All-Star Allstar Games, Las Vegas (apr 1-3, 2016)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What is a parkour? The only thing I found online is that it's an obstacle course of some sort.

I'm going to try to explain...without really knowing. When you see kids running around and climbing, jumping, and flipping around things...like maybe a playground. It seems like great fun. My daughter's gym has several athletes who did parkour previously. It's not organized or anything. Here's a pic I took of some of our athletes watching our team from the parkour area. They're sitting on the edge of the area that divided the two stages.

I'm going to try to explain...without really knowing. When you see kids running around and climbing, jumping, and flipping around things...like maybe a playground. It seems like great fun. My daughter's gym has several athletes who did parkour previously. It's not organized or anything. Here's a pic I took of some of our athletes watching our team from the parkour area. They're sitting on the edge of the area that divided the two stages.

Yeah that's pretty much what I found online.
What was the purpose of it? Was it just for fun or was there a competition tied with the parkour?

Yeah that's pretty much what I found online.
What was the purpose of it? Was it just for fun or was there a competition tied with the parkour?

I think there was a competition, but it seemed like practice or something was ongoing. One of our athletes competed...I'm not sure what the girls next to him were doing up there or if they were just able to go up there freely.

I don't understand the way teams were scored?? Why were almost all of the teams in the 80s? My team scored an 86 I believe and we've never scored below 90, even when we didn't hit.

I don't understand the way teams were scored?? Why were almost all of the teams in the 80s? My team scored an 86 I believe and we've never scored below 90, even when we didn't hit.

Scoring is their own scoresheet, they do not use the varsity scoresheets for this comp, hence why scoring was harder and deductions were crazy.

At first I wasn't sure how I would like this comp, but it was a great experience and our program had 7 teams attending

5/7 placing top 3!
Senior 3 got 1st and Grand
Open 4(me) got 2nd
J3, senior 2, and senior 4 got 3rd

I would totally compete here again, but NOT go to the opening ceremony.
And I couldn't stand how the parkour/trickers were just in the middle chillin and hanging out while teams were competing. It was very distracting and if they weren't doing anything they should have gotten off.

Back