All-Star "across The Board Judging" Legal Some Comps But Not Other Ones.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know that I (and a few others) have used this analogy several times: I speed every day when I drive to work. I've never gotten a ticket. If I get pulled over for speeding on Monday when I'm going to work, should I be able to fight my way out of it because I've never gotten busted before? I managed to slide through every day, but finally someone notices me and I have to pay the price. It's not the cop's fault.

And as far as the judges missing the touchdowns for the other team... That team got lucky that day when the judges didn't see the touchdowns, just like your team got lucky at every competition where the legality issue didn't get called.
I loved this speeding ticket analogy. You can apply it to so many aspects of life.

Not all judges (or people) are created equal. I feel like there are about 10 rules officials I would give an A+ and hire for and event I run and there are over 300 certified. This leads to inconsistencies and frustration on both sides.

Also, don't confuse it being legal with it not being called. My guess is what was done was always illegal, but not called until the 6th event. If I was in a more sarcastic mood I would say you should be thankful for the times it wasn't called, not upset at the time it was, but I haven't had enough Maker's yet.

I'm clapping for you, you just can't see it. ;)

Sorry, but at this point, I just don't believe you. You got reasonable responses from some of the most experienced people in the industry and rejected every logical explanation.
Sorry you do not believed this happened, but you were not at this particular comp, Acedad.........as Cheerbank says, judges do make mistakes too.

I have never been to a competition and had a judge tell me mistakes they made scoring other teams. Actually, I've never had a judge willing to discuss another team. That's a no no.

I've had stuff called illegal after we had competed it previously. Usually, it will get caught at a bigger comp, after being fine at a smaller comp. It annoys me, but guess what...I should've known better (and like others said, sometimes it's a performance thing). Fix it, learn from it, and move on.

Lol. Thanks! I saw you and Omar on "Cheer!" last night. It made me nostalgic and hopeful for a repeat this year.

Omar texted the picture to me last night.

I can't this year. I started coaching a team that will be competing at UCA High School that weekend.

Sorry you do not believed this happened, but you were not at this particular comp, Acedad.........as Cheerbank says, judges do make mistakes too.

We all know judges make mistakes. I guess what everyone is saying is that it doesn't sound like these judges made a mistake. It sounds like your team did an illegal move and 5 other sets of judges made a mistake.

Are you questioning whether the move was actually illegal? Because that can be solved with a video. But it seems like you're questioning why this set of judges was "mean" to you (see speeding example above - perfect analogy).

Truthfully, the real thing you should be questioning is why didn't the coaches put an illegal move in a routine and either a) didn't know, or b) didn't care.

I'm sorry these aren't the answers you were hoping for, but that's how the board is sometimes - you get the truth, whether it's what you wanted to hear or not.

Sorry for 2 posts, too late to edit.

You got responses from Andre ASCheerMan kingston and ACEDAD. I've NEVER gotten responses from all 4 of them. That's about as well respected in this industry as it gets (minus about 3 or 4 other people). I'd take their word and be satisfied that I got an answer. You won't get a more honest, correct answer from anyone else.

Sorry for 2 posts, too late to edit.

You got responses from Andre ASCheerMan kingston and ACEDAD. I've NEVER gotten responses from all 4 of them. That's about as well respected in this industry as it gets (minus about 3 or 4 other people). I'd take their word and be satisfied that I got an answer. You won't get a more honest, correct answer from anyone else.
Dang it, girl! You stole my thunder! I was about to say the same thing....what thread EVER gets THE authority all responding within the first page and that's not satisfactory?! There's another thread out there asking if you want 1,000 shimmies or just ONE from kingston . This got responses from him ACEDAD, Andre and ASCheerMan it's still not good enough.

That's like winning worlds and arguing that the globe has a fingerprint on it. Smh.

My point is, Just a mom is that in this sport it is not always judged correctly, whether good or bad. We all pay alot of money and should have qualified judges, whether small comps or larger ones like Athletic championships. I would rather have something illegal called out the First time we do it, than 4 months later at the end of the season. THAT is what is frustrating! I would not be on this site if I did not want opinions of others.:)

My point is, Just a mom is that in this sport it is not always judged correctly, whether good or bad. We all pay alot of money and should have qualified judges, whether small comps or larger ones like Athletic championships. I would rather have something illegal called out the First time we do it, than 4 months later at the end of the season. THAT is what is frustrating! I would not be on this site if I did not want opinions of others.:)

Whether it's called the first time or the 85th time, it's the coach's fault the illegal skill was in the routine in the first place. I would be more concerned that your coach, the person that you pay to coach you child several times a week, either doesn't know the rules or doesn't care enough to get a questionable skill checked. Would we love it for judges to always get it right? Yes, but they're human and they do their best. I get combinations checked before competing, even if I think I am sure they're alright.

Back