All-Star Additional Paid Bid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Under any other circumstances I would be like WTF?? But I honestly thought American should have received the original bid handed out by USA, so I'm ok with it. Congrats American "Faith in Flyers"

This is what happened with USA. We weren't passed down a bid, they were given additional bids based on attendance!

That's not how it works though. Your number of bids are determined by last year's participants, not this year. Yes, an EP can choose to not advertise the full number of bids they're eligible to give out, but it's shady when they choose to give out those extra bids after the event is over. And that they shouldn't be able to do, even if they were eligible to do so.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I was shocked American did not get the full paid bid. You could hear the gasp of the crowd. Makes me wonder if it was a mistake because 99.9% of those who saw teams up for the bid thought it went to American. And after hearing EP made error in giving out an out large bid it second guesses everything. If anyone has a final listing of scores that may clear things up but I haven't seen anything.

Does anyone have a video of the American performance? I would love to see it. (I haven't searched for it myself so don't shoot me.)

I was shocked American did not get the full paid bid. You could hear the gasp of the crowd. Makes me wonder if it was a mistake because 99.9% of those who saw teams up for the bid thought it went to American. And after hearing EP made error in giving out an out large bid it second guesses everything. If anyone has a final listing of scores that may clear things up but I haven't seen anything.
There was no mistake. American were still behind Mysterious.

American had a great routine! But...they had an athlete get injured and, if I recall correctly, the pyramid was not complete because of this. I am certain that this was reflected in their building score. It was not their fault, but if you don't complete a notable section of your routine, the scores are going to be lower. The judges can't score based on "what could have been" (had the athlete not been injured)

American had a great routine! But...they had an athlete get injured and, if I recall correctly, the pyramid was not complete because of this. I am certain that this was reflected in their building score. It was not their fault, but if you don't complete a notable section of your routine, the scores are going to be lower. The judges can't score based on "what could have been" (had the athlete not been injured)
Exactly, because for all they know the parts missing might not have hit anyway.

That's not how it works though. Your number of bids are determined by last year's participants, not this year. Yes, an EP can choose to not advertise the full number of bids they're eligible to give out, but it's shady when they choose to give out those extra bids after the event is over. And that they shouldn't be able to do, even if they were eligible to do so.

Maybe EPs should be required to advertise how many bids they are eligible for as well as how many they will give out. Like have their bid declaration announce how many they're giving out, and then have an addendum at the bottom that says "we are eligible for x number, and in case of (error, enrollement, whatever) we can give them out" kinda thing. That way, when this happens, we at least know that there is a possibility that this could happen and it doesn't look as shady.

Am I the only Nay-Sayer that doesn't see a problem with this? The only negative I could see is that the "Surprise Bid" doesn't get their 'moment' in front of everyone at the competition. However, putting myself in their shoes, I doubt they care about that, at least I wouldn't. I don't think this negatively effects anyone except maybe more teams may have attended knowing more bids were at stake?

Yes... they know very close to the actual number of competitors at least a week or two before the event so at that time it would makes sense for them to announce additional bids.... idk...

and USA "closed" their registration in Feb. They cant even order enough championship jackets for the 2nd year in row and yet they get the responsibility of making these decisions? WTH

and USA "closed" their registration in Feb. They cant even order enough championship jackets for the 2nd year in row and yet they get the responsibility of making these decisions? WTH
"Sorry, we don't have a jacket for you, but here's a bid instead. See you next year!" ;)

Am I the only Nay-Sayer that doesn't see a problem with this? The only negative I could see is that the "Surprise Bid" doesn't get their 'moment' in front of everyone at the competition. However, putting myself in their shoes, I doubt they care about that, at least I wouldn't. I don't think this negatively effects anyone except maybe more teams may have attended knowing more bids were at stake?

I dont even think its about American getting their moment. Yes it couldve effected someones competition schedule, but mostly if you've ever been to a USA comp, its just, IDK even know the words.......its typical USA.

I just don't get why people are upset about it. This is our gym's first bid to worlds, and instead of being happy for us it seems everyone is hung up on the way it was given. I personally will not be attending with my team, but it was great to be a part of earning the first ever bid awarded to USA Starz, whether it was given at the competition or after.

Thank you!! It seems people are mad we got these bids and I don't understand why. As you said, it doesn't negatively effect anyone! I'm just happy for my team and the other teams that get this great opportunity.

Back