All-Star Additional Paid Bid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just don't get why people are upset about it. This is our gym's first bid to worlds, and instead of being happy for us it seems everyone is hung up on the way it was given. I personally will not be attending with my team, but it was great to be a part of earning the first ever bid awarded to USA Starz, whether it was given at the competition or after.

I'm happy you're going to worlds. It has nothing to do with your team at all. I just don't like when this situation happens, because it usually means a mistake was made. An event producer should not be giving out extra bids after the fact, whether they were eligible for them or not.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

From my understanding from what I know so far there was an error of some sorts and I know that Nor Cal Elite Titans outscored one of the other at large bids handed out at the actual competition. Don't know exact scores or anything about any of the other teams though. I'll let you know if I find out more.

and USA "closed" their registration in Feb. They cant even order enough championship jackets for the 2nd year in row and yet they get the responsibility of making these decisions? WTH
I'm still waiting for my USA jacket.
Actually, make that two from 2011 and 2012

I just don't get why people are upset about it. This is our gym's first bid to worlds, and instead of being happy for us it seems everyone is hung up on the way it was given. I personally will not be attending with my team, but it was great to be a part of earning the first ever bid awarded to USA Starz, whether it was given at the competition or after.
Nobody is upset with the athletes or teams. The frustration lies with an industry that just makes up rules as they go along! There is little to no hope of becoming a legitimate sport when things are run like that. Congrats on your bid!

Nobody is upset with the athletes or teams. The frustration lies with an industry that just makes up rules as they go along! There is little to no hope of becoming a legitimate sport when things are run like that. Congrats on your bid!

It's not a new rule. It's just not a well known one.

It's not a new rule. It's just not a well known one.
I understand that. But quite honestly if teams are required to declare whether they'll accept bids, EPs should be required to state something along the lines of "additional bids are available at this competition and may be handed out at our discretion".

Again, I just feel that it's "rules" like this that are a significant part of why cheer will not get recognized as a legitimate sport. Imagine "this year we've decided to have 18 teams advance to the Sweet-16" or "you're both Super Bowl Champion!"

American had a great routine! But...they had an athlete get injured and, if I recall correctly, the pyramid was not complete because of this. I am certain that this was reflected in their building score. It was not their fault, but if you don't complete a notable section of your routine, the scores are going to be lower. The judges can't score based on "what could have been" (had the athlete not been injured)
It is funny you say that because a long time ago we were at a usa regional and we had an injury to a flyer and the director told me to just have the group 'hard mark' it and they will count it like it hit ! lol...i looked at them like they were cray cray , I then told the director that I would like for them to imagine that they hit a double up. ;)

Shimmy times a thousand yet they hired Matt Goto to change the brand of USA Allstar and I think he is doing what he can with what he has to work with. Nice guy.

This is what confuses me so much! Goto is amazing and it seemed like he was going to be able to fix this and make it a worthwhile competition again. It's really sad to hear nothing has changed. I assumed that since numbers were growing they had fixed some of the issues... It has SO much potential, but USA always makes a mess out of it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Not necessarily. The number of bids an EP can give can increase based on attendance. They are given a set number at the beginning of the season based on past number, but have the option to increase it based on current year numbers.

I was just commenting that NCA did give a extra bid when they made a mistake. Several years ago WC Cosmic Rays won their Division, and were missed for a bid. After NCA was over they realized that the Rays should have received a bid and awarded on to them. They did not take it away from another team they added it. If i am not mistaken NCA did it another time as well, but can not recall the teams, but it was the same situation.

This must happen more than I realized because I didnt even know about USA getting a paid afterward. I have no issue with any team that got a bid awarded late. I just feel the same as many others - if the bid is available, it should be advertised. Even if it's not against the rules, it seems shady. And why is the rule little known?

This must happen more than I realized because I didnt even know about USA getting a paid afterward. I have no issue with any team that got a bid awarded late. I just feel the same as many others - if the bid is available, it should be advertised. Even if it's not against the rules, it seems shady. And why is the rule little known?
I don't think it should be advertised. If they have no intention of giving it away, why would you tell everyone it's there? Then people will be expecting it or hoping for it when chances are... they won't get it. Trust me, EPS will advertise all the bids they can, it draws in teams. No EP is trying to make it look like they have less bids than they plan on giving out.

Back