All-Star All Star Tumbling/ Tumbling Class

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@yojaehs - I love the simplicity of your system even though I don't think it would work for us with spacing and early team practices. We might can adopt it during the summer if need be, especially if we drop the evaluation aspect for summer only. About how many attend these sessions each day?
I have 3 different "levels" sometimes 4, typically
Beginners - First day, very little if any experience, often times I split into 2 different ages about 5 per split
Intermediate - Has a bhs or very close, working series or tucks btw 10-15
Advanced - Has tuck or very close to it, working layouts and above average 10+
Also we offer Tiny tumbling one day a week and currently that's our largest group, broken in to 10 3&4 yr olds and 10 5&6 year olds. Depending on the time of year etc. classes adjust daily.

I have 3 different "levels" sometimes 4, typically
Beginners - First day, very little if any experience, often times I split into 2 different ages about 5 per split
Intermediate - Has a bhs or very close, working series or tucks btw 10-15
Advanced - Has tuck or very close to it, working layouts and above average 10+
Also we offer Tiny tumbling one day a week and currently that's our largest group, broken in to 10 3&4 yr olds and 10 5&6 year olds. Depending on the time of year etc. classes adjust daily.

So roughly 50 a week attend tumbling class that fluctuates. Are there any open gyms that supplement this? What happens if you have the instructors in to teach but the numbers dont require them for that day? Thx for the explanation. :)

So roughly 50 a week attend tumbling class that fluctuates. Are there any open gyms that supplement this? What happens if you have the instructors in to teach but the numbers dont require them for that day? Thx for the explanation. :)
Closer to 30-40 per day. Every class/level is offered everyday.

Our all-stars pick a class throughout the week that fit their schedule. Usually they will take a class on the day they have practice b/c we have many that drive 45min-1 hour and a half twice a week already...

We have roughly the same set up as @yojaehs has but with separate classes for kids under 8.

We have about 15 to 30 show up per day and split into ro bhs and no ro bhs but all warm up stretch and do basic line drills together.

Major advantages- when someone calls in, I have a class that day that they can do and won't be out of place. Now I just ask how old the kid is and I know where they go.

Before I asked do they have any experience, and I would get crazy answers like well they took gymnastics for a year when they are five or yeah they can do back flips and they come with a roll or they don't want to be in a beginner class. We also would have the problem of kids having some other thing going on at the particular time their specific class was happening or needed to carpool with so and so or wanted to be in class with her sister etc.

Most of those problems are now solved.

Only real con is when the skill split is vastly uneven doesn't happen too often. We have 4 coaches who are here for it that can shift as necessary but have limited floor space to work with

Great information. So are all of your teams completely skilled based. Do you have any kids on higher level teams who don't have level appropriate tumbling? Do they attend other level tumbling sessions?

We have one girl with a mental block on senior 3, but she can do the front tumbling. IMO, it has helped to be with her team and keep throwing the skills. She is throwing level 3 skills with a spot now, and was not doing anything at the start of the season. I will say I have had her in the gym consistently, and she has been throwing skills about 4 days a week. Otherwise, all teams are level based. It has worked out well for us, but we are small enough to make it work. :)

We have roughly the same set up as @yojaehs has but with separate classes for kids under 8.

We have about 15 to 30 show up per day and split into ro bhs and no ro bhs but all warm up stretch and do basic line drills together.

Major advantages- when someone calls in, I have a class that day that they can do and won't be out of place. Now I just ask how old the kid is and I know where they go.

Before I asked do they have any experience, and I would get crazy answers like well they took gymnastics for a year when they are five or yeah they can do back flips and they come with a roll or they don't want to be in a beginner class. We also would have the problem of kids having some other thing going on at the particular time their specific class was happening or needed to carpool with so and so or wanted to be in class with her sister etc.

Most of those problems are now solved.

Only real con is when the skill split is vastly uneven doesn't happen too often. We have 4 coaches who are here for it that can shift as necessary but have limited floor space to work with

Where I see the issue with us if the skill split. We could manage it better during the summer but during fall and spring sessions it would be crazy.

Looking at my class load alone - not counting school tumble teams, P2P class or privates is right around 100 athletes a week from BHS Focus up to Level 5 Twisting and Elite. When I add in the other instructors class work loads it just does not seem doable in our context currently. Our Fall calendar has 36 tumble classes from Level 1 thru Level 5 - not including cheer prep, power tumbling and gymnastics classes. Our Tumble classes are a fantastic revenue maker for our program however and usually all stay full or very close to it the entire session. We definitely add more classes or shift times than we delete due to low enrollment

Where I see the issue with us if the skill split. We could manage it better during the summer but during fall and spring sessions it would be crazy.

Looking at my class load alone - not counting school tumble teams, P2P class or privates is right around 100 athletes a week from BHS Focus up to Level 5 Twisting and Elite. When I add in the other instructors class work loads it just does not seem doable in our context currently. Our Fall calendar has 36 tumble classes from Level 1 thru Level 5 - not including cheer prep, power tumbling and gymnastics classes. Our Tumble classes are a fantastic revenue maker for our program however and usually all stay full or very close to it the entire session. We definitely add more classes or shift times than we delete due to low enrollment

We avg about 90 kids a week in our classes. We have Mon- Thu 6-7 all level 8 and up + 2 5-8 yr old classes and 1 3-5 yr old class and we have 7 teams and do everything Monday thru Thursday 4-9 on essentially a floor and a half

I would have to look at new numbers but IIRC we are 140 - 175 in tumble class athletes per week. 8 teams (not counting the half year teams that will start in October) with 3 crossovers only. 2 full floors, 2 rods, 2 tumbletracks, 2 trampolines and 2 long spring tumble strips that are fully used every day of the week. We also do several school teams so that adds into the mix as well.

I would have to look at new numbers but IIRC we are 140 - 175 in tumble class athletes per week. 8 teams (not counting the half year teams that will start in October) with 3 crossovers only. 2 full floors, 2 rods, 2 tumbletracks, 2 trampolines and 2 long spring tumble strips that are fully used every day of the week. We also do several school teams so that adds into the mix as well.

Sounds like what you're doing is working well for your situation. How much staff do you have? We have 4 coaches and 2 jr coaches

Sounds like what you're doing is working well for your situation. How much staff do you have? We have 4 coaches and 2 jr coaches

So far so good. We are really trying to diversify away from All Star being the primary ecomonic engine of the gym so we are staffed for those purposes:

4 Full Time Coaches - 2 of these also direct the School Program and the Tumbling Program.
9 Part Time Coaches - various degrees and amount of classes, birthday parties, special events and or team coaching.
3 Jr Coaches - assigned to assist with teams or cheer prep.

Your gym sounds really big. Can I ask what gym you are with?

Pride Kids Sports Center. Cheer program is Pride Cheer. Not really what most here on FB would call a big program in either size or reputation. Overall we are more concerned about having a good and profitable business model that works for us than making a name for ourselves in the All Star world. That if it comes, we believe will come with patience and time. Our building is 14,400 square feet of space which includes office space. Gotta do something with that space.:)

5:30-6:30 10$ pay as you go, all levels offered everyday. I have plenty of instructors so I have the freedom to adjust instructors if one level is larger than the other on any given day. Level 5 teams are required to come once a week, all other levels are encouraged to attend as well. Simple to run, easy to direct, and profitable!
What gym is this?

Back