All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

New Jersey Spirit Explosion X5 - Large Restricted all girl (at large in Large all girl)and Maryland Twisters Lady Ts - Small Restricted all girl (at large as international open 5).

Posted too quickly - info above.

New Jersey Spirit Explosion X5 - Large Restricted all girl (at large in Large all girl)and Maryland Twisters Lady Ts - Small Restricted all girl (at large as international open 5).

Posted too quickly - info above.
And we compete against NJSE in lg restricted 5, how convenient. :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are teams competing already with at large bids to worlds but have dropped to restricted for some recent competitions. I can understand dropping for certain reasons but when you already have an at large bid to worlds that means you have to be performing at a level to be invited to worlds then to drop to restricted there are I think 2 maybe 3 teams at NCA as restricted with at large bids already.
Their motive for doing this is simply to improve their chances at taking home a trophy ? Or, because they're cold and need a jacket ? Following NCA they'll return to competing in their World's category I suppose ? What in the world are these coaches and gym owners thinking behaving in this manner ? What happened to sportsmanlike behavior ? We expect sportsmanlike behavior out of the cheerleaders. Shouldn't we expect the same out of their teachers. We try to teach children about respect, discipline, hard work, honesty, integrity etc. But, what does this teach them ? I'm not blind to the fact that this occurs. However, I'm surprised that it is this pervasive in the industry. How devastating for any teams that have worked hard only to have their trophy stolen out from under them. To let this occur risks teaches the cheerleaders all of the wrong things.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

MD Twister Lady Ts - Small Restricted - Has bid in Intl All Girl
I'm sure someone from Twisters will correct me if I'm wrong, BUT, I believe Lady Ts restricted and Lady Ts IAG are actually 2 different teams, with the same name. I know that Lady Ts restricted has competed all season. I think Lady Ts IAG only has competed once.

If you look at competition results on WC's website they haven't won a competition yet this year in J4. Maybe they figured if they haven't even been successful locally at level 4 they should drop...I personally think it's a weird decision and sucks for all the true LJ3 teams, especially since WC has a perfectly good LJ3 team that, according to their results, does seem to be having a successful season. But I guess I can see where they're coming from too.

Right on the money.

Lady T's are two different teams. Our full year team is senior restricted and our half year is international. There are athletes on both teams however there are 9 additional athletes that solely compete with the international team.

Lady T's are two different teams. Our full year team is senior restricted and our half year is international. There are athletes on both teams however there are 9 additional athletes that solely compete with the international team.
This confuses me a little. I'm just a parent and never coached cheer but this only seems to advance the claim of sandbagging.

This confuses me a little. I'm just a parent and never coached cheer but this only seems to advance the claim of sandbagging.

it shouldn't be that confusing. the team that will be competing as restricted in dallas is comprised of athletes that originally made our restricted team after team placements at the end of july. there was a formal tryout for our international team i believe in december and some girls from the restricted team made the international team along with other outside, older athletes.

A few I saw were

NJ Spirit Explosion X5 - Large Restricted - Has bid in Large Senior
Tiger Elite Fierce 5 - Small Restricted - Has bid in Small Senior

I have no problem with a team competing R5 through most of the season and then moving to a Worlds division at the end of the season, getting a bid and competing at Worlds. I do have a problem with this situation however. I know it will never happen, but I wish bids would get taken away if a team competes a division lower after they received a bid or that EPs would not allow teams to compete in a lower level after they have a Worlds bid.
As far as WC goes, I love WC - they are one of my favorite gyms, but I am sad at their decision to drop a level. Their level 4 team hasn't been winning, but that division is DEEP in their region - it wouldn't surprise me if the teams they competed against all season win at NCA and/or Summit. I get that all of this is legal, so I am hating the game more than the player and wish the rules would change. Off topic, but will Starlites go back to all-girl after NCA or will they continue as coed for the rest of the season?

It is the luck of the draw. I would probably feel the same way like darn why was I not in group B we would have won.

I just feel like we are still dealing with kids some really small kids too. They could still have an overall awards where if there was a split they would still rank based on score or percent of perfection. Just give more opportunities.

I thought because it was varsity like Cheersport they would split and I thought 15 was the cut off not 16.

I still am going to try to meet you in Dallas though....

I understand how the divisions have been split and why. What I don't get is how they determine performance order on day 1. I know teams perform in order lowest score to highest on day 2. I have heard that day 1performance order is random, luck of the draw...... Looking at the entire schedule makes me question that!
Would love to hear some official info regarding that order or anyone else's thoughts

Back