All-Star Allstar Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love the concept! The only thing that "worries" me is that in the promotion of such high profile athletes/teams - others don't even try to go thinking they have no chance - thereby limiting the total # teams/athletes that go. With it's cost you at least want to know if you have a competitive chance, or are you just taking a high priced vacation. I plan on going if nothing as a spectator, but would of loved to have a couple of athletes go with me.

I love the concept! The only thing that "worries" me is that in the promotion of such high profile athletes/teams - others don't even try to go thinking they have no chance - thereby limiting the total # teams/athletes that go. With it's cost you at least want to know if you have a competitive chance, or are you just taking a high priced vacation. I plan on going if nothing as a spectator, but would of loved to have a couple of athletes go with me.
I get where you are coming from, but we are a small gym that not many people know of outside of our region (SI Spirit) and we will most likely be competing at the games pending a parent meeting. Our Large Sr 2 got a partial paid (Bronze) bid from the video qualification process and our Junior 1 and Sr Coed 3 got at large (Wild Card) bids from videos as well. We're very excited about the entire concept. Cant wait to see what kind of twist they put on the traditional competition and getting to compete against some of the best teams in the country!:cool:

i agree. when they're promoting a girl who just competed in the junior olympics for tumbling, i'd think its a bit intimidating to the average kid. i love watching her, but i wouldn't want to compete against her.

I get where you are coming from, but we are a small gym that not many people know of outside of our region (SI Spirit) and we will most likely be competing at the games pending a parent meeting. Our Large Sr 2 got a partial paid (Bronze) bid from the video qualification process and our Junior 1 and Sr Coed 3 got at large (Wild Card) bids from videos as well. We're very excited about the entire concept. Cant wait to see what kind of twist they put on the traditional competition and getting to compete against some of the best teams in the country!:cool:

IMO the team competition is structured a little bit differently than the individuals and tumbling events which is what I am primarily interested in. I see this as a positive way to keep higher level tumblers in a program like ours while truly working to establish a true level team. Which may be a year or two away instead of throwing a team together around a couple of athletes just to keep them happy. Also being in a small gym that not many people know outside our region I am trying to find a challenge for some of our better tumblers that are a part of a program. If we were taking a team it would be a different analysis and I would be inclined to agree with you 100 percent.

Last edited:
i agree. when they're promoting a girl who just competed in the junior olympics for tumbling, i'd think its a bit intimidating to the average kid. i love watching her, but i wouldn't want to compete against her.

This is exactly what the mother of one of the athletes I want to go to the event expressed to me last week. She is for her child being challenged and has no problem going. She was all for it even knowing she would be in effect paying for the entire trip out of pocket until she saw what you saw.

Back