All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

random question. Why isn't cheer extremes junior elite team going? Don't they usually always go to NCA?
I think they used to go before the senior teams were going as often, I don't think they've gone the last couple years. I'm sure CEA has way too many crossovers to have both junior and senior teams at NCA. CEA's youth teams also go, and I know there are some crossovers between youth and junior as well.

You're right. World Cup is much better than that. I think you have a misunderstanding. What the team is doing is not sandbagging. They were not successful at level 4 this season. The coaches recognized this and have now decided to compete in a division better suited for the team. There won't be any teams negatively affected, J3 is a deep division and I'm sure there's crossovers from level 5 teams from other gyms. I wish everyone in this division the best of luck.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I just looked at a video of this team that appears to be from there showcase which was months ago and they don't look to bad as a level 4 team on the video. What I can almost assure you is that there are probably no there teams in the division that was doing level 4 skills tumbling or stunting for months on end. This is a clear advantage. A full up is completely easier than 1 1/2 up. Not to mention the tumbling because they are all doing level 4 tumbling in the video.

I just looked at a video of this team that appears to be from there showcase which was months ago and they don't look to bad as a level 4 team on the video. What I can almost assure you is that there are probably no there teams in the division that was doing level 4 skills tumbling or stunting for months on end. This is a clear advantage. A full up is completely easier than 1 1/2 up. Not to mention the tumbling because they are all doing level 4 tumbling in the video.

Wow. From the talk I expected them to be a train wreck as a level 4 team but they were actually pretty good level 4 team. I am definitely not understanding the argument to drop them to level 3 when they have majority standing tucks, handspring tucks, and at least 9 or 10 combo passes to layout.

Wow. From the talk I expected them to be a train wreck as a level 4 team but they were actually pretty good level 4 team. I am definitely not understanding the argument to drop them to level 3 when they have majority standing tucks, handspring tucks, and at least 9 or 10 combo passes to layout.

I am going to weigh in on this and say I completely agree with this statement! My 2 CPs are both level 4, youngest is on J4 and oldest is on S4 , and between the 2 of them they have 5 years experience on level 4 teams. This team has absolutely no business dropping to level 3. If they should win a jacket, I am sure there will be a lot of trash talk against this team. The cheer world can be very small....and sassy.

I am going to weigh in on this and say I completely agree with this statement! My 2 CPs are both level 4, youngest is on J4 and oldest is on S4 , and between the 2 of them they have 5 years experience on level 4 teams. This team has absolutely no business dropping to level 3. If they should win a jacket, I am sure there will be a lot of trash talk against this team. The cheer world can be very small....and sassy.

Sadly this has happened in the past and until there are rules in place, gyms will continue to do this. Heck there is a senior coed 5 team in my CPs division dropping to restricted. Wrong on so many levels!

You know I was just thinking about this new rule... Shouldn't it differentiate between the squad size and maybe a small squad can only crossover 3 and large squad a maximum of 5... Right now, it is an advantage for a small squad to crossover 5 athletes compare to a large squad. If you do the math, if a small squad is able to crossover 5 athletes that is at least 25% of the squad compare to a large squad of 36 athletes, which is only 14%.

Thant is a great point and makes a lot of sense. Since it makes logical sense you know it will never happen LOL!

You're right. World Cup is much better than that. I think you have a misunderstanding. What the team is doing is not sandbagging. They were not successful at level 4 this season. The coaches recognized this and have now decided to compete in a division better suited for the team. There won't be any teams negatively affected, J3 is a deep division and I'm sure there's crossovers from level 5 teams from other gyms. I wish everyone in this division the best of luck.

Most definitely.

Doesn't mean I agree with it but I do not ever jump to conclusions about why a gym makes the decisions they make. I could throw shade at every gym I see for pretty much anything they do but until I've walked in their shoes I will reserve judgement.

I think people are being a little quick to judge on the WC J4/3 situation. Yes, they look like a competitive level 4 team in their video from showcase. But, the video is from showcase. A majority of things could have happened to the team from showcase, til now. Injuries, mental blocks, people quitting, stunts continuing to be inconsistent, etc. These happenings are exactly something that can result in a level drop. I have most definitely been on teams with tons of difficulty at the beginning of the season and have dropped skills down to average by the end of the season. I can easily see how people could see a sandbagging situation occurring, but I can see the other side as well. Just some food for thought I guess,I haven't seen a video of this team until just now.

I think people are being a little quick to judge on the WC J4/3 situation. Yes, they look like a competitive level 4 team in their video from showcase. But, the video is from showcase. A majority of things could have happened to the team from showcase, til now. Injuries, mental blocks, people quitting, stunts continuing to be inconsistent, etc. These happenings are exactly something that can result in a level drop. I have most definitely been on teams with tons of difficulty at the beginning of the season and have dropped skills down to average by the end of the season. I can easily see how people could see a sandbagging situation occurring, but I can see the other side as well. Just some food for thought I guess,I haven't seen a video of this team until just now.
the real question is what they will be doing after NCA?

Assuming this was a rule currently in place, are there any restrictions regarding the level(s) a World's athlete can cross over to ? I mean, could they cross over to a level 3 team ? Or, could they cross over to multiple teams ? Just curious how that's handled ?

For the summit pretty much no rules are in place for crossovers, numbers or sandbagging. You can qualify with a lg team of 22 and bring a large team of 32 to summit. Unlike worlds where if u qualify with 20 u can only bring 20 and no crossovers. A sm sr 5 team who goes to worlds can go as any sr team(s) to summit. In fact some comps in April if u qualify for Summit this year u can go next year instead. (At least this happened last year) I have always said that instead of worrying about uggs not being worn how about only being able to cross over one level up or down.

Latest posts

Back