OT Adhd And College

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 15, 2009
For years I have been told and felt like Im very ADHD but have never been to the doctor to be diagnosed. Im going back to college to work towards nursing school and I have a hard time concentrating in a class. Has anyone experienced this with/without medicines? How did you deal with it?

I was finally diagnosed with adhd in college. Funny story actually.... I had gone to see my dr, and my 2 best friends (since oh, 6th grade) both worked in the office. I didn't see them until I was checking out, and they asked why I was there. I said, "oh I have ADHD." They look at me and say, "Yeah, we know. But why are you here?", like it was a totally unrelated point. So I told them, "Now it's official..and I have meds!" Their reaction? "Its about time!" Haha.

Anyway, the best decision I ever made was to talk to my doctor and finally get diagnosed. The meds, and initial therapy I went to, changed my life. I don't think I would be doing well in my career without the help. Too many distractions in the classroom! Plus keeping up with planning, correcting, meetings, etc.

I was finally diagnosed with adhd in college. Funny story actually.... I had gone to see my dr, and my 2 best friends (since oh, 6th grade) both worked in the office. I didn't see them until I was checking out, and they asked why I was there. I said, "oh I have ADHD." They look at me and say, "Yeah, we know. But why are you here?", like it was a totally unrelated point. So I told them, "Now it's official..and I have meds!" Their reaction? "Its about time!" Haha.

Anyway, the best decision I ever made was to talk to my doctor and finally get diagnosed. The meds, and initial therapy I went to, changed my life. I don't think I would be doing well in my career without the help. Too many distractions in the classroom! Plus keeping up with planning, correcting, meetings, etc.

Thanks I hate taking meds but I think its time to get over it.

Back