All-Star 2015-2016 Age Grid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm curious, how do you announce a team if you haven't had tryouts yet? (That's not sarcasm, promise.) Don't you form teams after you try out? How does she know she will have enough athletes for that? (I mean, it's CEA so of course there will be enough athletes, but still.)

It's no secret that cheer extreme uses crossovers to form any team that they want LOL

ETA: this is not a hate cheer extreme bashing post either. Just stating that it's a well-known fact that crossovers are used very widely

It's no secret that cheer extreme uses crossovers to form any team that they want LOL

ETA: this is not a hate cheer extreme bashing post either. Just stating that it's a well-known fact that crossovers are used very widely
Oh yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. For some reason I had convinced myself that J5 and JR5 crossovers would be against the rules? Lol, my bad
ETA I think it was because I had just finished reading the prep rules.

Last edited:
Based on the polling results that occurred earlier this year - I new the age fir Sr would not go up. The poll favored keeping it the same.

This is where I wonder sometimes when taking polls, if u voted for sr age being raised - one would vote for a jr restricted?

I personally would vote for increase in bottom age for sr and as an offset would vote for jr restricted.

Youth and jr level 5 to need grow - we need to find the right formula for that to happen. My formula would be to realign to school age. Youth up to 5th grade - jr 6th to 8th and sr highschool aged. (Sorry too lazy to figure out age wise ).

Based on the polling results that occurred earlier this year - I new the age fir Sr would not go up. The poll favored keeping it the same.

This is where I wonder sometimes when taking polls, if u voted for sr age being raised - one would vote for a jr restricted?

I personally would vote for increase in bottom age for sr and as an offset would vote for jr restricted.

Youth and jr level 5 to need grow - we need to find the right formula for that to happen. My formula would be to realign to school age. Youth up to 5th grade - jr 6th to 8th and sr highschool aged. (Sorry too lazy to figure out age wise ).
That can work, but you cannot account for children who are homeschooled and/or children who goes to schools that do not follow the traditional grading system, like my son's school did not place children by age, but by levels of growth in school...

Generally, the smaller gyms are opposed to raising the senior age floor. They feel it will be too difficult for them to form senior teams.

That can work, but you cannot account for children who are homeschooled and/or children who goes to schools that do not follow the traditional grading system, like my son's school did not place children by age, but by levels of growth in school...

That is the minority - majority would fit.

I'm quite happy about the new JR5. Should be a good opportunity for smaller gyms that have juniors with the stunting/pyramid/jumps ability to compete J5, but not enough doubles and specialty fulls to be competitive.

I hope that this division does allow smaller gyms their time to shine, and that it doesn't become dominated by big gyms using lots of crossovers to field an extra team. ...Wishful thinking I know...

That is the minority - majority would fit.

If you meant to just line up the ages so they roughly match junior high, high school, etc. - I can somewhat understand that.

If you meant change the measuring stick for division eligibility to academic grade level INSTEAD of just using birthdate - that is crazy talk.

Generally, the smaller gyms are opposed to raising the senior age floor. They feel it will be too difficult for them to form senior teams.

Then as
If you meant to just line up the ages so they roughly match junior high, high school, etc. - I can somewhat understand that.

If you meant change the measuring stick for division eligibility to academic grade level INSTEAD of just using birthdate - that is crazy talk.

No my intent was to match them up to school age - grade, jr and high school. Doesn't majority of sports allign with school age? It deviates a little in highschool to 16 or 18 and under. I believe hockey caps at 21 to play in a travel league. Which to me travel is equivalent to the all star world.

we all talk about progression - how can true Sr aged athlete progress to College cheer when sr aged fliers are grounded for smaller fliers to be competitive with the stunt requirement and bases are stunting 12 year olds that are a fraction in size and weight.

Then as

No my intent was to match them up to school age - grade, jr and high school. Doesn't majority of sports allign with school age? It deviates a little in highschool to 16 or 18 and under. I believe hockey caps at 21 to play in a travel league. Which to me travel is equivalent to the all star world.

we all talk about progression - how can true Sr aged athlete progress to College cheer when sr aged fliers are grounded for smaller fliers to be competitive with the stunt requirement and bases are stunting 12 year olds that are a fraction in size and weight.
So if it were to go by age:
Youth- 10 and under
Junior- 10-14
Senior-14-18?

I think that's right? I would much prefer that. Makes a senior team actually consisted of older athletes and so on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally don't like the idea of having International Small Coed. It may solve the problem of not being able to have 12 good male athletes but it also makes it harder to be able to hide most the the girls that do not have level 5 tumbling. With it being an international team it is hard to find girl that's are of age that can tumble and stunt.

I personally don't like the idea of having International Small Coed. It may solve the problem of not being able to have 12 good male athletes but it also makes it harder to be able to hide most the the girls that do not have level 5 tumbling. With it being an international team it is hard to find girl that's are of age that can tumble and stunt.

Can you clarify? I'm not sure how this makes it harder to hide those girls?

Please explain: Jr restricted 5? Shouldn't that be Jr 4 minus L5 kids who should be on next available level 5 team.?

I remember when there were no restriction, then they said the restrictions were needed in youth for safety. Now, we need them in Juniors? Is this for safety too? Both divisions have died. I don't get it.

Please explain: Jr restricted 5? Shouldn't that be Jr 4 minus L5 kids who should be on next available level 5 team.?

I remember when there were no restriction, then tthey said the restrictions were needed in youth for safety. Now, we need them in Juniors? Both divisions died. I don't get it.
There is still regular Junior 5 that has no restrictions. I think it's more just to provide a division for gyms that don't have enough athletes to field a competitive J5 team.

Back