All-Star 8 Year Old With A Double Full? Nbd.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kiara Nowlin- Standing full and full at 6 yrs old in a competition on a non spring floor (matt floor) **** Double full at 7 yrs old in a competition on a non spring floor (matt floor) The youngest to ever throw these skills in competition.

I think all thes young girls are amazing and they just keep getting more and more talented every year!! i agree with having to adjust with height as they get older. My CP is very tall for her age but we are thinking she wont get much taller since she shot up in height at such a young age. However when she was having a growth spurt she complained about aching bones and tired legs daily. She is now pretty stable at 4'10" at age 9 and is in her tumbling groove. Hoping she wont get toooo much taller :rolleyes:

That's great!

I was just thinking the other day: what's the youngest age that some has got a full, double, and/or standing full? I know a few 8 yr olds, just wondering about anyone younger than that..?
well kiara nowlin had a full/double when she was six i think...

I think all thes young girls are amazing and they just keep getting more and more talented every year!! i agree with having to adjust with height as they get older. My CP is very tall for her age but we are thinking she wont get much taller since she shot up in height at such a young age. However when she was having a growth spurt she complained about aching bones and tired legs daily. She is now pretty stable at 4'10" at age 9 and is in her tumbling groove. Hoping she wont get toooo much taller :rolleyes:

My son, who's is in his third year of cheer, started with NEGATIVE tumbling skills. So while he's trying to learn basically everything for the ground up, over the next 18 months he grew approximately 9 inches. He's 13 and pushing 5-11 now. It's a hard thing to continue to adjust when your feet keep getting farther away from you than they were a month ago. It's especially hard for him because of flexibility. As soon as he gets the muscles flexible he spurts again and they get tightened back up. Along with the height he's put on almost 50 pounds of muscle. He was about 98lbs when we started. He' 147ish now.

However, that's not to say its not all possible. In three years he's gone from nothing to a punch front through to layout (that's still on the tumble track) the layout is on the floor but not the punch front through yet. He's also got standing tucks and triple jump tucks and just debuted his walk in coed partner stunt to extension this weekend. He's currently on a jr. Coed 3. All those level 4 skills have come during this season but aren't quite ready for a competition team yet.

But if anyone knows about growing kids and tumbling skills....it's me. :D

Back