All-Star Advice On Opening An All Star Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 14, 2011
I just want to put this out there to see what people think. I have been watching and working for people with their own gym for a long time both Cheer and Gymnastics. I always seems to find something that someone is doing I don't like. So everyone tells me I should go do it myself, problem is...getting kids, and selecting location, and finding a building, equipment costs, coaching costs, comp fees and setup, etc
eek.png
. I know that my mentality would be doing it for the kids, but I have to ask....Is there money to be made? Can i live my life with just a cheer gym? Thoughts? and Thanks!
smile.png

Currently going through this right now! Have the girls, location selected, everything except our realtor will not let us start the process until March. Which is next week yes, but we have to have the gym up and running by the second week of May for tryouts. Definately a headache!!! The next problem we are finding is a tumbling coach. I would do it but I am already co-owner and director plus coaching a team so I do not want to spread myself to thin.

Currently going through this right now! Have the girls, location selected, everything except our realtor will not let us start the process until March. Which is next week yes, but we have to have the gym up and running by the second week of May for tryouts. Definately a headache!!! The next problem we are finding is a tumbling coach. I would do it but I am already co-owner and director plus coaching a team so I do not want to spread myself to thin.

where in jersey ? and name of your program?

Make sure you have business sense... and run the business side of it as well as coach! Best advice

I think there might be money to be made but doing just strictly a cheer gym I think you are limiting your profits. You could easily lose money since this is only one section of the market. If cheer stops growing then you are out a lot of money. Especially the way the market is now I am willing to be there are enough kids that just stay doing high school cheer instead of doing all-star simply because of the costs associated with doing all-star cheer. Multi child families especially are trending towards doing high school sports instead of outside club sports. If the market turns around (which it seems like it is doing currently) and cheer continues to grow then yes I would say you would be able to make a profit strictly from doing an all-star gym.

Having my own gym, I will tell you it is SOOOOOOOOO much harder and more expensive than it looks. The headaches are endless, so be prepared to live and breath it every minute of every day. Other than that, lol....go for it!

I worked at a gymnastics/allstar gym...the cheerleading aspect was much smaller then the gymnastics side...But it's weird because there will be times when all classes are filled and money is just pourng in and then 2 monthes laster classes seem empty...the owner ended up selling it to a family whos kids are on the team...the guy who owns it now is a video game creator so they are well off and find the gym one of their many "fun prodjects" but they are putting in a 'rebounderz' and many other things which seems to be helping the bottom line...so maybe you should think about other "gymmastics/cheerleading" inspired things to help offset costs...maybe a rebounders...its a goldmine...google it :)

where in jersey ? and name of your program?

Southampton, NJ and we are Envy Extreme Allstars. Just found out today that our realtor no longer works for the company so we have a new realtor and we are meeting next week!!! Great news.

Latest posts

Back