All-Star ..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What would they do if you chose to not pay out an arm and a leg and stay somewhere different?
Does the team share rooms and parents on their own? Our kids stay onsite (4/room) with their bid and parents usually share condos/rooms to cut the expense.

Athlete entry fee, practice time, coaches airfare and hotel, practice wear and busing to practice and competition. Thats it!!!

I am all for paying for the coaches fees but my issue now is.... the hotel that they (and where we all must stay) is very expensive. I also think they are including some funds for their food while at the hotel as well.
I agree that you are paying on the high end, but not unreasonable if you break the costs down.
I have no idea how many athletes are on your team - the expense per athlete can increase or decrease considerably depending on the team size. I would expect for a team of 20 that each athlete should pay $250-300 for up to 3 coaches (any more coaches on an athlete's dime is overkill IMO) airfare, hotel, and meals, and practice time. Add the athlete commuter pass and you are at $610 per athlete. Practice wear can range anywhere from $80-$150, and I have no idea what the busing costs. I think you could do it for around $750 per athlete, but not much less than that.

Yikes...glad my CP isn't on a worlds team yet!! I thought the extra $500 for Summit was a lot:)

Things I would expect to pay for when it comes to coaches (main coach and any asst. coaches):

Air Fare
Hotel (Sheraton, Omni, Hilton equivalent)
Food
Transportation to and from venue/restaurants (Taxi or Rental Car)
Team Camp Wear/Spirit Wear
Park Hopper/Commuter Pass for each day there

A practice venue at $500 sounds reasonable for 2 hours for the entire team, $500 each, ridiculous

Considering you know how much approximate air fare is for your area to and from, and you are also aware how much the hotel is (tack on the day prior and day after athletes leave), you could probably factor in a $75 daily food expense, $40 daily transportation, and the price of the team practice wear.

Most businesses provide moderate to moderately-high end hotel accommodations for their employees. If they have taken a loss in another area of travel or added unexpected travel somewhere in the year, they may be making up for it. Nothing is wrong to ask for some transparency but, I highly doubt it will change the pricing.

Especially if they want to stay in business! Do they have business sponsorships for any of the additional expenses?
We do business sponsorships if you want to go find one at the beginning of the year and it will cover your athlete not the gym.

I will say just me speculating I can tell you how she pays for all the fees .. Since the new owner took over she has done major things for the gym. She is very much a people person... I posted one day exactly how many classes we have (tumbling, stretch, jumps)
And the thing is almost every single class is full or 1 away from being full. And we have classes at all hours every day and even on the weekends and multiple classes in an hour. I have never seen this before and we aren't a big name gym that have people flocking to us for classes and we aren't a big gym space wise either. Or parking for that matter. Parents aren't even allowed to stay for Allstar team practices but there still isn't enough parking.

Our lot is always full, and I know we rent or lease or whatever the parking lot of the business beside us.

She started that this year and I thought it was going to relieve the parking nightmare and nope it hasn't. There is times I have to park across the street. It's a park but it does have a mini parking lot and I have to walk across the street which is dangerous because there is no where to park.
She knows how to get people in there and keep them coming in there and that's definitely different than what it was when we got there. I'd assume though it's the allstar parents paying an arm and a leg for uniforms, choreo, and comp fees because we like to travel all over ... But my guess is the classes are where the money is at. So I know it's covered from the gym for now but it still isn't fair she is covering coaches costs now so I wouldn't mind if she charged ... She just hasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that the hotel our coaches choose to stay at is very expensive and we are stuck with footing the bill. We are a team of 36 so fees of $1000 are just too much. We are told we MUST all stay at the same hotel so no staying at the in laws for us!

Not so much commenting on the price but in regards to having everyone at the same place, from a coaching perspective, it is a logistical lifesaver having a large team in ONE hotel/area.

Everyone leaves the hotel at the same time to go to the venue.

Limited amount of "Jill and Jennifer are waiting on the shuttle from their resort area."

Not so much commenting on the price but in regards to having everyone at the same place, from a coaching perspective, it is a logistical lifesaver having a large team in ONE hotel/area.

Everyone leaves the hotel at the same time to go to the venue.

Limited amount of "Jill and Jennifer are waiting on the shuttle from their resort area."

I WISH we were required to stay together.

I was never a fan of this, just from the standpoint of preference, however, it was a HUGE help this weekend at UCA . One cp at Indiana Jones and the other at ESPN with 25 minutes between oldest awards and youngest meet time. Several parents on site willing to help us out made the situation stress free, I'm a big fan now.

My CP has always gone to Worlds on a AL bid. It typically costs about $800 to cover everything except their extras (food, souvenirs). Last year I drove us down, which saved some money. That $800 covered coaches expenses, gear, etc. Other years it was a little more bc the team flew down or rented a bus. The coaches stayed at the All-Star resort with us, and doubled up in rooms too.

Does the team share rooms and parents on their own? Our kids stay onsite (4/room) with their bid and parents usually share condos/rooms to cut the expense.
Athletes stay with parents. We do share a room with another mom and daughter to save money. We are not on Disney property.

I was never a fan of this, just from the standpoint of preference, however, it was a HUGE help this weekend at UCA . One cp at Indiana Jones and the other at ESPN with 25 minutes between oldest awards and youngest meet time. Several parents on site willing to help us out made the situation stress free, I'm a big fan now.

Our team generally splits up. Some stay at Disney, some stay off-site. But I'm kind of team mom, and it makes it easier when everyone is on site. Those that are generally head over together, and we meet those who stay off-site there. But it can be a logistical nightmare to try and find a decent meeting place at WWOS and get everyone there and in one place at the same time. Fortunately, we don't usually have a big group of people who stay off and they all stay together in one condo, so it's not too bad.

I'm not sure what our senior team does, but I *think* they all stay at Disney, and their parents may be elsewhere.

36 girls, large team.
That's just under $25k just for coaches expenses :confused:. Sounds like there is a possibility that you're getting screwed. I wouldn't go in guns blazing, but I would ask for a breakdown of exactly what your $1k is paying for (and I'd look for new jewelry and designer purses in the coaches office lol)

Back