All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've never been to NCA so in looking forward to our first trip. I think the battle in LAG, Large Coed and Small Senior is going to be amazing. So much talent in one arena!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I hope we get to meet. Although I'll be way at the other end of the convention center. :)

These divisions are large. Would be nice if there were 15 or so in a division they would split A and B. Cheersport did that.

15 is where the number started to split so if there was one more it would of got split.
I don't agree, I hate the splits. Last year we were 3rd when we got split, had we of been in the A division we would of been in first. So we were 3rd out of 10 or 12 or whatever when we could of been 3rd our of 25!

I don't feel it is fair that a team gets to walk around with a jacket that would likely not have one if we were in the other split.

To each their own I guess,
NCA although I don't want to lose is probably the only comp I would be ok with my daughters team losing!

Eta: I sound kind of bitter but really don't want it to be taken that way and heck I'm sure if the tables were turned i would be ok with being that other team. At least they got jackets :) lol plus I was happy for they specific team because I like them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
15 is where the number started to split so if there was one more it would of got split.
I don't agree, I hate the splits. Last year we were 3rd when we got split, had we of been in the A division we would of been in first. So we were 3rd out of 10 or 12 or whatever when we could of been 3rd our of 25!

I don't feel it is fair that a team gets to walk around with a jacket that would likely not have one if we were in the other split.

To each their own I guess,
NCA although I don't want to lose is probably the only comp I would be ok with my daughters team losing!

Eta: I sound kind of bitter but really don't want it to be taken that way and heck I'm sure if the tables were turned i would be ok with being that other team. At least they got jackets :) lol plus I was happy for they specific team because I like them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is the luck of the draw. I would probably feel the same way like darn why was I not in group B we would have won.

I just feel like we are still dealing with kids some really small kids too. They could still have an overall awards where if there was a split they would still rank based on score or percent of perfection. Just give more opportunities.

I thought because it was varsity like Cheersport they would split and I thought 15 was the cut off not 16.

I still am going to try to meet you in Dallas though....

Looking at some of the divisions it's strange. They looked small compared to previous years but then when I really looked the splits were just strange. There might be an A group with 10 teams a B with 11 and a C with only 5. I mean it's NCA. The whole point is having lots of competition. There have been 6 in my daughters division at our last two small comps. I would atleast want them all the same size.

Last edited:
Looking at some of the divisions it's strange. They looked small compared to previous years but then when I really looked the splits were just strange. There might be an A group with 10 teams a B with 11 and a C with only 5. I mean it's NCA. The whole point is having lots of competition. There have been 6 in my daughters division at our last two small comps. I would atleast want them all the same size.

My understanding is that the only way a division would be split like the way you're describing would be if there was an A/B split and a small gym division. A true A/B/C split would have been more even.

My understanding is that the only way a division would be split like the way you're describing would be if there was an A/B split and a small gym division. A true A/B/C split would have been more even.

That would make perfect sense but small gyms are listed as small gyms in their own divisions and none of these were small. I know there is a method to how they do their splits and it's a prestigious comp and win so I would personally rather win or place out of 15 than 5 but to each their own. If my team was in the group of 5 I would rather be lumped with the 10 other and place well than win in a really small group. Like the other mom said probably one of the only comps that I would feel just as good placing high as winning.

That would make perfect sense but small gyms are listed as small gyms in their own divisions and none of these were small. I know there is a method to how they do their splits and it's a prestigious comp and win so I would personally rather win or place out of 15 than 5 but to each their own. If my team was in the group of 5 I would rather be lumped with the 10 other and place well than win in a really small group. Like the other mom said probably one of the only comps that I would feel just as good placing high as winning.

NCA *usually* does their splits based on number of athletes (admittedly i haven't looked this year, but i believe they have not changed their system.) so even though small is up to 20, a lot of teams may only have 19 or 18 or less than 17 on the floor, so they split that way, rather than random computer generated lists like CHEERSPORT, which is why it isn't always even numbers in each split.

NCA *usually* does their splits based on number of athletes (admittedly i haven't looked this year, but i believe they have not changed their system.) so even though small is up to 20, a lot of teams may only have 19 or 18 or less than 17 on the floor, so they split that way, rather than random computer generated lists like CHEERSPORT, which is why it isn't always even numbers in each split.
I think that's the best way to do it. I've not done the math specifically but my understanding is ratios required for ranges change pretty significantly when you have 18-19 kids on the floor versus a full 20 on a team so the team with 18 kids ends up with an advantage over the one with 20.

If that's true than this is the only fair way to split divisions.

We aren't even going I just happened to notice three splits of the same division being so different and thought hmmm wonder why they wouldn't just divide the 5 up into the other two lol

WC Starburst are listed on the schedule as Lg Jr 3...isn't that a mistake?

Back