OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Team GB are currently 2nd above CHINA on the medal table thanks to our golf, cycling, gymnastics, tennis and windsurfing golds and silvers yesterday. It won't last but this is a huge moment for our little island coming off the back of a home games!

Has anyone been watching the equestrian? I'm not a massive horse girl, I like it but I've never been into riding myself. I just love the way that the horse and rider are able to communicate and the athleticism of the horses, all while looking graceful!

Has anyone been watching the equestrian? I'm not a massive horse girl, I like it but I've never been into riding myself. I just love the way that the horse and rider are able to communicate and the athleticism of the horses, all while looking graceful!

The owner of the sick horse has to be given a hand for pulling out because her horse was "off". Not all animal owners would do the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So proud of local kid/former middle school classmate of mine Ryan Murphy for winning not only 1 but 3 Golds (Men's 100m backstroke, Men's 200m backstroke, and Men's 4x100m medley relay)!!
Didn't he get the new World Record too? (1st leg of relay time counts) He was amazing!

I love Usain Bolt, I'm so glad that he won his 3rd 100m, not that I ever thought he wouldn't.

But Andre De Grasse.....whooooa dude. He's going to be phenomenal. For a kid that started running in high school about 5 years ago, hitting a PR in the final against Gatlin and Bolt??? Amazing. Everyone keeps talking about his flaily arm and if it needs to be fixed, but I don't know, seems to be working for the kid!

the south africa runner wayde van niekerk beating johnsons record last night in the 400m was really impressive.
That was insane. Right before that race started I told my brother that it was pretty incredible that Johnsons record hadn't been broken in 20 years and then boom, it gets broken.

What Olympics sport would you be able to tell the quickest that a person had never done it before? I say gymnastics, pole vault or diving.

The owner of the sick horse has to be given a hand for pulling out because her horse was "off". Not all animal owners would do the same!

She deserves no praise - she is a slimeball. The horse likely didn't get bit by anything but instead Cornelissen broke his jaw. She has a history of treating horses poorly to the point of abuse. In fact, she just had a lawsuit brought against her. Here are a couple of documented incidents:

Netherland’s Adelinde Cornelissen in lawsuit over alleged animal cruelty to Parzival in Rio | Colleen Kelly Rider Biomechanics

Dutch rider Adelinde Cornelissen eliminated in dressage: Horse's mouth bleeding.

She deserves no praise - she is a slimeball. The horse likely didn't get bit by anything but instead Cornelissen broke his jaw. She has a history of treating horses poorly to the point of abuse. In fact, she just had a lawsuit brought against her. Here are a couple of documented incidents:

Netherland’s Adelinde Cornelissen in lawsuit over alleged animal cruelty to Parzival in Rio | Colleen Kelly Rider Biomechanics

Dutch rider Adelinde Cornelissen eliminated in dressage: Horse's mouth bleeding.

Oh didn't hear the bad stuff [emoji22]

But what if someone was on a super experienced horse who knew the ropes? And was just a casual recreational shooter? They could maybe make an attempt right? Even with some cheer/tumbling training someone could maybe BS their way through a floor routine, but beam/vault/bars? Diving without a splash? Propelling yourself over a bar using a stick? Noooope, lol

But what if someone was on a super experienced horse who knew the ropes? And was just a casual recreational shooter? They could maybe make an attempt right? Even with some cheer/tumbling training someone could maybe BS their way through a floor routine, but beam/vault/bars? Diving without a splash? Propelling yourself over a bar using a stick? Noooope, lol

I can't really think of too many other sports other than those you've named. I feel like any person can atleast get on a horse and manage to not fall off or shoot a gun or throw something or swim or run. You don't have to train extensively to do those things recreationally. Until you get to the competitive level of those things there might not be a lot of training needed. The sports you mentioned though aren't really done for liesure or recreation, they're done to compete and they have a specific skill set that a normal person wouldn't have without basic training. I guess if you looked at every sport like that (is this done recreationally?) you might find some sports.

I'd add rhythmic gymnastics because that stuff is insane. Mayyyyyybe fencing, judo, and/or taekwando as well?

Back