All-Star 2018 - 2019 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Doesn't CEA - Kern already have a J5? I guess YE could go Junior Restricted 5?

I do not know very many people who would shell out what is almost Worlds team caliber money to basically be an exhibition team in Y5.

They'd always be exhibitioning, yes, but with CEA's crossover set-up, odds are every kid is actively competing on a different team already and then they'd have Y5 to showcase higher skills.

I know being the only Y5 in the country is silly, but I could see them doing something like that, obviously not flying to compete at NCA, but local comps or the X-evolution in-house events? Though still I agree paying for music and choreo for a showcase team may be a little crazy.

I know that was the only other one left, but are they really gonna have a team that has zero chance of ever competing against another team? That would be weird.

Well, my understanding of YE it seems most, if not all of its athletes cheered on other squads within CEA like I recalled many of their base and/or backspots athletes will be placed on their Y3 squad - Glitter Penguins, other athletes were placed on their J5, J4 or even J5R teams. So being on a Y5 team was not their fulltime team. Unlike WC Twinkles cheerleaders, they only cheer for that team, I never heard or saw any Twinkles crossing over to other teams, but only my daughter's last year on Twinkles when 2 or 3 flyers crossed over to Cosmic Rays when some of their flyers quit or got injured at the last minute for 1 or 2 competitions. Otherwise, being on Twinkles was a fulltime commitment...js

Well, my understanding of YE it seems most, if not all of its athletes cheered on other squads within CEA like I recalled many of their base and/or backspots athletes will be placed on their Y3 squad - Glitter Penguins, other athletes were placed on their J5, J4 or even J5R teams. So being on a Y5 team was not their fulltime team. Unlike WC Twinkles cheerleaders, they only cheer for that team, I never heard or saw any Twinkles crossing over to other teams, but only my daughter's last year on Twinkles when 2 or 3 flyers crossed over to Cosmic Rays when some of their flyers quit or got injured at the last minute for 1 or 2 competitions. Otherwise, being on Twinkles was a fulltime commitment...js

PS: Before I receive any backlash on these comments... I really appreciated that WC did not crossover their Y5 athletes, these athletes were able to focus on 1 routine, minimal injuries for being overworked and form bonds with just their regular teammates...So I have no complaints about CEA crossing their athletes...

Saw on twitter that Stingrays had 230 athletes tryout for worlds. I'm guessing Cheer Athletics has similar numbers, if not more. Thinking about the large all girl division... it makes you appreciate the staffs what WC, Twisters and CEA are able to accomplish year after year. Stingrays / CA should dominate every year with those numbers, like panthers did this year.

PS: Before I receive any backlash on these comments... I really appreciated that WC did not crossover their Y5 athletes, these athletes were able to focus on 1 routine, minimal injuries for being overworked and form bonds with just their regular teammates...So I have no complaints about CEA crossing their athletes...
But crossing to 3 teams is a lot for anyone....,

Really excited to see them fielding teams using (Im assuming) OSU athletes again. I would love to see an OSU and UofL battling it out at worlds and at NCA college.
OSU did an IOC6 with SOCO Intensity out of Tulsa this past season. I assume based on what their coach has said that they will stick with SOCO for the next season if they field an ioc6 team.
Some of the small coed athletes might do the teams but it depends on STUNT, since that is their first priority!

OSU did an IOC6 with SOCO Intensity out of Tulsa this past season. I assume based on what their coach has said that they will stick with SOCO for the next season if they field an ioc6 team.
Some of the small coed athletes might do the teams but it depends on STUNT, since that is their first priority!

I thought STUNT was a strictly all-girl sport?
Why did the OSU athletes move from T&S? Haven't they always had a tight relationship? I thought Genesis in like 2012/2013 was basically OSU LC right?

Saw on twitter that Stingrays had 230 athletes tryout for worlds. I'm guessing Cheer Athletics has similar numbers, if not more. Thinking about the large all girl division... it makes you appreciate the staffs what WC, Twisters and CEA are able to accomplish year after year. Stingrays / CA should dominate every year with those numbers, like panthers did this year.
Anyone know how many they had last year? This seems to be enough to add two or three small teams or two small and an international all girl 5 to the teams they had last season. lol can't wait to see what they end up doing with all the talent.

Back