All-Star 2015 Worlds Schedule!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No, it is mainly under IASF, USASF has a big role in it because it is held in the US and mostly US teams, but IASF runs the event as well.
Right, got it. So just to check again, non-U.S. teams are allowed to participate in the Senior divisions then (it's just that there's been very few to none)?

That's the thing though...... I thought Cheerleading Worlds (not ICU Worlds) was run by USASF and USASF only. So I just assumed bids were given by EPs who had affiliations with USASF. Technically, the international divisions at Worlds are still under USASF, right? So wouldn't USASF be inclusive of all club teams regardless of which country they're from?

No, it's USASF/IASF Cheerleading Worlds. We just see it advertised as USASF because that's what the club divisions are for the most part. T-shirts and whatnot just say "The Cheerleading Worlds"

Right, got it. So just to check again, non-U.S. teams are allowed to participate in the Senior divisions then (it's just that there's been very few to none)?

They are! I know some Canadian and Mexican teams have done it in the past. The age grids don't usually match up in the rest of the world though.

Technically yes, but some countries simply don't have that division. In France, the age groups are : under-11, 11-13, and 14+. Athletes go straight from junior division to "international" open division and never age out.

If you're Team [Country] you can compete at USASF/IASF worlds in addition to ICU worlds. That might be a big part of it. I don't know how it works if your country doesn't have much of a governing body or if there aren't a lot of teams going for bids.
See, that's the interesting bit...... I've always wondered whether there was a specific competition Bangkok University had to attend (because I really can't think of any) in order to earn a "bid" for Worlds or was just having a membership under the IASF sufficient. I'm not sure whether other Southeast Asian club teams have participated at Worlds in the past (I doubt so), but I just assumed there were none because we didn't have a "bid" event that we could attend which would enable us to participate at Worlds.

CCLOp4RUMAETPhK.jpg

The wording of this seems funny. Like I can't tell if it means the performance order will be posted tonight or if they'll be posting tonight when the performance order lottery will be?

Pretty sure all countries that participates at Worlds (both ICU & IASF) must have some sort of governing body. The governing body for each country choose how to give out the Worlds bids that they have been given from IASF. Some European countries have specific "Worlds bid competitions", and some just use their Nationals. For example in Sweden, the top 2 teams in IAG 5, IAG 6, IOC 5 and IOC 6 at Nationals gets a bid to IASF Worlds for the next season (our Nationals is in May). In Finland they have their Nationals in December, so they get bids for the same season.

One time, there was a Swedish junior team competing at a German competition and was awarded a bid to Worlds in small senior. They couldn't accept it because the Swedish Cheerleading Federation doesn't let any Swedish teams compete in club divisions. And overall we can't get bids at any other competition than our Nationals (not even bids for Summit).

Last edited:
Pretty sure all countries that participates at Worlds (both ICU & IASF) must have some sort of governing body. The governing body for each country choose how to give out the Worlds bids that they have been given from IASF. Some European countries have specific "Worlds bid competitions", and some just use their Nationals. For example in Sweden, the top 2 teams in IAG 5, IAG 6, IOC 5 and IOC 6 at Nationals gets a bid to IASF Worlds for the next season (our Nationals is in May).

One time, there was a Swedish junior team competing at a German competition and was awarded a bid to Worlds in small senior. They couldn't accept it because the Swedish Cheerleading Federation doesn't let any Swedish teams compete in club divisions.
This clears up everything, makes so much more sense now. Thank you.

Large Coed and Large Senior finals on Sunday are supposed to end at 5AM Monday my time... if everything runs smoothly (which, according to last year, is a big if). I teach a class from 9 to 12 on said Monday morning. Monday competitions start at 3PM my time. I'm screwed.
Stay up all night and then make your students take a nap once you get there so you can sleep too problem solve .

**Sometimes I ask questions I already know the answer to so I feel smart answering them**

Is it true more than 3 US International teams will make it to Finals next year or was that something just discussed?

Stay up all night and then make your students take a nap once you get there so you can sleep too problem solve .

**Sometimes I ask questions I already know the answer to so I feel smart answering them**

Good idea ! Now I just need to find some kind of way to prove that napping IS math related. That should be easy.

Is it true more than 3 US International teams will make it to Finals next year or was that something just discussed?

I recently heard a rumor along those lines, but I don't know for sure.

Latest posts

Back