All-Star 2015-2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Toe fulls galore!! If this is what they look like "a couple of weeks back" I can only imagine what they'll look like at their first competition:
Sneak peak of our Top Gun OO5 boys training toe fulls at practice a couple weeks back! So excited for the 2015-2016 season!!

rainbow-cloud.jpg

Not to pry.... but how can CSP's daughter be on both a youth and a senior team? Doesn't youth end at age 11 and seniors start at age 12?

I just can't with 10 year olds on a SENIOR TEAM!! (Not directed at anyone, just the whole situation.) I still feel like the age should be different...like when I cheered (granted it was like 10 years ago) I think you had to be 14 or 15 for a senior team. I understand sports evolve, but I don't see the reasoning behind a 10 year old and an 18 year old being on the same team.

I just can't with 10 year olds on a SENIOR TEAM!! (Not directed at anyone, just the whole situation.) I still feel like the age should be different...like when I cheered (granted it was like 10 years ago) I think you had to be 14 or 15 for a senior team. I understand sports evolve, but I don't see the reasoning behind a 10 year old and an 18 year old being on the same team.
I agree but I will say I think it depends on the age range of the particular team. My CP didn't start all star cheer till 7th grade. Because of her gymnastics background she was placed on a senior team. Most of the girls were old and there were a few little ones. She felt like she didn't belong. And at age 12 she was exposed to things that were beyond her years (luckily she didn't understand it).

Sometimes 19 actually... with super seniors and all. So you're talking about an age range between a 4th grader and a college Freshman. I agree, it's too... wide.

I'm pretty sure Molly was on SE when she was eight, if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure Molly was on SE when she was eight, if I remember correctly.
If you mean Molly from "fab 5", I think her situation was a little different. I'm pretty sure her older sister would've been on SE too (I could be wrong, though) and was probably looking after her. Also, from what I've seen, she seems smart and mature for her age, and may have been then too. Lastly, (and I wasn't in cheer then, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong) routines were a lot less, well, sexualized then. I guarantee that she wasn't popping/rubbing things she shouldn't have been in the air like 8-10 year olds are now.
It just goes to show that some kids can handle being around much older kids, but others can't. In Molly's case, she obviously flourished and grew as an athlete. The issue is that the same coaches who are putting inappropriate moves in their routines are the ones who don't really look at the kid's maturity level... If the 10y/o has the skills and is small enough to be thrown in the air, they're on the team.
I personally think 10 is too young for a senior team, but I do think in a few cases a 10 year old would be fine. But yeah, 85-90% of them on senior teams right now don't need to be, so the age should be moved up.
ETA I see now that this isn't even in the thigh/body rubbing thread so most of what I wrote is irrelevant, and you were just pointing out age. Lol, just consider this food for thought, I guess [emoji28]

Back