All-Star 2015-2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In regards to the music video..
I guess I have a few questions before I give my humble opinion.

All I saw when I was watching it was just people having fun. Some parts I could have done without such as the body rubbing in the extension but other than that I think I am okay with the video.. Some of the comments on here and on YouTube I read were more disheartening than the video itself. I see people just having fun and living life and doing what they want.. doesn't mean they aren't going anywhere in life.

Just a little showcase of what competitions look like in this part of the world. This competition was open to teams in the region but mostly local teams participated with a few from countries like Taiwan, the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore. The team you see here is from the Philippines and they came 1st in the coed elite (ICU) division:

Things to note:
1.) Yes, it's held in the atrium of a shopping mall just like a lot of other cheerleading competitions in the region.
2.) Other than the coed divisions being basically unlimited coed, ICU rules do apply.
3.) The mats are smaller and non-sprung (although for some reason athletes are allowed to step out of the area for tumbling passes? I only participated in the dance divisions, so what do I know.)
4.) Teams are only allowed just 6 minutes for proper warm-ups and the warm-up area is located behind the backdrop. You can see teams warming up behind throughout the video, the warm-up area is basically half of the mat size you see in the foreground (the warm-up mats are blocked by the backdrop). Teams are not allowed to stunt in front of retail stores, if they do so they risk getting disqualified from the competition, but they are allowed to perform basic warm-ups such as jumping jacks as you can see @2:20 just below the "concierge" sign.

I'll be honest and admit that most of these competitions are a safety hazard, because athletes have no choice but to leave their bags in piles in the surrounding perimetre of the competition zone. In addition to that, there just simply isn't enough space to get properly warmed-up without getting in the way of passersby. I'm not sure if it's because EPs just can't afford to rent out an actual stadiums/convention halls or it's a marketing scheme by gaining the attention of random passersby..... but it is frustrating for both athletes and parents.

Other than severe delays in the schedule (which happens every.single.year.) and the cons I've mentioned above, cheerleaders do leave with a pretty memorable experience.

ETA: I forgot to mention an observation I've made over the years. Technique has sort of improved over time (teams don't just wing it anymore), but there's still a heck of a long way to go in terms of the development of the sport.

Do any other regions of the world have issues like the ones I mention above when it comes to the venue of a competition and warm-up time/space allocation?

Last edited:
Just a little showcase of what competitions look like in this part of the world. This competition was open to teams in the region but mostly local teams participated with a few from countries like Taiwan, the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore. The team you see here is from the Philippines and they came 1st in the coed elite (ICU) division:

Things to note:
1.) Yes, it's held in the atrium of a shopping mall just like a lot of other cheerleading competitions in the region.
2.) And yes, that IS the stem of a palm tree you see on the right.
3.) Other than the coed divisions being basically unlimited coed, ICU rules do apply.
4.) The mats are smaller and non-sprung (although for some reason athletes are allowed to step out of the area for tumbling passes? I only participated in the dance divisions, so what do I know.)
5.) Teams are only allowed just 6 minutes for proper warm-ups and the warm-up area is located behind the backdrop. You can see teams warming up behind throughout the video, the warm-up area is basically half of the mat size you see in the foreground (the warm-up mats are blocked by the backdrop). Teams are not allowed to stunt in front of retail stores, if they do so they risk getting disqualified from the competition, but they are allowed to perform basic warm-ups such as jumping jacks as you can see @2:20 just below the "concierge" sign.

I'll be honest and admit that most of these competitions are a safety hazard, because athletes have no choice but to leave their bags in piles in the surrounding perimetre of the competition zone. In addition to that, there just simply isn't enough space to get properly warmed-up without getting in the way of passersby. I'm not sure if it's because EPs just can't afford to rent out an actual stadiums/convention halls or it's a marketing scheme by gaining the attention of random passersby..... but it is frustrating for both athletes and parents.

Other than severe delays in the schedule (which happens every.single.year.) and the cons I've mentioned above, cheerleaders do leave with a pretty memorable experience.

ETA: I forgot to mention an observation I've made over the years. Technique has sort of improved over time (teams don't just wing it anymore), but there's still a heck of a long way to go in terms of the development of the sport.

Do any other regions of the world have issues like the ones I mention above when it comes to the venue of a competition and warm-up time/space allocation?

This was so cool to watch! Their tumbling timing was spectacular. I work in a mall and I wish we hosted cheer competitions on the regular hahaha!

I just can't, but it's time to wake up to reality and do something with your life. Whatever that was...ain't it.

what an asinine thing to say.

imagine this: you're at a park and notice some young people with a camera and are acting in front of it looking like theyre having fun and just goofin around. other people at the park know nothing about them. then, all of a sudden, some deranged yahoo comes out of nowhere and approaches those young people and says, "I just can't, but it's time to wake up to reality and do something with your life. Whatever that was...ain't it." then, they walk away with a smile on their face acting as if they just made a valid point.

yeah, thats you. you have no clue about someones life, other than what you see on instagram/twitter/youtube, and assume that youre in a position to tell someone that they need to "wake up to reality and do something with their life". how about you wake up to reality and realize you dont know what someone is doing with their life based on their twitter/instagram/youtube presence and are in no position to arrogantly tell someone "to wake up to reality and do something with your life."

imagine this: you're at a park and notice some young people with a camera and are acting in front of it looking like theyre having fun and just goofin around. other people at the park know nothing about them. then, all of a sudden, some deranged yahoo comes out of nowhere and approaches those young people and says, "I just can't, but it's time to wake up to reality and do something with your life. Whatever that was...ain't it." then, they walk away with a smile on their face acting as if they just made a valid point.

yeah, thats you. you have no clue about someones life, other than what you see on instagram/twitter/youtube, and assume that youre in a position to tell someone that they need to "wake up to reality and do something with their life". how about you wake up to reality and realize you dont know what someone is doing with their life based on their twitter/instagram/youtube presence and are in no position to arrogantly tell someone "to wake up to reality and do something with your life."
...Not exactly true. With the amount that people share, I know what they're having for breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea, drunchies, and everything in between. I know how often, where, and when they work out. Their favorite cuisine, their favorite brands of clothing, their types of fun activities. One might even be able to plot their day out in an excel spreadsheet with about 80% accuracy.

At some point, watching teenagers/college kids do nothing with the open world available gets boring at best, obnoxious at worst. I have a 21 year old brother, and the day he stops wanting to be famous and actually picks SOMETHING to do with his life will be the greatest day ever. Even if it was professional recycler, I'd be stoked.

You do realize this is a message board right? And that my comment was about the video I saw, yes? I don't follow any of them on social media, nor do I have an inflated sense of self; unlike you, who I believe is beyond over-inflated on just about every level possible. I also didn't miss that you pinpointed my post when several others said/comments nearly identical to me, if not a bit harsher.

I'm sorry, what was your point again? I lost it.

You do realize this is a message board right? And that my comment was about the video I saw, yes? I don't follow any of them on social media, nor do I have an inflated sense of self; unlike you, who I believe is beyond over-inflated on just about every level possible. I also didn't miss that you pinpointed my post when several others said/comments nearly identical to me, if not a bit harsher.

I think the point is, if you don't bow down to every CA athlete (past, present and future) and everything they ever do, your opinion is invalid and you just shouldn't post

I think the point is, if you don't bow down to every CA athlete (past, present and future) and everything they ever do, your opinion is invalid and you just shouldn't post

Thank you for the translation, her point makes sense now---without actually making much sense.

Pretty sure their point was you made an asnine comment. Why is it on this board that, its ok to say whatever you want about someone (give your opinion) but when your called out on your post, its an attack and you get all butt hurt. It's like unless your part of the little insider gossip club here, then your outside view is invaild. Case in point, the poster that just said lets all ignore the troll. I think the kid in video could probably ask you, with all the time you spend on here, maybe you should wake up to reality and do something with your life.

Pretty sure their point was you made an asnine comment. Why is it on this board that, its ok to say whatever you want about someone (give your opinion) but when your called out on your post, its an attack and you get all butt hurt. It's like unless your part of the little insider gossip club here, then your outside view is invaild. Case in point, the poster that just said lets all ignore the troll. I think the kid in video could probably ask you, with all the time you spend on here, maybe you should wake up to reality and do something with your life.
I wish there was as intense of an insider gossip club here as everyone else seems to think there is. If there was, I'd already know what that GF3CA2A or whatever it is meant.

Will there be sassy nicknames and secret handshakes? Do we send secret care packages with fried food and regional selections? Do I get to sit on the green when I finally, FINALLY go to Worlds?!?! Inquiring minds want to know, although I apparently already should because I am an "insider." Or at least, I'm inside my own head. #reallife

Back