there was teams where almost every single person in the audience stood on a chair. I can't make the 20 rows in front of me sit down so I either stood up and saw bits and pieces or sat down and saw nothing.

Admittedly I only stood up for 4 teams

Senior elite on day 1
WCSS on day 1
OO5 on day 2
TGLC on day 2

I really wanted to see F5 and the stingrays teams and LL but I felt like I was going to get hurt getting down. I couldn't believe they continued to allow it.

It was more if you can't beat them than join them attitude but seriously Idk why they didn't had bleachers with the floor seating... NCA does a great job in their halls of not only holding people from moving in between teams but trying to ensure none of the seats are bad seats. I enjoy it!
I'm really surprised that they allow people to stand on chairs! I've been to comps where they won't start if people are standing on chairs...

I'm really surprised that they allow people to stand on chairs! I've been to comps where they won't start if people are standing on chairs...

Seriously the first time I stood on seat was senior elite I think

1d8a0e0734cdc73025f3705c366ba49e.jpg

I took this pic standing up and yes every single person in front of me is standing up. If I sat down I would be looking at a$$. Lol

And I'm a big girl, I seriously thought I was going to break a chair ... Lol

The only thing in CJA IOC6 routine that made me cringe were those tucks to stomach which about 80% of the flyers changed to ''jump in a handspring position hoping someone will catch me before my head hits the ground''
That was scary
I don't mind the rest of the routine , they were not trying to do crazy stuff above their current level
And to be fair, a loooot of Level 6 Teams out there are like this, you only get to see the small amount of awesome level 6 Teams because that's what people like to watch and share, but in reality not all of them are Viqueens, Ladykatz, Louisville or Kentucky (just to name a few)
Does this mean they shouldn't be Level 6 though? I don't think so, as long as they stay true to the skills they can do and execute them well , let them do their thing

Back