All-Star 2015-2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are Great whites free release double ups(?) worth anymore then a normal double up. They are very impressive but i had to watch the stunt over like 3 times before i realized the bases actually let go of the feet. i really have no doubts that they can hit them consistently later in the season, but why risk it if they might be worth the same point value.

on behalf of smoed, i would like to apologize for putting out the "same ol' routine" year after year after year. i would also like to apologize for getting the same old color of medal year after year after year.
So while you are not "affiliated" with them, you now feel comfortable enough to speak/apologize for them?

Are Great whites free release double ups(?) worth anymore then a normal double up. They are very impressive but i had to watch the stunt over like 3 times before i realized the bases actually let go of the feet. i really have no doubts that they can hit them consistently later in the season, but why risk it if they might be worth the same point value.
i don't believe they are. a double up to extended stunt is the elite level skill for twisting in level 5

Maybe to change it up a bit. Not that that double ups are boring or over done (unless triple ups become legal) teams will be doing them for a while. So having the bases release the feet is something different even if it's the same point value.

Are we forgetting that top gun marked the sign section for a good portion of the season last season? :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think that's really comparable. That wasn't to save energy, it was for suspense. Marking jumps isn't to add suspense. It's like in 2010 when MG was planning on competing the ball up 360 at worlds since the beginning of the season. it was to keep it a surprise

One year my CP finished her tumbling pass then turned to get to her next spot in jumps and took out her ankle. Another year a teammate took out her ACL at showcase. Trust me...it's not that the athletes are "not in condition" it's likely the coaches aren't risking injury when there's no reason to. So often these level 5 teams have no other teams in their division at these early comps...why risk an injury at what is basically a "showcase" when you have more competitions with actual competition in mere weeks?

on behalf of smoed, i would like to apologize for putting out the "same ol' routine" year after year after year. i would also like to apologize for getting the same old color of medal year after year after year.

tumblr_ndidig6zpF1ql5yr7o1_r1_500.gif

I don't think that's really comparable. That wasn't to save energy, it was for suspense. Marking jumps isn't to add suspense. It's like in 2010 when MG was planning on competing the ball up 360 at worlds since the beginning of the season. it was to keep it a surprise
I didn't think that was a suspense factor. I always thought it was more of a "we got this amazing skill towards the end of the season, let's do it now."

They still paid competition and admission fees and traveled to not do the whole routine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think that was a suspense factor. I always thought it was more of a "we got this amazing skill towards the end of the season, let's do it now."
MG's ball up 360? I read a long time ago that MG was hitting that at the beginning of the season but CSP wanted to save it for worlds

Back