Advice On Toe Touch Front Tucks?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 3, 2014
I've always been really good at front tumbling, but I just cant seem to get my toe touch front tuck. I'm point for jumps and my coach really wants me to do it when everyone else does their toe touch back tucks. I don't want to let her down, so any tips?

The holy grail of all things tumbling: Skills: Front Tuck | For the "Love" of TumblingFor the "Love" of Tumbling
For myself, I always try to really power through my legs as I land my jump and begin the tuck, spotting with my head up super high and keeping my body strong. If you look too low in your tuck, you'll get no height or end up doing a caberay (can't spell this > its a front tuck landing on your seat, with one straight leg and the other bent.) Try practicing just front tucks, then t jump to tuck and finally put them together toe tuck. Sometimes breaking it down is the best way to get it; a lot of people tend to hit the jump perfectly, then end up unable to tuck. If you perfect both and put them together you'll get gorgeous jumps and beautiful tumbling. Keep up the great work! You'll get it soon!

Back