All-Star 2015-2016 Age Grid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not trying to argue, but just curious how many of the kids that are on your current Senior Restricted would also be on your Junior Restricted 5 if they had the division this year?

All but 5 athletes on that team are junior aged. :)

So would you have both a Jr Restricted and a Senior Restricted with all crossing over but the 5 athletes or would you eliminate your Senior Restricted?

I just read through the Division II requirements. I see so many loopholes with this, especially since some parts of the country don't even start to compete until after the November 1 date, and there will also be some gyms that can legitimately claim themselves Division II and then have half year tryouts. There is nothing in the rules that states if the gym enrollment increases to more than 125 after November 1 they need to move to Division I.
The last sentence is stated in the rules, that if they go over at any point in the season they can no longer be considered Division 2. Unless I'm reading that wrong, it was on the last page.

So would you have both a Jr Restricted and a Senior Restricted with all crossing over but the 5 athletes or would you eliminate your Senior Restricted?

Definitely not both! We would have one or the other. All depending on if any senior aged athletes were cut from Obsession. We only crossover athletes as a necessity...not to stack two teams to win. So this year we would have been JR5 because actually all of our senior aged kids were brought on the team to help fill it to 20. They are actually level 4 kids.

The last sentence is stated in the rules, that if they go over at any point in the season they can no longer be considered Division 2. Unless I'm reading that wrong, it was on the last page.
Thanks - I missed it! That makes more sense!

OK, so for the first time in about 3 years, I actually care about this and had to read all of this! [emoji15] [emoji2]

Just help me out... It looks like all they did was *add* MORE divisions? (the last thing in the world that we needed, but OK...) and raised the age for Tiny's?

So my "cp" (gasp) will be 13 in May (another gasp - what is my life right now?). So she is still eligible for both junior and senior teams, correct? I was expecting bigger changes.

I was also hoping for the senior age to be raised... The senior 4.2 team im on now is mostly junior aged girls and i often feel like it holds us back in terms of experience and skill. Also, me being both a base and a flyer, most of the bases cant throw a senior sized flyer (me being 5'2" 100lbs) as they are too used to the itty bitty juniors. Our coaches are really soft on us and i feel like they treat the team more like kids than teenagers/young adults. Frustrating for me as an almost 18 year old cheering with 10 year olds.

They also changed the tiny age cutoff to 6 and under.
As for JR5 Restricted...why?! I can't even think of a reason we would need this division?
Restart the "Save Y5 Campaign" because this is going to kill the division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eek! That means I could still have an IBK!!!

The bottom age is why I question the Jr R5. If the senior age had changed to 13 or 14 then Junior Restricted would make perfect sense. But if a 10 year old can be on a restricted team then having a junior restricted is basically a duplicate division with the exception of a few under 10 kids with level 5 skills.
My bet is you are going to see a lot of gyms with a Junior 5R and a Senior 5R and there will be more than 50% crossovers between the 2 teams.

Don't crossovers mean more training, more overuse, more injuries, less time spent on academics?

Not sure if it's serious or not but possibly CEA being the first gym to announce a Junior Restricted All Girl 5 team for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm curious, how do you announce a team if you haven't had tryouts yet? (That's not sarcasm, promise.) Don't you form teams after you try out? How does she know she will have enough athletes for that? (I mean, it's CEA so of course there will be enough athletes, but still.)

I don't know, but I assume most gyms have a pretty good guess about what teams they think they will have.

I'm curious, how do you announce a team if you haven't had tryouts yet? (That's not sarcasm, promise.) Don't you form teams after you try out? How does she know she will have enough athletes for that? (I mean, it's CEA so of course there will be enough athletes, but still.)
I mean I'm sure many of the athletes will be on Y5 and/or J5 too.

Back