All-Star 2015-2016 Practice Wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With themed practices, you aren't forced to go all out. No one is making you buy everything or spend hours on a costume. And that's okay!!!
When there is an award for the best dressed member of the theme I feel like it's a contest and because I'm a competitive person I want her win! Lol I understand it's not required but when my kid wants it I feel obligated to go all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried to remind my CP that hey, it's just practice--it's not a big deal if you're not all done up. And then there are those who go all out and it blows my "simple is nice" thing right out of the water, lol. One of our moms was a former fashion stylist turned stay-at-home cheer mom (if that tells you how out of hand things may have gotten!). Then non-former-fashion-stylists parents complained last season so last I remember, now the teams are limited to one themed practice a month. Competition is real.

I hate theme practices. But for all the reasons yall are stating. Cost a lot, takes a lot of time and effort, occasionally requires me to ruin clothes. Just too much. Its practice and I want to do just that-practice. Some see it as being a debbie-downer but I just dont see the point. Especially when half the time to wear the costume ther and take it off cause its incredibly impractical to practice in

@MakeYourMark, based on many people who are responding, I think most will agree with you...I really think theme practice early in the season are nice and should be practical, but fun and in some ways team bonding if done correctly... Like I said earlier, many of the themes at my daughter's gym, were picked as a reward for new stunt groups working well together or group themes, not individual themes, so a contest cannot be generated from it...
I know some will hate me for saying this, but I think many of these elaborate dressing comes from the parent only, and my hunch, if the child had a choice will pick something simple., like colors, camouflage, etc...
PS: I wonder, are there other sports that send their athletes elaborately costumed for practice?

Our gyms favourite theme to do is rainbow. Every stunt group gets a colour to wear and then we take a picture creating a big rainbow at the end of training. No fancy accessories needed, just wear a bright tee! It helps bonding with your stunt groups too.

950cd28929a053d9309e840677a1bdc4.jpg

@MakeYourMark, based on many people who are responding, I think most will agree with you...I really think theme practice early in the season are nice and should be practical, but fun and in some ways team bonding if done correctly... Like I said earlier, many of the themes at my daughter's gym, were picked as a reward for new stunt groups working well together or group themes, not individual themes, so a contest cannot be generated from it...
I know some will hate me for saying this, but I think many of these elaborate dressing comes from the parent only, and my hunch, if the child had a choice will pick something simple., like colors, camouflage, etc...
PS: I wonder, are there other sports that send their athletes elaborately costumed for practice?
I know when I was younger in competitive gymnastics we had the odd theme day. But it was only at special times when we were the only ones training in the gym- usually in the summer since we werent in comp season. But then, we really enjoyed them because gymnastics is so serious so it gave us a time to be silly and maybe even possibly wear something other than a gymsuit :)eek: god forbid right) for at least bit of practice.

Our gyms favourite theme to do is rainbow. Every stunt group gets a colour to wear and then we take a picture creating a big rainbow at the end of training. No fancy accessories needed, just wear a bright tee! It helps bonding with your stunt groups too.

950cd28929a053d9309e840677a1bdc4.jpg

Yellow flyer has a great arabesque. And this theme is adorable.

ETA: yellow flyer's base has a good lib too

Honey, if I get another theme practice and/or X-colored sports bra and Nike Pros text from TwerkMom Kathy...I might as well have bought all the practice wear for what theme practice wear has cost me...
LOL @ "TwerkMom Kathy". We went to CL2 as a team event (as well as the rest of the gym as I'm sure you know) and my daughter still talks about this.

I should have been more clear with the "we love themed practices" statement. I meant that as a general "we", meaning our gym. I am not organized enough to love anything that involves additional preparation or planning on my part! ;)

Oh yeah, it is the parents. Here is CP in her themed bow and regular practice gear with Mr. RandomActs...

And yes, that is a corn-cobbed pipe he made from an actual corn cob. He isn't a smoker, he was just going for authenticity. Everyone knows leprechauns smoke corn-cobbed pipes...

Last edited:
:cheering:;)
Oh yeah, it is the parents. Here is CP in her themed bow and regular practice gear with Mr. RandomActs...

2j17rf9.jpg

And yes, that is a corn-cobbed pipe he made from an actual corn cob. He isn't a smoker, he was just going for authenticity. Everyone knows leprechauns smoke corn-cobbed pipes...
Now, this is the BEST THEME PRACTICE and he look,like he can scare a few of the 'MINI'ons...

Remind me never to go will Illusive Apparel for practice wear again. While I love the designs, it should not take 10 days to get revisions back on those designs, especially when the revision is "please take the writing off of the back of the tank top". I understand they work with a bunch of customers at once, but how long should that really take?

Don't even get me started on customer service, because most of the time, my sales rep did't even respond to emails. At least let me know you received my email, you know? Something like, "got it, I'll send it on to the designer" would have been perfect! Sorry I'm ranting, but it is such a different experience than I had working with Rebel for new uniforms. I also worked with TO for a tank top recently and our designer gave me revisions in as little as a few hours!

If I knew they would take so long, there was no way I would have chosen Illusive for practice wear. Am I being ridiculous wanting things done a little bit faster or wanting a little bit of communication? I don't know, I'm new to dealing with uniform and practice wear companies. I guess I have been very naive

Am I being ridiculous wanting things done a little bit faster or wanting a little bit of communication? I don't know, I'm new to dealing with uniform and practice wear companies. I guess I have been very naive
No. 10 days is way too long. And emails from a customer should always be responded to in 24-48 hours.

Back